Marksman vs Survival - Which is the better one for PvE?

Currently rolling as MM simply because I prefer the specc but everyone is telling me I should roll Surv for PvE since its supposed to be better, is this true or not?

If Surv is better, then how much better?

Survival beats MM by quite a bit(especially on AoE fights like yorsajh) but i think its only better if you have the 2pc tier 13.

Both are close and are perfectly viable, however with the set bonuses, SV pulls ahead slightly. If you know MM and play it better you will likely see better results staying MM even though SV does more theoretically.

I only do alt raids on my hunter anyways so I'll prbly just stay MM then.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    since it is alt runs, im just going to assume its a 10n raid, the difference between mm and sv is quite large in sv's favor.

http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_D...14/60/default/

if you havent tried sv with the double focus set bonus, give it a shot. i find it to really make the spec a true blast to play and no more clunky aimed shot BS. it should be how it was intended to play from day one now that you can include arcane shots in your normal rotation instead of the bore-fest that was 4.1 and 4.2 sv huntering.
    Intel i5-2500k@4.4ghz
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Gigabyte N560OC 1gb gpu
    Corsair 2x4gb
    Antec v2 Two Hundred
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
    Razer Naga

been hearing this myself alot lately, tried it out and it seems to be correct that surv is better then MM in both dps and being able to survive runaway mobs(tanks having aggro probs)

MM is as close as it gets to be the worst PVE spec of the game no matter raid size and difficulty.

Thats sad because MM is so much fun to play. I agree they made SV much more interesting with the lock and load changes and the 2-set bonus but its still a very simple spec thats pretty easy to consistently play well whereas MM requires lots of management thus making it more challeging and fun.

Deleted
    Play which one you think is the funnier one to play. But competetive SV wins.

Deleted
    I really wouldn't worry about it unless you care about your position on the meter, as you said this character is used for alt raids so I assume it's not of paramount importance. Blizzard has drastically redesigned hunters over the years and each spec if played as intended and within its best scenario SHOULD pull somewhat decent DPS.

I played SV for AGES even though theoretically MM was the highest single target DPS and I can tell you that I absolutely demolished many MM hunters who were better or similarly geared. Knowing how to play your hunter to max DPS will do much more for you then your choice of spec will, unless of course it's totally broken. Unless you're worried about a few extra % then stick to your preferred spec.