Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Could you live in Azeroth?

If you could go to sleep tonight, and wake up tomorrow as your main in Azeroth, would you go for it (no switching back and forth)?

Things to think about:
    That would mean fighting dragons, fighting Deathwing, the Lich King, Rock Elementals, Enemy Warlocks.
    We would assume you would be skilled and know how to control yourself
    You would start in Vanilla Lore and work your way through BC -> WotLK -> Cataclysm (but with no awareness of whats coming next)
    If you die, you can find your body to come back, however you also feel all the pain of battle/dieing etc. etc.
    No need to worry about fatigue/energy when fighting/running a lot
    You would work through dungeons and raids with a group of 25 "heroes" which would be your guildmates with reflective personalities from RL

Just use your imagination to fill in anything else, I think I covered the main points.

Anyway my main is a mage....and I think it would be fun, but honestly I like real life too much. I will stay on Earth
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Screw fighting for a living. Just because I do it for fun in a game doesn't mean I'd want to do it for real. If I wake up tomorrow in Azeroth I'm applying for a job as a stable master or an alchemy trainer.

uh..hurdurh as Brighttamethyst said, screw fighting for a living xD, my character would probably be busy doing other stuff, cooking, doing engineering stuff, trying to help healing the world, praying to the naruu etc. yeh..trying to find a wife maybe even so yeh, no fighting ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    i COULD do it.. but i wont, the only reason i do it not is because i dont feel the pain when i die, i dont feel the pain when getting hit, and dont have to worry about panicing when some horrible event happens

I'd just fly on dragons all day long. Fuck fighting.

It would be an honor to die with my weapon slicing through the air.

As for my guildmates i might accidently kill a few of them for fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you take in account the actual scale of things if everyone on a server was permanently in the world I am almost sure people would start starving to death from the lack of space to grow sufficient food. The world is so small, if you were talking about azeroth's fantasy world size and scale maybe you should try the warcraft DnD books it really defines and creates the fantasy world better for immersion. That is if you have an imagination.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I walk around at work sometimes I hallucinate rather vividly about wearing plate armor. I feel the weight and hear the chainmail parts jingling. I smell leather and steel. I find myself reaching over my shoulder for my sword and only come back to reality when my hand grasps nothing... So yeah I think I could.

The size of azeroth is condensed in the game. Its real size is astonishing and vast.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the reality was anything like the game, I would be dead within five hours. No thanks.

Deleted
    I would definitely go for that. In this life I'm unimportant university student with ambiguous future and in WoW I'm powerful mage who can create food, teleport, manipulate time and space, knows alchemy, engineering, archaeology, etc.

Reading the short stories for the leaders (especially Velen's) and questing through several areas I realised just how unbelievably shafted the average joes of Azeroth got following the Cataclysm. I mean if I were an adventurer (which I probably wouldn't be due to being both stunningly apathetic and a massive coward IRL) I could just live in one of the inns with infinite amounts of rooms but otherwise it probably wouldn't be all that fun. Also some overdressed jerk would probably kill me for pocket change within an hour.
    "Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken. Always and forever!"

Perfection is so horribly dull, don't you think?

Hell yes, I would much rather live in Azeroth, especially as a healer.

Dumbest Thread 2012

Deleted
    No , Azeroth doesn't have internet :P
    It's just a game for me i love my real life

15+ Year Old Account
    No internet is a deal breaker for me.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only if I could live with those gnomes. They have a wicked sense of humor, blowing themselves and each other up all day & night. I love that humor they have, and the voices too.

Life's problems are so much easier to deal with when they are a monster you smite with a sword.

And when I get bored of killing dragons there is always World of Workcraft
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2012-04-30 at 10:15 AM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are no bathrooms in Azeroth. I could not live there.

10+ Year Old Account
    No way. Missing way too much stuff. Plus theres the whole Dragons that take over the world every year or so.

Would I like to live in a world where everyone is in shape, can eat/drink whenever they want and never get fat, and to top it off, cast magic and fly dragons around? SIGN ME UP!