Thread: Ranged reach.

Deleted

Ranged reach.

Just curious about ranged range.

I played Elementalist mainly (squishie lil` bugrits) & in the structured pvp, few times I got hit by hunters but I couldn`t hit them as "out of range". Do Rangers have bonus range?

The same in WvWvW (gawd that place is amazing!!). I was stood on a wall trying to scare of the nasties but was out of range again, yet some players managed to hit me. Not with their peets, but the players themselves.

Really hope not, this bugged me in a certain other game.

Range is different between different professions and different weapons.

Deleted
    Ranged with Longbows can trait extra range.

Not sure if Ele's have anything similar.

i belive longbows have the longest range, with about "1200" whatevers they measure in, i found myself able to outrange just about everyone when i tried it in pvp, the downside however is that the longbow does less damage the closer you'r target is, which i think is a nice balance and also means a ranger wont simply be able to stick to the bow the entire fight but will need to have a close range weapon ready as backup.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbait View Post
    Just curious about ranged range.

I played Elementalist mainly (squishie lil` bugrits) & in the structured pvp, few times I got hit by hunters but I couldn`t hit them as "out of range". Do Rangers have bonus range?

The same in WvWvW (gawd that place is amazing!!). I was stood on a wall trying to scare of the nasties but was out of range again, yet some players managed to hit me. Not with their peets, but the players themselves.

Really hope not, this bugged me in a certain other game.
    The max range for a ranger is 1500 with a longbow trait.

Longbow is by default 1200, which is the range of a staff elementalist.

Deleted
    Ah thanks. Guess try more weapons next beta to test ranges out.

Guess I`ll have to hope the Rangers aren`t near any melee, that way I`ll toe to toe it

Varies by weapon and profession

Necro staff was 1200, sceptre was 900, axe was 600, dagger was 130(melee)

depends on class,wep,skill.

Mesmer was 1200 GS and staff, 900 sceptre, 130 sword etc. Offhands also had their own range on skills for most classes.

Essentially most classes had a similar range split, with exception of ranger who could trait into longbow for extra range iirc.

The normal range for Rangers was 1200 with auto-attacks and such. You can trait the Longbow to have a bit more range, too.