Deleted
    It's ridiculous teso doesnt have a forum yet. There can't be any meaningful class discussion in here which is kinda vital for new players or someone that's simply confused about the classes.
    I mean it took me a month to decide a class and build. It's good for people to get close to the theorycrafting of this game which very important and extremely fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey all,

I have a lore"ish"/ RP"ish" question about the main "Prophet" quest line at level 30. Because it involves spoilers, I will hide the question behind a spoiler tag, so if you have not gotten beyond the quest at this point you should not read this.

Ok, I am at the level 30 quest in the "Prophet" chain, where you go to the Halls of Torment to rescue (presumably) the next person for your group. I have a choice of who to bring; Lyris the warrior or the other mage guy. I want to bring Lyris (for RP purposes). However, I noticed that in the 2nd boss fight of that level, (when the health globes comes out), Lyris stops fighting. This would not be an issue except she runs next to me, and since I cannot dodge/move through her she just becomes another obstacle to avoid in the fight. (I should also point out that I am having major issues with the fight.)

Now RP wise I want to bring Lyris, but I am thinking that the mage guy might be a better choice because he;

A. May continue to fight where Lyris does not.
    B. If he does stop fighting, he may not get in my way.

So the question I have is, if I don't choose Lyris does it change the story in a major way later on? Can I just pretend to choose Lyris in my head and it won't matter for the next part of the chain?

I don't want to come back in a few levels and have Lyris make a remark that she should have been there with me. Because she is my first choice, RP wise.

As for strategy, The main problem I am having with the fight is the health globes. Basically, I am having issues targeting them. I am thinking I may come back in a few levels and try it again, in the mean time I can develop my rather meager aoe abilities to deal with the globes.

Thanks in advance.

What aoe spells do sorcerers have at their disposal? Currently I have mages fury morphed into aoe explosion but that only applies when the mob dies. I also have crystal blast morphed into aoe but the aoe damage damage is insignificant. Do we have any aoe spells?

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I am personally annoyed at the rate of XP I'm getting.

I could be wrong and could be considered spoiled but both GW2 and Rift leveling feel so much faster to me.

I get the vet 1-10 levels being slow. But this to me feels super slow almost to the point its a dam craw.
    If you want to be max level in a week or even months playing casually this isn't that game. The more casual player will take 3 months at least to hit VR10. I probably will take longer. If you don't like the questing and leveling content, and don't like it now you probably won't like it later on.

You get a lot of xp for exploration even silly things like opening chests, so you shouldn't just be questing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenRavens View Post
    Thanks in advance.
    That fight was impossible for me as melee, so I switched to range and it got easier but was still hard. You need a CC or throw back ability and you can constantly use that ability because there are no diminishing returns. I kept using the destro staffs knockback and kept kiting it was the only way to do it for me. Some of those fights are incredibly hard as melee.

In terms of who to pick, I made the same choice as you and had the same problem as you. Not sure if it effects anything later on, I don't think it should.

- - - Updated - - -

If you like Harry Partridge's work from Skyrim, he did one for ESO.

Last edited by Sharuko; 2014-04-11 at 06:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    If you want to be max level in a week or even months playing casually this isn't that game. The more casual player will take 3 months at least to hit VR10. I probably will take longer. If you don't like the questing and leveling content, and don't like it now you probably won't like it later on.

You get a lot of xp for exploration even silly things like opening chests, so you shouldn't just be questing.

- - - Updated - - -

That fight was impossible for me as melee, so I switched to range and it got easier but was still hard. You need a CC or throw back ability and you can constantly use that ability because there are no diminishing returns. I kept using the destro staffs knockback and kept kiting it was the only way to do it for me. Some of those fights are incredibly hard as melee.

In terms of who to pick, I made the same choice as you and had the same problem as you. Not sure if it effects anything later on, I don't think it should.
    Yeah. I am nightblade (Bow/2 hand weapons) and I gave up trying to do close combat as well. It's just those globes, I am having a hard time targeting them. I am going to level up a few levels and just try to overpower it. (Hopefully)

Thank you for your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenRavens View Post
    Yeah. I am nightblade (Bow/2 hand weapons) and I gave up trying to do close combat as well. It's just those globes, I am having a hard time targeting them. I am going to level up a few levels and just try to overpower it. (Hopefully)

Thank you for your reply.
    Yeah I found it fine with the destro staff, I believe one hit should take it down. Does the bow have a CC or knockback ability? If it does use that and save magika to spam that if necessary. What I did was use destro staff auto attacks so I don't use magika and kept using the knockback when the mob came close to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    Yeah I found it fine with the destro staff, I believe one hit should take it down. Does the bow have a CC or knockback ability? If it does use that and save magika to spam that if necessary. What I did was use destro staff auto attacks so I don't use magika and kept using the knockback when the mob came close to me.
    I do have a knock back (which also has a snare), I also have that silver bolts (stun) ability you get from the fighters guild, but that seems to be of limited use against the boss, it seems. I also have an ultimate ability that does a brief stun and damage hit.

I have a lot of initial burst, plus some dots, but there is so much debris in that room I keep getting myself trapped when I try to move to target the globes. Right now it is all coming down to getting those health globes. I think I need to add a aoe ability, (I don't have a good one) that I can place so the globes just move through it and die.

Basically my set up last night on the bow was.

1) A siphon heal ability that does a dot, and I receive healing based on the damage done.

2) Poison arrow that does a dot.

3) Path of Darkness- that does a aoe / heal area on the ground, but seems weak.

4) Silver bolts - Damage / stun vs. deadra.

5) Scatter shot - Knockback / stun / snare

Ultimate) Soul shred - AOE damage / stun. Morphed to do more damage vs. a single target.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is a sorcerer in full plate viable guys?

I would love a heavy armored sorcerer in PvP battles... But I fear I might lose to much magicka regen?

Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post

I would love a heavy armored sorcerer in PvP battles... But I fear I might lose to much magicka regen?
    PvE? If you are a tank. PvP yes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post

at higher level it might be viable, on my nightblade at level 26 ive managed to hit the softcap of energy regen already, so i'd imagine you could on a sorc too

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I'm going to turn my Nord into a barbarian. I did some bare-chested PvP today. Was quite hilarious. Always fun running around without any chest armor and killing stuff.

Anyhow, is a mix of heavy/medium armor viable for a DK? Is it any good? I've got some points in heavy armour, and would also like some medium armour bonuses. The extra crit, sneak, and stamina you get from the medium armour tree is pretty damn good. I'm starting to get a feeling that heavy armour in this game is only meant for tanks. There are barely any good offensive bonuses in the heavy armour tree. It's quite pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post
    I think I'm going to turn my Nord into a barbarian. I did some bare-chested PvP today. Was quite hilarious. Always fun running around without any chest armor and killing stuff.

Anyhow, is a mix of heavy/medium armor viable for a DK? Is it any good? I've got some points in heavy armour, and would also like some medium armour bonuses. The extra crit, sneak, and stamina you get from the medium armour tree is pretty damn good. I'm starting to get a feeling that heavy armour in this game is only meant for tanks. There are barely any good offensive bonuses in the heavy armour tree. It's quite pointless.
    Yeah, I think we should probably be looking at 5 medium and a couple of heavy pieces rather than the other way around tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Anyone know if the argonian disease resistance will make it harder to get vampire or werewolf disease? Are those even considered diseases? Talking about diseases... are there even any, if those two are not? :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Anyone know if the argonian disease resistance will make it harder to get vampire or werewolf disease? Are those even considered diseases? Talking about diseases... are there even any, if those two are not? :/
    There are weapon enchants that do disease damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    They need to give this game its own forum.
    They need to start infracting people that post in the eso sub forum request just to piss eso fans off. It's flame baiting.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know those bosses people farm in dungeons? You know what makes them even better? BOTS!!! Ran into this a little earlier.....

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's up to the admins to decide what gets a subforum. And given that many of the subforums for other MMO's that got them early on are mostly inactive months after release.

Also, I highly doubt Blizz "bought" anything, and they sure as heck didn't buy the site. It's still owned by Curse.

WoW fansite. Blizzard games, especially those related to WoW (which HotS is), are treated differently. SC2 still doesn't have its own subforum though.
    Every game will eventually die down, hell look at wow. Does this site pull in the same numbers as it did back in wrath? If the eso subforum dies then delete it. You should delete the others ones too that nobody looks at. But when a game is released it would be nice to have a place with different topics that we could discuss it. Not months later after the game has died down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    You know those bosses people farm in dungeons? You know what makes them even better? BOTS!!! Ran into this a little earlier.....
    Why are those bots? I do the exact same thing. Just stand there and wait, when it pops up I kill it and loot and go back to waiting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciples View Post
    Every game will eventually die down, hell look at wow. Does this site pull in the same numbers as it did back in wrath? If the eso subforum dies then delete it. You should delete the others ones too that nobody looks at. But when a game is released it would be nice to have a place with different topics that we could discuss it. Not months later after the game has died down.

- - - Updated - - -

Why are those bots? I do the exact same thing. Just stand there and wait, when it pops up I kill it and loot and go back to waiting.
    and name all your toons hjahkjs while still wearing the coldharbour gear. Can't help but think that you either bot or are naive as fuck.

Deleted

I'm sorry, but theres simply no exuse for Zenimax to already be failing this badly on exploiting dungeons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Disciples View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Must be a joy.

and name all your toons hjahkjs while still wearing the coldharbour gear. Can't help but think that you either bot or are naive as fuck.
    Ah didn't see that. For some reason the video is super dark for me, rest of my screen is bright.