Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Yep, I'm happy even though I didn't have enough time to test all

Quote Originally Posted by akamurdoch View Post
    game looks good, and ill certainly be purchasing (no sub fee helps here ALOT) but i find it amusing when people start saying "its the best mmo ever!" stinks of fanboism seeing as the game hasn't even been released, no one knows what kind of longevity the game will hold.
    QFT. Also the comments about Rift, Aion, TOR being "done" are pretty annoying because last time I checked all those games are still being supported by their respective developers.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's nothing wrong with people stating their opinion that, for them, it's the best MMO ever and they plan to play it for years. Deal with it.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Really happy I pre-purchased - had an absolute blast and am missing it already!

Yep. It has a lot of potential. :]

Can't wait to play without lag.

I enjoyed it alot!

Only peeve I had was the camera, and no chat bubbles. Played a warrior and Engineer mostly, and I love them both. Comments about melee being killed in large groups, yeah it happened to me twice, but I learned how to deal with it. Also i tell myself, its beta, everyone and their mother is here, more people that are in the Event the more mobs...ALSO means more lag. I'm sure once this is out, the lag and huge mob groups will be gone when players are all out in different areas and not crowding the map.

Its all beta folks, things will be clunky, laggy, and untweaked. Have a problem, go to their forums and suggest a fix...Not everything is set in stone atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loved it. I had very limited play time this weekend but enjoyed every minute. It's definitely different as far as combat goes. I was pleasantly surprised by my mesmer though. I can't wait for the next BWE to try out the things I did not get to!

Deleted
    No. It sucked. Ive opened a ticket and hoping they can give me a refund for the money spent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyhacker View Post
    Yeah that varied from person to person, that's part of it not being optimized yet, I know people who have better machines then mine that had terrible issues, while as my computer (better then ones you would by in a store today, but still a bit dated compared to some PC gamers machines since I built it 3 years ago as a higher end mid grade computer since there was no need to spend 4x as much for hardware that software was no where near close to having to use yet) ran it beautifully with almost no issues even with 60-80 people on screen casting AoEs at the same time with very few exceptions of a bit of screen tearing. Then again my machine was also one of the very few that could handle the Witcher 2 on highest settings when it first came out with no issues once I override the default fan controls to have slightly better cooling when playing that game.

All in all for a first *semi public* beta it was a lot more stable then most, so that gives good hope that these issues some people had will be fixed well before launch.
    My PC wasn't even really high end four years ago (HD 5770, Core 2 Duo e8400, 3GB RAM) and that's why I'm more worried about this. Even if they optimise the game, how much is it going to improve for someone like me who, GPU aside, simply meets the system requirements and not much more?

Like I said, if they give me a reasonable 30 fps and the ability to actually move and play fluidly in these group situations, I'm happy. If that means using the lowest settings, I'm okay with that. But that has to happen before I can truly say I enjoy the game, after all, what's the point if I'm unable to experience half of it properly?
    Last edited by mmocd1e1b40705; 2012-04-30 at 06:47 PM.

The game will be worth 37.40€ I paid for it for me. So yes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomzter View Post
    Yes im happy i pre ordered looks like a great game, just a bit annoying that i can't rebind 6-9 to Shift 1-4 :/
    Yea, I really hope they make it possible to have Shift as a modifier.

I couldn't be happier with pre-purchasing I had a great time and It'll only get better from here already looking forward to whenever the next BWE is.

Deleted
    Im still waiting for support to answer me about getting a refund. It has been 3 days now and still no answer

Don't bait other users. -- Blood
    Last edited by Jovanaar; 2012-05-01 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wakarimas View Post
    Im still waiting for support to answer me about getting a refund. It has been 3 days now and still no answer
    We thank you for supporting ANET. It was very kind of you. Now go away.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by wakarimas View Post
    If you weren't sure of your purchase, you probably shouldn't have purchased the game.
    Informed purchases.. if only people still made them.

Paying full price for something when you're not sure if you'll like it seems pretty silly to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    We thank you for supporting ANET. It was very kind of you. Now go away.
    He is shamelessly and desperatly trying to flamebait. Just report, and otherwise completely ignore him.

Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    He is shamelessly and desperatly trying to flamebait. Just report, and otherwise completely ignore him.
    Well I wanted to tell him to fuck off ... refraining from using that phrase was the best my troll control was capable of.
    Last edited by Repefe; 2012-05-01 at 02:31 PM.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Money very well spent I will be playing this like mad. My GF and I just had so much fun and the community was awesome to see as well. So nice to hang with friendly peeps and want to and to see peeps helpin each other.

Quote Originally Posted by wartywarlock View Post
    The only 'engine' gripe was still really a bit of an UI issue, when friends/party members were on a different layer or overflow, you can't see them on the map, and that was pretty frustrating. You should really be able to see them always, even if the zone they are in is not uncovered. It just seems petty.

Petty.. and that ladies is why I cameo ut of beta so happy, the worst thing I could find was nothing more than petty, and theoretically easy to fix!
    That's not petty at all. That is a huge glaring issue that frustrated me to no end. Don't get me wrong, I love the game and am happy with the prepurchase, but I already have a laundry list of issues. To be fair, most on that list actually are petty and/or likely will be fixed by launch. But the overflow issues where you end up not being able to group with friends because you're on the overflow of the overflow of the overflow is beyond terrible.

Melee is amazingly brutal compared to ranged combat as well. It seems like something that will be better at higher levels though when you actually have some skills available to you.

The personality option (charm/dignity/ferocity)... I don't get it, does this actually have any kind of use? Every now and then I have an extra dialogue option when I talk to random NPCs that has absolutely no effect. Is this purely an RP thing? If so that is a lot of wasted potential. Your character is the quintessential "white knight," even when you pick personality options that kinda make him/her an asshole... it's a bit strange.

Rangers and their pets kinda bugged me, and so did the local chat in WvWvW. other than that, it was mostly just bugs.