10+ Year Old Account

Ready to overclock...

So, I've finally finished my first build. I just finished up the water cooling circuit about 10 minutes ago and I hurried to hook everything back up so I could begin attempting to over clock. Then i remembered, everything I have read has confused the utter crap out of me. I'm generally well versed with following simple instructions but after looking through multiple guides and each saying slightly different things I am lost. So, this brings me back to my trust-worthy friends on MMOC for so advice/help.

My current set up is as follows;

CPU: Intel i5 2500k
    MOBO: Asus Z77 Sabertooth
    PSU: NZXT 750w
    RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance
    Drive 1: Intel Cherryville 120GB SSD
    Drive 2: Segate Barracuda 1TB 7200
    GPU: Sapphire HD 7970

This is what I'm looking like so far. Please excuse the messy cable management, that is the next project.

So basically just want to try over clocking my CPU first. I'm going to hold off on my GPU until I can incorporate it into my water cooling circuit. Thanks in advance for your help.

Kir
    I like waffles!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    if you want to bump your way up you can use the AI Suite & CPU Level Up.
    It gives you 3 default overclocking profiles to choose.

Select one, it will shut down, boot black screen (bios changes) , shut down , reboot , load windows. Overclocked.. could not be any easier..

Only other thing you need to set is the memory speed.

How It simple it is on the ROG Maximus V gee Z77

Your power supply is upside down, the fan is supposed to be facing the bottom dust filters and such. <.<
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Your power supply is upside down, the fan is supposed to be facing the bottom dust filters and such. <.<
    Unless he has placed his pc on a carpet and has a case without "feet", it would just suffocate.

10+ Year Old Account
    It does have feet, but not high enough to clear my carpet sufficiently. I have it flipped until I can finish the stand I'm building.
    I like waffles!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiryia View Post
    It does have feet, but not high enough to clear my carpet sufficiently. I have it flipped until I can finish the stand I'm building.
    Besides the dust mentioned when on a carpet, there zero issues facing it one way or another. Face it whichever way you want or looks the best, it's not supposed to be facing a certain way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll most likely flip it when I go back in and wrap my wires, but I'm wanting to get this overclocking knocked out of the way first.
    I like waffles!

Deleted
    Yeah don't worry about it unless, like mentioned, it's on a carpet. There is no right or wrong way.

As for overclocking, I don't have much advice for you other than read and follow a good guide and test for stability, you can use the auto overclocking feature that comes with the ASUS motherboard, it's actually descent (with ASUS) and you can adjust the voltage (down) until it becomes unstable.