Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

places that never gonna be opened/explained?

Hi so the 4th expansion of wow is coming near with every passing day and i wanted to discuss about closed up places or weird places. so we know alot of places over time and expansions got opened/explained but I afraid some of them intresting places wont have any chance anymore of opening up if they haven't yet after 4 expansions. some of the examples :
    the four green portals that supposed to lead you into the emerald dream - i was sure they would be opened over the time but behold its 4 expansions now and nothing.

deadwind pass - so here there are two creepy/weird unused places the karazhan crypt which is wicked with those upside down stirs and that huge pile of bone this area was once accesable via dying near it and then rezzing on the other side but not anymore and its use if at all is still not known. the second place we have here is a place at the start of the zone called "ariden's camp" its a small place with a bonefire a small carriage and a tent the place is empty and there is no npc in game called "Ariden".

tirisfal glades - there is a huge empty place the tirisfal grove which the highbourne landed on and people speculated there could be an old god resting there.

sunwell - correct me i may be wrong but we never got to see the place or am i hopeless about that?

unexplained npc's : here there are alot so feel free to add some and also some of the places i mentioned above
    there was a naga in tanaris i dont remmber his name which was friendly he didnt give any quests or anything just walk in and out of his cave watching the sea. after the shattering the cave is flooded and he disappeared.

that's what i remmber for now feel free to add more places/npc's or trying to speculate on some of the unfinished/unexplained things

Emerald Dream should be getting opened eventually, maybe next x-pac. If you look through videos you can see that they are constantly updating it. I even have a bunch of screenshots from when blizz forgot to turn off gm commands for premade characters on the ptr once
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Wounds View Post
    Myself, yes, I have always wanted to be a mod
    Probably not, the job sucks.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    The naga in the cave in tanaris was part of ahn'qiraj pre quest chain. She buffed you with swim speed buff so you could go to the isle south of tanaris and do quests there.

Quote Originally Posted by drorman View Post
    sunwell - correct me i may be wrong but we never got to see the place or am i hopeless about that?
    When we fight Kil'jaeden, he's literally coming out of the Sunwell itself.

Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    The naga in the cave in tanaris was part of ahn'qiraj pre quest chain. She buffed you with swim speed buff so you could go to the isle south of tanaris and do quests there.
    No, there was a different naga than that. He literally was just chilling. Rumor has it he was part of a quest that no one ever found, but the GM that everyone quoted was likely just screwing with the person he talked to.
    Now, THIS thing? THIS thing is horrible. It's just awful. It was awful at 60 and it was awful at 58. It's awful at 45. If this dropped off a mob in Wailing Caverns when you were level 17 and being run through by a higher level character, you would equip it ONLY because you don't have trinkets at that level, and it would STILL SUCK.
    -Wowhead user on the Lion Horn of Stormwind, an epic from the era of so-called "EPIC" epics.

10+ Year Old Account
    antam i saw an old quote from 2006(on wowwiki) of a dev saying the emerald dream is forming up nicely but that was long time ago
    to taurenguard i think your mixing up things because the naga i speak of was male not female

---------- Post added 2012-04-22 at 05:02 PM ----------

@imadraenei well what would blizz achieve from a quest that no one ever did though?

tirisfal glades - there is a huge empty place the tirisfal grove which the highbourne landed on and people speculated there could be an old god resting there.
    Empty...? Nope
    it was once empty(before cata) but that changed, part of it is unnamed lake with crashed plane in water and bones of fisherman on island
    and whats more intresting rest of it is named forest, called Whispering Forest (yep, old gods turn ppl crazy by constantly whispering to them) with recently added werid event that happens from time to time.
    (http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/07/19/wh...pering-forest/)

Stood in the Fire TheReptorGekko's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hi so the 4th expansion of wow is coming near with every passing day and i wanted to discuss about closed up places or weird places. so we know alot of places over time and expansions got opened/explained but I afraid some of them intresting places wont have any chance anymore of opening up if they haven't yet after 4 expansions. some of the examples :
    the four green portals that supposed to lead you into the emerald dream - i was sure they would be opened over the time but behold its 4 expansions now and nothing.

deadwind pass - so here there are two creepy/weird unused places the karazhan crypt which is wicked with those upside down stirs and that huge pile of bone this area was once accesable via dying near it and then rezzing on the other side but not anymore and its use if at all is still not known. the second place we have here is a place at the start of the zone called "ariden's camp" its a small place with a bonefire a small carriage and a tent the place is empty and there is no npc in game called "Ariden".

unexplained npc's : here there are alot so feel free to add some and also some of the places i mentioned above
    there was a naga in tanaris i dont remmber his name which was friendly he didnt give any quests or anything just walk in and out of his cave watching the sea. after the shattering the cave is flooded and he disappeared.

that's what i remmber for now feel free to add more places/npc's or trying to speculate on some of the unfinished/unexplained things
    sunwell was the last raid of bc as Imadraenei say we fight Kil'jaeden sunwell in the sunwell to stope him enter Azrtoh. it is debatable is possible to make a expansion only on the emerald dream. but I think they maybe combined whit as south sea as they both have tie to N'Zoth they can do something whit tirisfal grove then to.
    Last edited by TheReptorGekko; 2012-04-22 at 05:32 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    yeah, we as players won't be seein' anything major about the emerald dream. the main "story" was already wrapped up in one of the books.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think when viewed from the world map perspective, there are several areas which you simply cannot highlight with your cursor much in the same way before Cataclysm with some of the zones. Whether they will be used or not and for what purpose, who really knows but in my opinion Azeroth has become over saturated with hardships in such a small amount of time that I hope the expansion after MoP returns us to the Burning Legion and Argus.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by lavafoxx View Post
    yeah, we as players won't be seein' anything major about the emerald dream. the main "story" was already wrapped up in one of the books.
    Well, the Nightmare was pushed back into the Rift of Aln (http://www.wowpedia.org/Rift_of_Aln), so never say never. It might be gathering strength right now to spread all over the Emerald Dream again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    Well, the Nightmare was pushed back into the Rift of Aln (http://www.wowpedia.org/Rift_of_Aln), so never say never. It might be gathering strength right now to spread all over the Emerald Dream again.
    that very well may be, I wouldn't turn down a chance for a trip to the emerald dream (again)

[/COLOR]@imadraenei well what would blizz achieve from a quest that no one ever did though?
    Just before the shattering went live, there was a huge discussion about this naga, more than 30 pages here at mmo-champion. It was brought up because of a special npc in thousand needles, which only could be found with a shamans Far Sight, a so called easter egg. Another easer egg is the westfall chicken, which is one of the most common companions today.
    Some of the theories which were brought up about this naga were something along the lines of two letters in his cave. "WC". It could be aliases for a cavern in EPL which also was removed with the Shattering. The last theory which I can remember, is about a rare naga spawn in STV. It had a unique drop, and it seemed like the naga faced STV, to look for some of his "friends".

Deleted
    One interesting... Tor'Watha

http://www.wowwiki.com/Tor'Watha

Tor'watha used to have a gate like ZA but they removed it.
    You must become a Master Baiter if you want to want to master the One-eyed Fish of the Dark Caverns!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerel View Post
    Empty...? Nope
    it was once empty(before cata) but that changed, part of it is unnamed lake with crashed plane in water and bones of fisherman on island
    and whats more intresting rest of it is named forest, called Whispering Forest (yep, old gods turn ppl crazy by constantly whispering to them) with recently added werid event that happens from time to time.
    (http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/07/19/wh...pering-forest/)
    thanks thats some pretty nasty shit didnt know about that btw another mob with no known purpose is a furbolg named "agal" in teldrassil he is now a "rare" spawn although before cata he was reguler named mob with no quests related or any special loot

10+ Year Old Account
    thanks thats some pretty nasty shit didnt know about that btw another mob with no known purpose is a furbolg named "agal" in teldrassil he is now a "rare" spawn although before cata he was reguler named mob with no quests related or any special loot
    there's a few named mobs with no reason, including one in hyjal, erm, oh man, one sec while i find his name

---------- Post added 2012-04-22 at 07:13 PM ----------

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=39846/leyden-copperkleist

found him on one of my alts and was like ... never seen you before, who are you !!

(though i guess you could say he's just a bit of flavour, as reading the comments and the sub zone you kill him in correlate)

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=3662
    delmanis the hated. a lone satyr near the tower of althalaxx is here since vanila with no special loot or quests related

The Emerald Dream was finished up in the Stormrage book... We will probably NEVER see it again.

What about that part to the northwest of the plaguelands?

I'm still waiting for the reunion of Vereesa, Alleria, and Sylvanas Windrunner.

---------- Post added 2012-04-22 at 06:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cargath View Post
    I'm still waiting for the reunion of Vereesa, Alleria, and Sylvanas Windrunner.
    Speaking of which, Alleria is still missing. I know Sylvanas does long to be mortal again after doing "The Lady's Necklace" quest in the Ghostlands.