Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Fastest Beta Speed Run Times?

I took a quick glance and didn't see any posts about this so why not!

What is your fastest speed run time for completion of content on the beta (From start to Skeleton King). Post below it below.

I am currently practicing myself and videoing my attempts, i will post when i get a decent one!

Shortest I can remember like 41 minutes or something, I was starting about 45 minutes before I had to leave for work and wanted to see if I could beat the clock, and just barely made it

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhurn View Post
    Shortest I can remember like 41 minutes or something, I was starting about 45 minutes before I had to leave for work and wanted to see if I could beat the clock, and just barely made it
    Hehe better than me! I still havent cleared since I barely played so far. Watching Kripparrian clear in 18minutes was jaw dropping though, so i decided to start trying lol.

Deleted
    Around 1 hour 15.. I'm not good with speed runs, something shiny in the wrong direction always captures my attention

Deleted
    Mine was 30 minutes, but it was on a lvl 13 wizard with full decked items and 2 rares D:

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Around 1 hour 15.. I'm not good with speed runs, something shiny in the wrong direction always captures my attention
    That is exactly how i play! hahaha

Speed run all you want, I'm not one to tell people how to play... But realistically, this is the worst way to play D3. It isn't D2 where you just rush the boss as fast as possible, kill it, and repeat. You'll want to explore the map each time and find all the mobs you can to slaughter.

My fastest way probally around 40 mins or so. But i saw this a while back. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r86mGz95J7w 14.5min speed run.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Catharlex View Post
    Speed run all you want, I'm not one to tell people how to play... But realistically, this is the worst way to play D3. It isn't D2 where you just rush the boss as fast as possible, kill it, and repeat. You'll want to explore the map each time and find all the mobs you can to slaughter.
    Which is what people in D2 did until they already saw the content 3 times on there first character, and then a further 3 times on each character after that. Same will happen with D3. You see the content over and over, you just rush it

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    Which is what people in D2 did until they already saw the content 3 times on there first character, and then a further 3 times on each character after that. Same will happen with D3. You see the content over and over, you just rush it
    lol that was my thought on it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    Except in D2, it was the absolute best way of attaining gear.

In D3, the weakest mob can drop a strong item. A boss could drop nothing of use. The mentality needs to die, and the sooner it does the easier it will be to play public games. All I know is that I'll be locked down with the same group of people for at least the first couple weeks, so I won't have to worry about this at all.

Edit: I'm not trying to bash here. I just find it funny that people want to keep the same mentality that they had in D2 for D3. It's a different game, and not designed around bosses giving the end all be all loot.
    Last edited by Catharlex; 2012-04-25 at 10:18 PM.

22 minutes 18 seconds. Level 12 Barbarian with 2 rare Scythes that dropped from my first (at level 9) SK run.
    Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge
    Last edited by Cthulhu Ftagn; 2012-04-25 at 10:47 PM.

Friend of mine can make a new Wizard and get to SK in about 30 minutes. He just does the quests and runs past the rest of the mobs, then fights SK at like level 5.

---------- Post added 2012-04-26 at 12:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu Ftagn View Post
    22 minutes 18 seconds. Level 12 Barbarian with 2 rare Scythes that dropped from my first (at level 9) SK run.
    Click to enlarge
    Talking about from fresh character to beta complete, not a character that's already killed him. My demon hunter can start the black king quest and kill him in less than 3 minutes if I get lucky on where the stairs to the royal crypts spawn.

O I C, musta read that first post wrong.

EDIT: Then why is this a speed run http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r86mGz95J7w from the above post if this guy's already leveled?

"Wanted to see how fast I could finish the Beta content on my level 13 Barbarian, 14:38 was my best time start to finish. Made a few critical errors there as well (Missed Leap Attacks, Attacking Enemies I could skip). Without those I likely could have shaved 20-30 seconds off the run. Oh well!"

I now think that it wasn't I, but you Maelstrom51, who read the posts/forum topic incorrectly.
    Last edited by Cthulhu Ftagn; 2012-04-26 at 12:18 AM.

I believe I saw Kripp due it under 23 minutes hardcore with only weapons from level one.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puerto View Post
    I believe I saw Kripp due it under 23 minutes hardcore with only weapons from level one.
    His best is 18m __seconds, he will probably upload a video of it sometime. It was on his livestream.

Deleted
    I think my fast clear was around 51 minutes or so. Not that fast but i enjoyed every minute.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am going to do some more today, I think, so i will post it if i get a good one

10+ Year Old Account
    25 minutes on my level 13 monk here . But I was in blues.

EDIT: It was actually a gold grinding speed run. So I did take the time to collect some gold and kill some enemies here and there. Could probably do it in 16-17 minutes or so. Monks got great speed abilites.
    >>Because having a signature is so mainstream.<<