Wizard vs Warlock

My team for the release is going to be a demon hunter a barbarian a monk and me, free to choose between a wizard and a witch doctor. I keep changing my mind back and forth between what I want to use, It will be my first serious toon for farming inferno and pvp when it comes.

So Im curious to know which of the 2 you think will be better, with supporting details XD

That title is kinda misleading.

As for the choice, I'm not too sure myself. Both seem to appeal to my playstyle. If by "better" you mean who does more damage, I'd say they're gonna be more or less balanced (as far as is possible in a Diablo game) when you reach higher levels. If you mean by playstyle, then that's entirely personal. No two people are exactly the same when playing games.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Depends, honestly they can both fill in the support-ish caster or the pure AoE fest guy, or some serious single target.

that being said, If you are running 2 melees I feel like WD lose some of its 'value' being you dont really need the wall of pets/monsters he can bring to the table with only 1 melee. I would go towards Wizard in your shoes! Hope my opinion helps ^^

wizard i don't like the hunched over look of the WD but that is me.

Quote Originally Posted by Marken View Post
    Depends, honestly they can both fill in the support-ish caster or the pure AoE fest guy, or some serious single target.

that being said, If you are running 2 melees I feel like WD lose some of its 'value' being you dont really need the wall of pets/monsters he can bring to the table with only 1 melee. I would go towards Wizard in your shoes! Hope my opinion helps ^^
    I'd say this is somewhat relevant. The Witch Doctor's support is, in some ways (not all ways, mind you) only going to replicate what melee are already doing to an extent. That said, they 'do' have options that the melee won't, you just wouldn't be using the obvious pet and wall abilities, and you wouldn't be the more typical Pet Doctor as some seem to be calling it. In the end? Both have tools that you could make use of. You'd just have fewer tools as a Witch Doctor, though they do have more tools, it's just, with melee, some of those tools would be redundant and you 'might' feel limited when meshing with your partners.

With that said, you may not be interested in their support abilities, and more in their outright damage abilities. Both excel in their own way, and both are proper choices without question. At that point, in fact, I'd tell you to look at how they manage resources, and their visuals, to see what fits your style and taste best, if the abilities alone don't turn you one way or another.

Witch Doctors can output ungodly amounts of damage. The fastest I was able to clear the betas were all Witch Doctor clears. When a WD gets rolling and is dropping spells the entire screen is literally flooded by their assault. Wizard seemed the least of all the classes- even with an AOE focused build. Wiz just takes a lot longer to get to their place and do so far less spectacularly than WD as I have played them.

Deleted
    I would pick Wizard, though i had so much playing Wicth Doctor.

Im starting to lean towards witch doctor. Playing with the skill calculators for level 60 toons, and thinking about the fact that i might solo content sometimes. If I play my witch doctor all spell caster / buffer, with stuff like big bad voodoo and dots / direct damage spells and skip summons I think it will work well with my team. However I still have 2+weeks for my mind to change XD

Thank you guys for your opinions I appreciate it and will keep listening to people on the forums