Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    its already started, but I think it's pretty much just game review companies in at the moment
    Naaa, that wouldnt make sense, since they can't write about it ... ( don't forget to check your spam folder.)

Considering we've had 2 leaks (to the best of my knowledge), I'm pretty sure there are regular joes in the beta right now.

There will probably be 2 tests for May. I'm going to guess the 1st and 3rd weekends of the month.

Deleted
    I've read an article and I'm kinda disappointed now with teso. Dunno how many of you heard about the 50++ zones, where you can go and explore new stuff. Interesting and all, until i've read that you won't be able to see other factions 50++ and you wont meet any opposite factions in yours. Imo that ruins the whole idea of an online game ... anyways, here's the article for those interested : http://www.tesoelite.com/2013/04/50-...ce-everything/

What you guys think ? Is this going in the good or bad direction ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry if this questions has been answered, but does anyone know how many character slots we'll get?

---------- Post added 2013-04-28 at 05:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SafariS View Post
    I've read an article and I'm kinda disappointed now with teso. Dunno how many of you heard about the 50++ zones, where you can go and explore new stuff. Interesting and all, until i've read that you won't be able to see other factions 50++ and you wont meet any opposite factions in yours. Imo that ruins the whole idea of an online game ... anyways, here's the article for those interested : http://www.tesoelite.com/2013/04/50-...ce-everything/

You can go to Cyrodill to kick the crap out of the opposing factions

I think its 100% the right direction.

It wouldn't make much sense if you were questing with the enemy faction. the + and ++ content sounds like its going to be epic solo / with a few friends content that will be in line with the TES franchise.

We have to keep in mind that the goal is NOT TO MAKE ANOTHER WOW. IT IS TO MAKE A TES FRANCHISE BASED MMO.

I mean, you will have raiding (adventure zones) and a world pvp zone and massive faction based PvP and all the other things that people do at max level in an MMO.
    Most the questing people do in MMOs is either solo or with a friend anyways.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

In reality, it doesn't matter, you're as likely to get a handjob by the opposite faction in wow as you are to fight them. People don't want to PVP 1v1 or 2v2, they want to gank people who have a 0% chance of retaliating, or they want to gangrape a small city with nobody in it. That's not part of the game that matters at all. It doesn't change anything. It never will, today's gamers hop around between toons, servers and guilds and it's ok, so they don't have any pride in their faction, their server, their toon, etc.

It won't matter. The point of an MMO is to play with others, what you just described is that you will be playing with others....in your faction.

This is one of those things the average player will whine about, even though they DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN WORLD PVP MORE THAN 1% OF THE TIME ANYWAY, because they want something to whine about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Sorry if this questions has been answered, but does anyone know how many character slots we'll get?[COLOR="red"]
    Unknown. There's still a metric fuck ton of stuff we don't know about the game. I wouldn't expect to see info like that for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    I think its 100% the right direction.

It wouldn't make much sense if you were questing with the enemy faction. the + and ++ content sounds like its going to be epic solo / with a few friends content that will be in line with the TES franchise.
    Why does seeing the enemy factions instantly mean you're QUESTING with them? Who ever said you would be questing with them? You should be fighting against them, which makes more sense than not seeing anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Why does seeing the enemy factions instantly mean you're QUESTING with them? Who ever said you would be questing with them? You should be fighting against them, which makes more sense than not seeing anything at all.
    Surely having the PvP focus set in the center of the world, you'd not want to have people PvPing in the other areas? That's the best reason I can think of, as they can make a really tight and immersive PvE experience in the leveling zones, which then allows them to not have to worry about terrain exploits, NPC interactions or anything else that would require re-doing for PvP.

If they've only got one "map" that needs to be balanced for PvP, surely that's easier and more productive for the developers, rather than having an entire game world to have to adhere to PvP rules.

Quote Originally Posted by zaxlor View Post
    Surely having the PvP focus set in the center of the world, you'd not want to have people PvPing in the other areas? That's the best reason I can think of, as they can make a really tight and immersive PvE experience in the leveling zones, which then allows them to not have to worry about terrain exploits, NPC interactions or anything else that would require re-doing for PvP.

If they've only got one "map" that needs to be balanced for PvP, surely that's easier and more productive for the developers, rather than having an entire game world to have to adhere to PvP rules.
    Having world PvP in WoW never stopped people from going to BGs, Wintergrasp, Tol Barad and arena. That's a really lame reason not to do it. People will go to Cyrodiil and PvP their asses off when they want to, and most will, but every now and then when you're questing it'd be nice to get into a little rustle.

And why would things need massive re-doing when they enable PvP? It wouldn't be serious PvP, it wouldn't have to be balanced. It is not a contained setting -- all of it will be up in the air when you do world PvP. If people want serious PvP, then they go to Cyrodiil. And this isn't about having the ability to gank, as so many of you will be quick to point out. This is just having the feeling that your entire journey could change at any moment, which makes the game feel more dynamic. If you want immersion then you should be seeing enemies instead of being blind to them entirely.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2013-04-29 at 12:49 AM.

If people want serious PvP, then they go to Cyrodiil.
    Surely that's the point, to keep PvP in Cyrodill and ONLY Cyrodill. It's a localised place to make sure if you want to PvP, you go there and you WILL find PvP. Look at the reasons that Guild Wars 2 gave for having the mists and it's big RvR area. People out doing questing content, probably arn't going to be looking for a fight, which is exactly what the normal story, + and ++ areas will be for.

If you want to PvP, head to the PvP area. The surrounding, map, or abience shouldn't matter, since it's players you want to kill, not the scenery. Would it be fun to sneak into an Orcish base, a Nord camp or a Kajiit den? Yes it would, before killing them all and making a run for it. Do the developers want this to happen? It'd seem not. Do the players that want to experience the story, want others to be able to kill them at any time? That's hard to say, but for myself, i'd say no. If i'm questing that's what I want to do. If i want to PvP, i'll go find out where it's being taken place.

Because we want level 50 (+) and (++) geared players questing in lvl 1 zones of other factions with pvp turned on?
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by zaxlor View Post
    Surely that's the point, to keep PvP in Cyrodill and ONLY Cyrodill. It's a localised place to make sure if you want to PvP, you go there and you WILL find PvP. Look at the reasons that Guild Wars 2 gave for having the mists and it's big RvR area. People out doing questing content, probably arn't going to be looking for a fight, which is exactly what the normal story, + and ++ areas will be for.

If you want to PvP, head to the PvP area. The surrounding, map, or abience shouldn't matter, since it's players you want to kill, not the scenery. Would it be fun to sneak into an Orcish base, a Nord camp or a Kajiit den? Yes it would, before killing them all and making a run for it. Do the developers want this to happen? It'd seem not. Do the players that want to experience the story, want others to be able to kill them at any time? That's hard to say, but for myself, i'd say no. If i'm questing that's what I want to do. If i want to PvP, i'll go find out where it's being taken place.
    Which is completely solved by the fact that they're using a system where players will be grouped with like-minded players.

Which is completely solved by the fact that they're using a system where players will be grouped with like-minded players.
    That's true, but then they're going to have to code different rulesets for different "shard" types and it still comes back down to the problems that the game is trying to fix. I'd say most people that play MMOs enjoy the questing for the questing and those that want PvP, head towards areas that you can find PvP games quickly. I'd figure the vast majority of PvP players don't head out into the world in order to find PvP, simply because it takes ages to find any.

Having all your PvP taking place in one big zone, makes sure that those that want to PvP, find it. Even if you're letting players log into the game under the "I want world pvp" shard, why not just funnel them towards this huge PvP zone? Why bother phasing the entire world when the player base wanting fully open world PvP is probably pretty small in the first place.

Considering how well the developers have listened to the playerbase, you never know though. I'd still be fine with the game if it didn't even have the + and ++ leveling zones in the other races questing areas, as if I was playing an Orc let's say, to me it'd feel weird questing out in the Kajiit jungles or the Nord mountains. It all depends on how they want to tell their story though.

If they do decide to have a fully open world PvP "shard" though, I doubt very much it'll be full and it'll have global chat full of "Meet me at x for some world PvP" spammed, which is exactly the point of having Cyrodill as the PvP epicenter. It does away with the need to organise players to find a place to PvP by funneling them towards it. I've got nothing against them adding that into the game as an option, but it's one i'd never ever bother to choose to play as. So long as the open world PvP players realise that they're probably going to have a small comunity and that they won't be getting developer time to improove that (since they've already been given one massive zone all to themselves), then that'd be great. But we both know that's unlikely to happen, since there's always a massively vocal minority surrounding things like that.

Your entire argument is based on the assumption that the group who wants world PvP to be activated is a massively vocal minority, an assumption that is based on nothing but... what? We have no numbers or data or records of any kind that shows who wants what, and since we don't really know, the closest info we can use is just to look at WoW (again I'm using WoW as a point of reference because everyone here should know it) PvP and PvE servers. The only difference between those two servers are whether or not world pvp is activated, right? And guess what? PvP servers are just as popular as PvE servers, if not more so.

You may make the argument that "world PvP doesn't occur so often in WoW nowadays, and the draw to PvP servers is the draw to find likeminded PvPers for BGs/arenas", but even back in Vanilla when world PvP was something that occurred very often, and there were no bgs (not at launch, iirc) or arenas, PvP servers were quite popular. You may also make the argument that players go to PvP servers to be with their friends, but again -- someone filled and populated those PvP servers to begin with for a reason.

I think players need to stop thinking in terms of "this is PvP stuff, this is PvE stuff," and realize that this is all just the game. This is all everyone's content. I have no idea where this abhorrence for PvP comes from. Cyrodiil is not a PvPers zone, Cyrodiil is everyone's zone where you can PvP.

Again, just to reiterate -- nobody should be out looking for world pvp, in the same way you don't go out looking for a girlfriend unless you're a desperate socially awkward man who thinks women are fish you stab in the river. It just happens, it comes to you, and the possibility of that happening at any time makes the whole world more dynamic. Instead of just having a scripted "going from quest 1, to quest 2, to quest 3, oh look a giant, quest 4," you have an opportunity to create an environment that developers cannot simulate -- an environment where other players can mess with you and be messed with. The point of world PvP is not to find it or force it, just to let it happen.

The funniest argument you anti-world PvP guys is that it breaks immersion. Because TES is all about never seeing your enemy and ruffling through their lands without any opposition, right. Because in a world where everyone wants to kill each other, nobody wants to kill you, surprisingly, only mobs. Right. So immersive.

Why are we playing an MMORPG when we're too reluctant to see the MMO part?
    Last edited by vizzle; 2013-04-29 at 05:32 AM.

SNIP
    I don't mind if they do put open world PvP in, so long as it's opt in. If someone wants to be a level 1 and quest, with the fear of a max level, or + or ++ player coming and killing them, that's their decision, as well as the opposite. I just don't see there being a big enough scene for that kind of thing, considering there always seems to be more "Gah I was ganked!!!" posts than there is "I want people to fight in the open world!" posts.

If someone wants to be jumped by other players, then let them. But it seems a little silly to spread out the herd that wants this kind of thing to the entire game world, rather than just the center. Maybe that's the same though the development team had? If you funnel players towards the endgame zone, where PvP is, it's easier to keep up the numbers than having it all spread out.

I'm not apposed to open world PvP, when it's done well it can be fun. I much prefer non-level based open world PvP though, but that's me 'cos i'm a PvE pussy that hates getting ganked :P I just feel it's shooting yourself in the foot to want an entire world to PvP in, rather than a focused area. Maybe i'm wrong though, since Guild Wars 2 did this and the general feel is that they scewed up how their RvR works.

I've got no idea why people like being interupted while questing, gathering or just hanging out in MMOs. I find it really annoying when my play time is suddenly dictated by another player. It's why i'll play games like Dark or Demon souls in offline mode, because I really don't want to be invaded and have my time "wasted" by someone else, i'm wasting it enough by myself already :P

I think it's a safe bet in practicing action combat before entering this game, Playing Tera for this week, boring grindfest but awesome combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not opposed to open world PvP. As long as it's an option. Honestly, when I'm leveling up a character in most MMOs, I ignore PvP altogether. But, I do enjoy doing a little when I'm at max level. I also don't mind if there's an area that automatically flags you for PvP in a certain zone. If I wander in and I get the warning that I'll be flagged, then that's my choice/fault. But, I don't like forced PvP everywhere in all zones.

Making PvP an opt-in choice in the entire game world is a win for both PvP'ers and PvE'ers. If you say "PvP only in X zone" or "Unrestricted PvP everywhere" limits groups of players.

Your entire argument is based on the assumption that the group who wants world PvP to be activated is a massively vocal minority, an assumption that is based on nothing but... what? We have no numbers or data or records of any kind that shows who wants what, and since we don't really know, the closest info we can use is just to look at WoW (again I'm using WoW as a point of reference because everyone here should know it) PvP and PvE servers. The only difference between those two servers are whether or not world pvp is activated, right? And guess what? PvP servers are just as popular as PvE servers, if not more so.

You may make the argument that "world PvP doesn't occur so often in WoW nowadays, and the draw to PvP servers is the draw to find likeminded PvPers for BGs/arenas", but even back in Vanilla when world PvP was something that occurred very often, and there were no bgs (not at launch, iirc) or arenas, PvP servers were quite popular. You may also make the argument that players go to PvP servers to be with their friends, but again -- someone filled and populated those PvP servers to begin with for a reason.

I think players need to stop thinking in terms of "this is PvP stuff, this is PvE stuff," and realize that this is all just the game. This is all everyone's content. I have no idea where this abhorrence for PvP comes from. Cyrodiil is not a PvPers zone, Cyrodiil is everyone's zone where you can PvP.

Again, just to reiterate -- nobody should be out looking for world pvp, in the same way you don't go out looking for a girlfriend unless you're a desperate socially awkward man who thinks women are fish you stab in the river. It just happens, it comes to you, and the possibility of that happening at any time makes the whole world more dynamic. Instead of just having a scripted "going from quest 1, to quest 2, to quest 3, oh look a giant, quest 4," you have an opportunity to create an environment that developers cannot simulate -- an environment where other players can mess with you and be messed with. The point of world PvP is not to find it or force it, just to let it happen.

The funniest argument you anti-world PvP guys is that it breaks immersion. Because TES is all about never seeing your enemy and ruffling through their lands without any opposition, right. Because in a world where everyone wants to kill each other, nobody wants to kill you, surprisingly, only mobs. Right. So immersive.

Why are we playing an MMORPG when we're too reluctant to see the MMO part?
    Because MMO means Massively Multiplayer Online, not Restrictive Themepark Grind.
    A proper MMORPG would be like Pre-CU Starwars Galaxies. It would be a Sandbox, not a Themepark.

The Elder Scrolls were always a type of Sandbox games. Imagine if Elder Scrolls Online was like Skyrim or Oblivion, but without the player being a hero and with thousands of players. See, that would be amazing.

The Faction lock is the worst thing ever.
    Last edited by Gurluas; 2013-04-29 at 03:30 PM.