10+ Year Old Account
    I think its a bad idea to do all the other faction quests and zones.

I have only one character atm in the EP, and did some of the DC zones, I was planning to create an alt, but since you already do the other alliance's zones, I'm not looking forward to do it all over again.

Of course, you don't HAVE to do them - the only alternative then is grinding dungeons.

- - - Updated - - -

Imo the entire VR debacle is bad designing and complete bollocks overall. It would be better if they left the entire thing out of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    I have found that it is better (in my head, at least) to view VR XP as zone completion % rather than an experience bar. It's paced very deliberately to make it so you need to finish all the questing content in the entire game to level. Whether or not that is a good decision is another matter.

(Personally I would just like to see some alternative ways of getting XP besides the RvR and dungeon grinding.)
    Except I've finished the first 4 zones and am almost done with the fifth and have just over 50% of my VR5 level. That is with PVP and numerous dungeon runs. (including a pug group that managed to be non-terribad enough to do FG).

Speaking of FG, anyone have a good strat for getting the achieve on the last boss? (not using the husk shield) Do you bring 2 heals or what?
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post

I have only one character atm in the EP, and did some of the DC zones, I was planning to create an alt, but since you already do the other alliance's zones, I'm not looking forward to do it all over again.

Of course, you don't HAVE to do them - the only alternative then is grinding dungeons.

- - - Updated - - -

Imo the entire VR debacle is bad designing and complete bollocks overall. It would be better if they left the entire thing out of the game.
    I'm pretty sure they know it's terrible design, but needed something long to buy time for them to get out anything resembling actual endgame content. Problem is that people are either gonna hit VR10 or burn out and leave before it's done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Except I've finished the first 4 zones and am almost done with the fifth and have just over 50% of my VR5 level. That is with PVP and numerous dungeon runs. (including a pug group that managed to be non-terribad enough to do FG).

Speaking of FG, anyone have a good strat for getting the achieve on the last boss? (not using the husk shield) Do you bring 2 heals or what?
    2 healers is possible but you would need a crazy dps.

Also what the hell did he do to get banned? Are mods now randomly banning people on this site now?

2 healers is possible but you would need a crazy dps.

Also what the hell did he do to get banned? Are mods now randomly banning people on this site now?
    Look through his post history. He had a little argument in another forum.

Anyway, I don't get why people are so into DC quests and story. So far I don't think they are much better than the ones of the other zones and I'm halfway through the second actual zone.

Btw, how the hell is someone supposed to level enchanting? Did I miss something or is it really that painfull?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Look through his post history. He had a little argument in another forum.

Anyway, I don't get why people are so into DC quests and story. So far I don't think they are much better than the ones of the other zones and I'm halfway through the second actual zone.

Btw, how the hell is someone supposed to level enchanting? Did I miss something or is it really that painfull?
    The DC story as an EP dude is pretty meh. Nothing special. But the DC zones look way more beautiful than the EP ones. As for enchanting... it sucks balls.

The DC story as an EP dude is pretty meh. Nothing special. But the DC zones look way more beautiful than the EP ones. As for enchanting... it sucks balls.
    Had places I didn't like in all so far, though the blackmarsh detour of EP is certainly an extreme compared to 1/3 of glenumbra.

With enchanting I simply don't get how you are supposed to level it. I already made a lot of glyphes and I keep deconstructing all kinds of glyphes I find, but unlike all other professions you get bugger all from deconstructing them and you find nowhere near as much as you do woodworking/clothing/smithing stuff. Do i have to find and make rare glyphes and deconstruct those? I haven't even reached lvl16 for that terrible profession yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I enjoyed the fact that they allowed me to see other faction's stories as well with my character.

Only that... wasn't really fan of amount of experience during Veteran... always about half level behind the zone.

- - - Updated - - -

Once you reach level 29 in Enchanting, it will drop from ~240k to ~70k experience needed for skilling-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    - - - Updated - - -
    Once you reach level 29 in Enchanting, it will drop from ~240k to ~70k experience needed for skilling-up.
    What kind of shit were they smoking? <<

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Well, I enjoyed the fact that they allowed me to see other faction's stories as well with my character.

Only that... wasn't really fan of amount of experience during Veteran... always about half level behind the zone.

- - - Updated - - -

I....

Wha?

I agree with Haidaes. What are they smoking over there that suddenly reducing the experience needed to skill-up in the middle of that progression makes any sort of sense?

10+ Year Old Account
    What kind of shit were they smoking? <<
    I believe that Sheogorath, Daedric Prince of Madness has his fingers on it.

"Now get out of here before I change my mind....or my mind changes me."

10+ Year Old Account
    I blame Stanley, the talking grapefruit from Paswall.

10+ Year Old Account
    3 quick questions;

1) It's monday, no patch today right?

2) I heard about a upcoming change to profession hirelings? Any news on this? (I missed it.)

3) Craglorn - Not this week?

Deleted
    To the people struggling in VR content to stay alive , are you guys using the world crafting gear? some of them don't require many traits researched and they do boost your survivability , currently lvling agian in VR and using Song of lamae and whitestrake sets combined. still havnt decided if i want to get the warlock 3 set of rings+neck. The sets really do help alot , and as someone previously mention provisioning is also key atm with food buff im armour/spell resist magika , health soft capped.

Deleted
    Qick question for those who subscribed. Did you have to pay 15 bucks plus taxes e.g. 16.45 or something ? And if so, did you subscribe another MMO, say WoW and only paid 15 bucks? Im just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Maintenance will take slightly longer than usual on Monday:
    WTF, why did they change maintenance back to Mondays? What happened to all the feedback that caused them to move it to Tuesdays in the first place? Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Marthenil View Post
    Man, seriously, the hate this game gets is out of proportions, and most posts about it don't even contain facts.
    And of course the winner is Wildstar, the Messiah.
    Agreed. I've just come to accept the fact that MMO players have vastly different mindsets. Personally, I thought Wildstar was easily one of the most unpleasant MMO experiences I've ever had. No point in going into detail since this isn't the thread for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marthenil View Post
    Well, it might just mean that MMOs are not a thing for me anymore, or at least the way the "Community" imagines them/wants them to be like.
    Ditto this as well.

Rivenspire is the jewel in the DC questing crown as far as I'm concerned. Stormhaven (the zone I think you're in) has been my least favorite so far. Alik'r wasn't bad, but was definitely a downgrade from Rivenspire. Probably if Alik'r had come beforehand I'd have a lot more appreciation for it. Bangkorai has been pretty good so far.

I tend to be more character oriented though and DC has very good characters (IMO). Huge bonus that I keep running into them during my travels. I latched onto most of them fairly early, whereas for EP I didn't 'connect' to anybody from the starter island or halfway through the next zone and for AD there was only Raz though I only got about halfway through Auridon.

Enchanting is the devil. The only way I know to level it is to have a high level enchanter craft green+ runes for you to deconstruct. Breaking down white runes not only gives pittance, but is a huge hit to income considering I can sell them for 250-350g/each.

Someone told me potency 5s give more IP than 6s or 7s too, so the whole thing is bonkers.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

10+ Year Old Account
    According to Reddit a patch is hitting today.

http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrolls...for_na_client/

Looks like there is no patch note info to report yet.
    Last edited by BrokenRavens; 2014-05-12 at 03:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chisa View Post
    Qick question for those who subscribed. Did you have to pay 15 bucks plus taxes e.g. 16.45 or something ? And if so, did you subscribe another MMO, say WoW and only paid 15 bucks? Im just curious.
    No. You just pay 15 bucks, no taxes or anything. That would bit ridiculous, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mac Client
    General
    Fixed an issue for a graphics-related memory leak.
    Fixed an issue for an animation-related memory leak.

Huh - zah. Hopefully, they got the issue this time.

No. You just pay 15 bucks, no taxes or anything. That would bit ridiculous, lol.
    Here is something that may blow some minds. My workday commute, each day, costs me about $25. I would pay $25 per month for a video game I enjoyed, easy.