Thread: My only peeves.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

My only peeves.

And they're minor ones.
    1. Lack of an item preview window, not sure if this will be included by launch.
    2. No first person view, I have to have my character in screenshots, I just want a picture of the view damnit.

That's it, any minor gripes?

Deleted
    Usually you can /sleep and your character will be out of the picture. I saw there was a preview window for the store items, there might be one for other items at launch.

1)I really didn't like that I had to run around w8ing for an event to come up for me to get exp, after I was done with every single heart in Queensdale and almost all events and I was still 15.
    2)Also, I really didn't like mobs giving next to 0 exp.
    3)I'd really like to see a "manual" somewhere that would tell you how to do every single thing. Up until the end of the beta, I wasn't able to find how to join WvWvW.

Those I think.

On the other hand, I cannot desribe how good the game felt. I really hope they release during summer and not drag it in the autumn. I WANT TO BURN IN THE SUMMER!

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah other than the preview window and the first person view I loved it to death.
    The sleeping tip is helpful, but is still just a workaround when I'd prefer streamlining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Need an inspect feature too.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    Need an inspect feature too.
    Yes! I noticed that when I tried to see what some dude's sword was from.

Really want them to rework chat. As in start fresh with it. Also modifier keybinds. Other than that, I am pretty content.

I'd like to add that you couldn't actually see if you were queued for anything, and how long it might take. Unless I was missing something, you couldn't see your queue into the overflow servers. Then on the last day of the beta I tried to enter WvW and it was full so it asked me if I wanted to queue, but I couldn't see anything on my UI that confirmed that I was actually sitting in the queue.

I would like to see an item preview as well. I dont want to purchase a set and not like how it looks.

Don't have many peeves. Just minor usability tweaks and the terrible town clothing system. Sure there are little things I'd love to see added like a clock or IM style chatbox. Though I would not consider those peeves exactly.

My only real complaint was that it was hard to tell where the action was when first entering WvWvW. I spent more time wandering around trying to find other players than anything else. I get that chat can be used to try and find out where people are, but I don't look forward to the inevitable wave of "Where is everyone? Where should I go? Is there anyone at X or Y?" every 30 seconds from people just entering WvWvW for the day. Even if there was just an NPC by the Asura gates that showed you where your allies were so you can have some 'fog of war' feel or to cut down on the amount of data that has to be transfered, it would help immensely.

Other than that and the occasional server instability/lag, I had a fantastic time playing this weekend. I even ended up loving a class I never thought I'd like! (Warrior)

10+ Year Old Account
    So pretty much:

- A simple rework of chat would make a huge difference. Make local only that zone and not the whole area. Make a /say.
    - Let me use modifiers in keybinds and mouse button 3.
    - Let me zoom out more.
    - Let me see what I'm queued for.
    - Add an item preview
    - Add an inspect feature

Do ^ and I'm one content mofo.

Wait what? Local chat is not zone wide??

I was talking to myself the whole time... facepalm.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

Local chat is zone wide he was saying he wanted it to only go to people within 'earshot' instead of the whole zone due to there being no /say.

Whew. I made a lot of amazing jokes about out running a centaur in local chat. Thank goodness they did not go unread.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Omg me too -_- now i really feel like an idiot in the human zone.

Whew. I made a lot of amazing jokes about out running a centaur in local chat. Thank goodness they did not go unread.
    I COULD OUTRUN A *crippled* oh.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    That would be cool if swiftness canceled out crippled and vice versa.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like them to add the ability to turn if you're moving with your world map open. That was one of my biggest peeves and no one mentioned it.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post