Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

10 MAN HC madness

Hello,

We are in madness HC for 2 nights now with, this set up:
    http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=...00000000000000

The setup changes sometimes, so count all 13 in please.

And advice ?
    Our best World of Logs so far:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-6j...?s=5753&e=6361

Thanks in Advance,

Quote Originally Posted by Hemrus View Post
    Hello,

And advice ?

Thanks in Advance,
    Your resto shaman is not using TC, and this is one of those fights where TC will make the shaman twice the healer he is with so much extra mana. You can probably regain 6-8 full mana bars by spamming TC in between healing rains.

Hello,

And advice ?

Thanks in Advance,
    We're using 1 tank & 3 healers, only our tank being different from yours. Ask your warrior to respec into arms, it should be pulling more damage than fury when played properly and does a ton of burst to hemorrhage/p2 bloods. We use our disc priests pain supression on yellow platform for the impale and use our hunter to soak the second impales with feign death (hunter works really well for this at the fourth platform aswell, he can avoid the elementium bolt damage completely while waiting for the impale cast). We tend to pop bloodlust on first platform and again in phase 2. When I were still playing the fight as assassination we just skipped last set of bloods with me slowing them down through FoK & proccing crippling poison with 2/2 deadly brew. That worked best for our first kills and since your rogue is assassination you could try it out. However, you can easily kill them if needed as you seem to have quite massive aoe burst.

I'll try to take a look at your logs later, I'm currently unable to focus on barely anything after a rough night but I hope I were able to help at all!

Good luck and happy hunting!

Deleted
    Hey,

Your resto shaman is not using TC
    I am gonne discuss this with out shaman as soon he is online. Thanks

Ask your warrior to respec into arms
    I will discuss this as soon he is online. Thanks

We use our disc priests pain supression on yellow platform for the impale and use our hunter to soak the second impales with feign death
    We been doing this the second night we where there. Alltho i think a Shadow priest is very nice aswell on 4th platform.

Below an other log from the second night where on this boss.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-h3...?s=4751&e=5151

Thanks in Adavance

Deleted
    Do yourself a favor and use 2 tanks, it will make EVERYTHING much easier. The 20% nerf is live, no need to jump through hoops to increase dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    Do yourself a favor and use 2 tanks, it will make EVERYTHING much easier. The 20% nerf is live, no need to jump through hoops to increase dps.
    I will discuss this with the raid leader, dont think he is up for it, but thanks for the advice

Deleted
    I think with this setup your must have classes are sPriest, Arms Warrior, Restro Shaman, Holy Paladin, Blood DK, plus a second tank. It's much easier, when you play with 2 tanks.

Deleted
    Hey, didnt want to start another thread next to the thousands there already are.

We got problems with the bloods in p2. First, do they always spawn in the same order, like left-middle-right? And, how do you handle them or do you have some extra tips, since we found them to be EXTREMELY fast (we got a hunter, ele, arms, shadow, arcane but he's probably going fire next week again and a combat rogue)?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feio View Post
    Hey, didnt want to start another thread next to the thousands there already are.

We got problems with the bloods in p2. First, do they always spawn in the same order, like left-middle-right? And, how do you handle them or do you have some extra tips, since we found them to be EXTREMELY fast (we got a hunter, ele, arms, shadow, arcane but he's probably going fire next week again and a combat rogue)?
    If i recall correctly, we use a rogue and boomkin to slow them down. Rogue in your case.

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    Can't agree more. We killed it with the 10% or 5% nerf, and we tried for a long time with one tank, as soon as we went with two tanks, we killed it the same night. Go with two tanks and two healers.

---------- Post added 2012-05-02 at 02:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Feio View Post

No, they do not spawn in the same order - it is random. However, they spawn only at three places, top, middle and bottom, and you should be able to see where they spawn before they actually spawn. Hunter with trap is good, fire-mage is good, rogue with crippling poison is good.

Deleted
    I will discuss this with the raid leader, dont think he is up for it, but thanks for the advice
    I just have to say the same, you can easily go 2 tanks, 2(even 3 if you wanted) healers now, no need to make the fight harder then it has to be

We tried with 2 tanks for a good while but had problems on P4 or the final head bloods.

The night we switched to 1 tank with a rogue soaking, we killed it.

There is zero point in having a second tank if you have a class that can soak an impale. You infact hurt yourself by doing so.

Deleted
    Personally I think two tanks is a huge waste of room in a 10man raid :3 I don't see why you would want a second tank at all, for the fun of idleing maybe? Who knows.. Especially when you have a shadow priest in your rooster. They're gods for this fight.
    You even have a blood DK which is also amazing for the fight (stack blood shield for impales, and clear debuffs in p2 with AMS.. Stupidly broken).

As for setup, I'd go resto shaman, holy paladin, disc priest for the healers. And rogue, mage, boomkin, spriest, hunter and warrior for DPS. And please, ignore the rest and take advantage of your stupidly op DK..
    Last edited by mmoc771d918182; 2012-05-02 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavi View Post
    Restro Shaman
    Resto or Restoration it´s called.

And you should never use 2 tanks on madness.

Deleted
    2 Healers + shadow is really easy to heal, 3 healers in 10man is nonsense. I normally do with 1 tank and always 2 healers, but nowadays with 20% nerf, it doesn't matter so 2 tank and 3 healers will be the safer way if either the healers are not good enough or your raid cannot accomplish to let an impale be soaked by one dps (shadow/rogue/mage/hunter)
    Last edited by mmocb78ce50268; 2012-05-02 at 10:14 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodpad View Post
    We tried with 2 tanks for a good while but had problems on P4 or the final head bloods.

The night we switched to 1 tank with a rogue soaking, we killed it.

There is zero point in having a second tank if you have a class that can soak an impale. You infact hurt yourself by doing so.
    There is zero point in having one tank if your raid can push out enough dps.
    You can kill it both ways, but the error margin is alot higher with 2 tanks.
    Even 2 tanking i would suggest having rogue/priest/hunter soak the 2nd impale on 4th platform, use 4sets for bolt damage, while rogue for example covers both impale and bolt damage.

Edit, i've been killing madness for months with 2 tanks, and we have rogue, priest AND hunter in our rooster lol...(and dk, druid, pala and warrior tank for that matter aswel..sooo... :P

15+ Year Old Account
    We use 2 tanks in our Alt 10man PuG run. The one beeing me as a warrior and the other beeing a druid with a DPS oriented bear specc. Works wonders with the extra CDs.

As for the bloods in p2, have your hunter place icetrap(the slowing one) as soon as he sees the bloods spawning, together with the rogue and the fire mage the blood should be moving slow enough to aoe them down. We are usally pushing the first bloodwave when we have the first set of big adds up, and dragging them to the bloods for the extra spellweave proccs.

Deleted
    Dont forget piercing howl from the fury warrior (why he's fury on madness beats me, but atleast he can slow without having to change talent points:P

We're progressing on Madness HM 10man as well, and with 2 tanks 3 healers we're finding some issues... how much harder/easier will it be to go from 2+3 to 1+2? or even 2+2...? also, we're gonna have to bring like 3 melee...I heard melee are quite bad for this fight, but I dunno, I personally liked bringing melee to normal mode so.. Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klive View Post
    We're progressing on Madness HM 10man as well, and with 2 tanks 3 healers we're finding some issues... how much harder/easier will it be to go from 2+3 to 1+2? or even 2+2...? also, we're gonna have to bring like 3 melee...I heard melee are quite bad for this fight, but I dunno, I personally liked bringing melee to normal mode so.. Thanks!
    We 2 tank, 2 heal it, but with nerfs im sure you could do it with 2+3
    Just cheese the first platform to get headstart til 4th