Thread: The Yaungol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    I think blizzard has a lot of ideals for the future while fans only have ideas for the present things that blizzard already created.
    True, but it's sorta like how I want Blizzard to make it 50 characters can be made on one realm instead of 11, because I don't want this to be a missed opportunity.

Deleted
    ehmm.. the alliance has the space-goat draenei and they got werewolves.. why complain about the horde having tauren?
    btw. yaungol should most definetely join the Horde and be advisors to Baine. because it could also develop the alliance vs horde story to which side the yaungol should choose

Quote Originally Posted by Cargath View Post
    True, but it's sorta like how I want Blizzard to make it 50 characters can be made on one realm instead of 11, because I don't want this to be a missed opportunity.
    50 chars on one realm is a horrible idea. I disagree with the size we are going to have soon. If you want a panda sometimes you gotta delete chars.

Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    ehmm.. the alliance has the space-goat draenei and they got werewolves.. why complain about the horde having tauren?
    btw. yaungol should most definetely join the Horde and be advisors to Baine. because it could also develop the alliance vs horde story to which side the yaungol should choose
    It's kind of lame and predictable if every new cow person we stumble upon decides to join the Horde just because that's where the other cow people are.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    50 chars on one realm is a horrible idea. I disagree with the size we are going to have soon. If you want a panda sometimes you gotta delete chars.
    OT: What kind of attitude is this? They're not only adding Pandaren but adding the monk class itself so it's a wise decision to add one more spot to character select screen.

The Black Ox would definitely be a link to Tauren and the Taunka well at least one of the first progenitors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surreal
    grim toll is the worst trinket you could get for survival. Hands down Meteorite wheat stone is better than it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LostAlgorithm View Post
    It's kind of lame and predictable if every new cow person we stumble upon decides to join the Horde just because that's where the other cow people are.
    dude.. it makes perfect sense for them to join other cow people.. if a goat has too choose between a group of other, similair goats and a pack of lions he won't pic the lions

Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    dude.. it makes perfect sense for them to join other cow people.. if a goat has too choose between a group of other, similair goats and a pack of lions he won't pic the lions
    Does it make sense? Sure. Should it necessarily happen that way? Nope. It would be much more interesting if they didn't join the Horde. Every other expansion doesn't need a token cow-man race that joins the Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they're aggressive, and I hope they don't join the Horde. However, the bit of there story we know hints at them being perfect candidates for a horde member race: They've been kicked out of their home! Hopefully they become increasingly aggressive instead of just chilling out with the tauren, they look like they could be a badass enemy.

Maybe, they get in with the Horde and are part of the reason Garrosh goes ape-shit. They bring in a connection to the Sha which could then corrupt him and lead him to start his bad things.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelk View Post
    However, the bit of there story we know hints at them being perfect candidates for a horde member race: They've been kicked out of their home!
    That's hardly a Horde thing

The Gnomes got kicked out of their home, Gnomeregan.

The Worgen got kicked out of their home, Gilneas, and by the Horde no less.

The Draenei got kicked out of their homes! Both Argus and Draenor!

10+ Year Old Account
    Does it make sense? Sure. Should it necessarily happen that way? Nope. It would be much more interesting if they didn't join the Horde. Every other expansion doesn't need a token cow-man race that joins the Horde.
    Theramore getting blown up made for an interesting story and look who that played out >.>

BUT I really hope they remain neutral and horde/alliance try to assist them to win them over to either cause crippling each others efforts along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Adocul View Post
    OT: What kind of attitude is this? They're not only adding Pandaren but adding the monk class itself so it's a wise decision to add one more spot to character select screen.

The Black Ox would definitely be a link to Tauren and the Taunka well at least one of the first progenitors.
    I rather them use coding on something more benificial then one more char slot

Deleted
    why would it be? i can tell you right now if they don't join one of the factions they're gnna end up being just a mob in a zone that never made a comback.. sure taunka didn't either.. that's because we needed to fend off the scourge and we had no time for taunka, but now its horde vs alliance, just sayin.

and u say every other expansion? the BC and Cata didn't have new cow-ppl, and i don't think there will be more in the future, since we almost had every cow breed XD

10+ Year Old Account
    That's hardly a Horde thing

The Gnomes got kicked out of their home, Gnomeregan.

The Worgen got kicked out of their home, Gilneas, and by the Horde no less.

The Draenei got kicked out of their homes! Both Argus and Draenor!
    The point I was making was that they are all joined together because they need the others. The Alliance is more of a, well an alliance. They work not because they need each other, but because it's beneficial.
    Trolls: Needed help from Thrall's horde to survive the Murloc attack on their home. Stay in the Horde due to Honour. Kicked out of their homes. Twice.
    Tauren: Needed help defeating Centaurs. Stay in the Horde due to Honour. Kicked out of home by Grimtotem for a short while.
    Undead: Taking back Lordaeron, protection from Scarlet Crusade (admittedly undead are in it for beneficial reasons and not survival) Not given the land which is arguably theirs, close to being kicked out.
    Blood Elves: Needed the help of The Forsaken in defeating the Scourge invasion. Now must stay in Horde due to Undead pressure. Kicked out of Kalimdor, nearly kicked out of Quel'Thalas by Scourge.
    Goblins: Stranded on Lost Isles, Lost Isle goes Boom, Thrall tells them to join the Horde, Garrosh gives them a home in return for building stuff.Forced to flee home, and then the Island they settled on.
    Orcs: Needed an alliance with native races to become the dominant force in Central(ish) Kalimdor. Driven out of their home by corruption.

would be cool if they teamed up with the grimtotems and became the first raid with a grimtotem/yaungol theme

I hope they join the Alliance. Why should the Horde get a monopoly on bovine humanoids?
    You can choose between 2 factions, one has a 2 races in it (counting Taunka) that share a large resemblence to you and the other one has a puppy man, pointy eared purple guys and some pink skins, who would you pick? Not to mention they are probably more savage which fits the horde more! xD

OT: Dunno, I kinda hope some of them will be friendly and that we don't brutally slaughter them all.

I find it interesting how there are Tauren offshoots on every continent except the Eastern Kingdoms. Maybe the Tauren, Taunka, and Yaungol had a common, worldspanning ancestor.
    "With this costume, I'll get Asian girls for sure!"
    - Judge Malthred revealing my avatar's inner thoughts

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jistu View Post
    I find it interesting how there are Tauren offshoots on every continent except the Eastern Kingdoms. Maybe the Tauren, Taunka, and Yaungol had a common, worldspanning ancestor.
    YOU DON'T SAY? and remember that all the continents on azeroth were once one,the tauren, yaungol and taunka have been separated for over 10.000 year ago XD

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I made a post a while ago that I hope we discover that the Tauren's original homelands were Pandaria, and that the Yaungol are their original ancestors, much in the same way the Vrykul turned out to be the ancestors of the Humans. I hope we discover that the Tauren/Taunka just broke off/left the ancient lands long ago (perhaps we will find out even what that reason might've been as part of MoP's plotline?).

Also below is another possible piece of evidence to this.

This goes along with the WoW insider magazine's theory article that said the Tauren were made by a bull ancient - could Niuzao the Black Ox be that ancient?

It all seems to add up to me. ^_^
    Well Niu 牛 is chinese for everything that is cow like and my guess is that zao stands for 早 which means early so it could be translated as early cow I think.

I soooo wished that was the new tauren model :l