Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

New Lore: Legacy of the Masters

As pointed out in the Verdant Sphere thread by Kathranis, it seems that there's a new lore book for 'locks in game called Legacy of the Masters (Part 1), located near the 'lock trainers in Orgrimmar (unknown if there's a book in Stormwind). It's a pretty interesting read, and since not everyone is in the beta (and right now client stability is terrible) I've taken screenshots the whole thing and photoshopped it into one image. A couple of the pages are a bit longer than one book page, so there's a couple duplicates for the top and bottom of those pages.

edit: Arg! Title fail, it should be Masters, not Maters.
    Last edited by Fallensaint; 2012-04-25 at 11:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like this is how they're going to justify the evolution of the class and play style in terms of story.

Cool!

Poking through Wowhead, it seems that there may some readable notes available somehow/eventually. Maybe as part of a yet-to-be-implemented quest? The book itself is easy to miss, so maybe there's a quest in the works to get 'locks to read it and any future volumes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty awesome and interesting read. Now those names in the flavor text of some warlock talents is explained :>
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Deleted
    Maybe Kanrethad will have role in Illidan's return. At least I can hope, right?

Good read, good find. For those that are interested, I've typed out a transcript below:

The Council of Six Daggers

The pages within contain the story of the six master warlock trainers who unlocked the secrets of the most destructive forces to ever threaten Azeroth.

This rare alliance resulted in the new magics which were unleashed to all Warlock sects after The Cataclysm.

In the wake of The Cataclysm, the rising tensions between The Horde and Alliance have driven the greatest heroes of Azeroth to train for war. Warriors have readied their war banners. The Death Knights of Acherus have learned to control the Undead and it is even said the mages are researching ways to undo time itself.

Word of these new threats compelled the Warlocks to action. Convening in shadows, a council of six fought about what must be done to ensure the supremacy of their order, after several nights of blame, bickering, and signed beareds, the human Warlock Kanrethad spoke out:

" The relentless darkness which bathed Azeroth has been pushed back. Cho'Gall is slain and the remnants of the Twilight's Hammer cult have been scattered. Ragnaros is defeated and his armies forced back into the Firelands. Deathwing lies torn apart and his twilight drakes obliterated. However, the powers they commanded are not so easily forgotten... powers untapped and ripe for the taking."

"In fact, among us now stands several who have faced their power firsthand." He said, pointing at a hooded figure across the room. A deep, sinister laugh echoed through the room as his hood burst into flames and burned away to reveal the orc enchanted, Ritssyn.

"It is true, pink skin, I was there when the Firelord was vanquished. The intensity of his flame was unlike anything you can imagine." the burning glow of Ritssyn's eyes cast eerie shadows over his burn-scarred face and thick-tusked grin.

"Untrue." spat a sharp, feminine voice, Shinfel. A Blood Elf adorned with sharp spikes of twilight elementium glared across the table, "Until you've been a prisoner within your own mind you know nothing of horror." Shinfel's blood had been corrupted during the fight with Cho'gall and her arms were now covered in black marks left behind by the corruption that had erupted from her skin. The experience had only served to increase the intensity of her sadism. Shinfel continued, "Even the Firelord's flames were overshadowed by the raw chaos unleashed by the Destroyer." She paused a moment and glanced to a Worgen who remained eerily silent. Zinnin had been present when Deathing was unmade and had not spoken a word since. Zinnin's eyes narrowed for a moment, then snarled at Ritssyn.

Kanrethad stood up from the table and took a deep breath. "This is exactly why we are here. I have no love for any of you, but we each bore witness to pieces of even greater power. Imagine - if we fused the molten fury of the Firelands with the unstoppable chaos of Deathwing, even the powers of the burning legion could not hold a candle to our flames!"

Ritssyn kicked his boots upon the table and snickered. "And just who would do this? You?" he spat. "I think not. You haven't been seen in battle since the siege of the Black Temple. If it weren't for having shared the secrets of Illidan's transformation with this council, I would kill you just for having the audacity of summoning me."

Kanrethad's lips pursed for a moment, but he relaxed and continued. "No, the scope of this task exceeds the capabilities of any single member here. I propose this council split into pairs. Ritssyn and Zinnin would lead a group into Sulfuras. Similarly, Shinfel and Zelfrax would hunt down the remaining members of the Twilight's Hammer cult and ... persuade them to share what they learned."

A pock-faced Gnome applauded with mirthful glee. Kanrethad continued, "then we return... one year from now and take the results of our expeditions back to our own sects. More powerful than we would have been alone."

Ritssyn frowned as he saw the greed drown out in the Human's words dance across the council's faces, "And what would keep us from simply killing our partner in their sleep once it was a success?"

Kanrethad's brow furrowed and he growled, "Which is why we swear that if any member of this council breaks the contract and fails to return or returns alone, the others shall strike them down and banish their soul forever. We either succeed together or die alone."

Ritssyn knew at that moment there was no turning back. To decline was to invite his own death, and Kanrethad had seen to that already. He could defeat the human singlehandedly, but against all five? No. Not now... but after learning the secrets of the destroyer that zinnin held...

"Fine. I can play along with your fool's errand. But first I must know, where will you and that miserable forsake Jubeka be going?"

"Me?" spoke Kanrethad with a wicked grin, "Why I'm returning... to Outland."
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

This is amazing! I've been toying with the idea of making a warlock but now I'm making one without a doubt!

15+ Year Old Account
    About time warlocks have gotten some lore.

Those are also the same six warlocks who now have quotes in the flavor text for the new Tier 3 and 4 talents.

Soul Link: "The strongest of bonds is one which shares pain and pleasure equally." - Kanrethad

Sacrificial Pact: "Let someone else pay the price of your recklessness." - Zelfrax

Dark Bargain: "All debts must be repaid... eventually." - Shinfel

Blood Fear: "If I'm bleeding, you'd better be running." - Jubeka

Burning Rush: "Run, run or you'll be well done!" - Zinnin

Unbound Will: "I will not be stopped - be it by Human, Dragon or Titan." - Ritssyn
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2012-04-26 at 02:35 AM.

Cool stuff, it'll probably get removed right before expac goes live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dun dun duuuuuun !

EDIT: That was the foreshadowing ... uh ... noise. Not spam!
    Last edited by Uennie; 2012-04-26 at 02:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethilus View Post
    Good read, good find. For those that are interested, I've typed out a transcript below:

<snip>
    You sir are great. Thanks for taking the time to type it up!
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

Legacy of the Maters would presumably be research into Succubi

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait a minute....

Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    Wait a minute....
    Rofl, I was thinking about your lock the entire time I was reading this. Apparently you are famous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently I don't talk much anymore..

10+ Year Old Account
    Custom colored fire spells confirmed!
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

10+ Year Old Account
    This makes me even more happy to keep my lock going now. Lore helps so much.

Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    Apparently I don't talk much anymore..
    You've seen some things man. Terrible, terrible things.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    Custom colored fire spells confirmed!
    Wait, what? How did you gather that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neubs986 View Post
    Wait, what? How did you gather that?
    Obviously when people type "confirmed!" they're speculating.

What do we have?

>WARLOCKS gather and discuss evil stuff
    >most prominently they mention FIRE and quickly start an argument which one is the best
    >i.e. one says that RAGNAROS has the most merciless fire
    >the other battled Cho'gall and the TWILIGHT hammer cult
    >and the last one is a BLACK TEMPLE veteran

Now let's see:

>RAGNAROS the firelord is basically the living essense of fire itself; regular ORANGE/RED
    >TWILIGHT hammer has a strong PURPLE motif in general, including SHADOW FLAME
    >Fel magic since the Burning Crusade (actually since the WC3 intro cinematic) is always presented in GREEN acidic colors including fire magic
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.