Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

I hate what this community has become.

Blizzard please fix it somehow. What used to be about honing skills and working on teamwork is just about getting as many phat lewts as often as possible. I guess with games like farmville I'm not surprised.

='\

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hahaha Community? Wait what

What Community?

There hasn't been a decent community in a long long while OP.

It has been dead too long.... People are always in it for them selves
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

The community is always nice when it's a small one, but after wow became so big (10mill+ subs) people don't really care about each other anymore.

Also people have played for so long that they don't have the patience for wiping anymore or being nice.
    Last edited by nameuser; 2012-04-28 at 09:53 AM.

Blizzard can't fix the selfishness, greed and stupidity of human. New looting system will do some pretty big changes in pugs though.

Also, my ignore list was longest in vanilla and has gotten shorter with every expansion. There was no mythical garden of Eden in the beginning of this game either.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Blizzard can't fix the selfishness, greed and stupidity of human. New looting system will do some pretty big changes in pugs though.

Also, my ignore list was longest in vanilla and has gotten shorter with every expansion. There was no mythical garden of Eden in the beginning of this game either.
    yup, now i dont have anyone (except 2 idiots who randomly started to rage in low lvl lfd) in ignore list, why? coz 90% of the time if they arent from my guild i ignore them.

Quote Originally Posted by nameuser View Post
    The community is always nice when it's a small one, but after wow became so big (10mill+ subs) people don't really care about each other anymore.

Also people have played for so long that they don't have the patience for wiping anymore or being nice.

This was the time LFD was made.. While it was good to start off. it killed the community. people didnt have 2 worry about pissing off that person since s/he wasnt on their server so therefore they didnt need 2 worry about getting a bad name. To bring the Community back we need 2 get rid of LFR/D they are what killing the community
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

Quote Originally Posted by nameuser View Post
    The community is always nice when it's a small one, but after wow became so big (10mill+ subs) people don't really care about each other anymore
    Who are you kidding? There are nice people, and there are shitty people. If you asked me to describe people on average, I'd say people tend to lean more towards the shitty spectrum to some extent. Look at any school class where there are 20-30 students together constantly, or smaller offices. If small numbers magically made everyone nice, work place and school yard bullying simply wouldn't exist.

The community was never nice. As soon as Vanilla went live, there were flat out dicks playing. People would still try to get gear they didn't need to vendor or AH it over people for whom it was an upgrade, gank players who had no chance, abuse people with our without provocation. It just so happened that the player base was a lot smaller, and limited to one realm, so once you encountered someone you found to be a wanker, you'd probably never group with them again. And likewise, if you knew a certain player always camped low level toons in the same area, you'd either get a group of rogues and corpse camp him until he moved on, or level somewhere else.

the best wow-community for me was back in vanilla when we had server specific forums where we could organize stuff on our server or talk about some happenings on it.

we also had a weekly radioshow for it, featuring events and sometimes interviews from famous guilds raidleaders and so on(only serverspecific!). it was quite fun

on mmo-champion there is ofc no such thing ~~ people are only here to discuss the game itself... wich is pretty unpersonal and thus creates the opportunity to be a dick to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by fender010 View Post
    Cross server nonsense and mass guild invites for the sake of guild levels/taxes and perks killed the community.

Used to be the people on your server actually mattered. Your name got a reputation, good or bad.

Now it's like someone took all the leftovers from the fridge and stirred them all together hoping it would taste good.
    the community needs to organize itself! not just hope that somebody comes along and does all the work for you ~~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Blizzard please fix it somehow. What used to be about honing skills and working on teamwork is just about getting as many phat lewts as often as possible. I guess with games like farmville I'm not surprised.

='\
    Not very surprising, after all this time and the mass flight from WoW, who do you think is left? What kind of player types do you think are left in the game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Alcatraz- View Post

What Community?

pretty much this ^

I hate getting to lv85 fresh, and knowing that I need to grind gear to get to a decent level to raid. The reason being that I know the other players will judge me on my gear, my dps, my healing if it isn't that great, and it ruins the experience of getting to max with every little cretin out there judgeing me as I try to gear up.

Tip: Don't start threads with a post containing "Blizzard fix please", as these are unofficial forums, and chances for devs or any Blizzard employee to read them are close to none.

Quote Originally Posted by -Alcatraz- View Post

What Community?

This post pretty much nailed it. There was never a proper community in this game, there were always douchebags, gankers, ninja looters, etc.

There were some realm forums, official or unofficial, where people talked and shared their tales of bad players / douchebags, but those died like in TBC, with only few people remaining on them.

And yeah, my ignore list was getting shorter with each expansion aswell.

Deleted

That's mostly because almost every player now days is expected to be mentally challenged in some way and there will never be an ignore list long enough for that so why bother? In Vanilla on the other hand, keeping an ignore list actually had a purpose.
    Last edited by mmoc6cf872d270; 2012-04-28 at 10:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Agreed. I'm so tired of people crying about the "community" and blaming Blizzard as if they're responsible for shitty people.

im reading how people have full ignore lists and whatnot... so if i dont have anyone on my ignore list, what does that make me? and what does the opposite make you?

ignoring your problems just doesnt sound right and its problably the root of all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypro View Post
    This was the time LFD was made.. While it was good to start off. it killed the community. people didnt have 2 worry about pissing off that person since s/he wasnt on their server so therefore they didnt need 2 worry about getting a bad name. To bring the Community back we need 2 get rid of LFR/D they are what killing the community
    I have to call "Rose-tinted goggles" on this one, people ranted, raged, ninja-ed and did everything else we rage about today way back in Vanilla too, humans are bastards when they can get away with it, and as long as you aren't in the same room as them (About arms' length :P ), they can get away with pretty much anything, so they will do anything they want...

Deleted
    It has always been like this .. i wonder why you cant understand it.

With lfr/lfd you just see more people than your realm and the chance to find idiots increases.

There were as many before as there are now. The difference is where to look at and who to talk with.

You can bet that if you actually played classic you'd find same amount of max lvl elitist as you see now...

Touche !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    I have to call "Rose-tinted goggles" on this one, people ranted, raged, ninja-ed and did everything else we rage about today way back in Vanilla too, humans are bastards when they can get away with it, and as long as you aren't in the same room as them (About arms' length :P ), they can get away with pretty much anything, so they will do anything they want...
    The big difference in Vanilla was that everyone knew who was a ninja and subsequently that person had a hard time getting into groups. Maintaining a good server rep was very important then. Now it doesn’t matter.

had 2 people on ignore in vanilla, 2 in tbc, 2-3 in wotlk... like 9000 atm... Wow community sucks, because the game does not have a sence of achievment atm... Get 85 + farm for 1½ days played = boom 390+ ilvl... Weres the fun in that? ....
    What im saying is people is bored and frustrated at the game and tend to let it out on other people.
    MoP probably wont fix any of it... WoW's a old game, u can only "refresh" things so many times...