It could be possible that TESO will land on consoles one day. But It will probably be awhile. Most of us don't know yet if a controller is viable in TESO.

There are no plans for controller support but they did say you can use third party software for controllers.

10+ Year Old Account
    The animations in that video kinda look like Sims animations.

What? I'm not hating, just pointing out some humor.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Swear I was hoping, like around the 45 second mark in the video, that the character tasting the potion would fall over a die just for comedic value.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    The animations in that video kinda look like Sims animations.

What? I'm not hating, just pointing out some humor.
    Hah, I can see that actually.

I'm not really thrilled by the animations but I dare say it definitely looks like an Elder Scrolls game. So in that respect I'm happy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Hah, I can see that actually.

I'm not really thrilled by the animations but I dare say it definitely looks like an Elder Scrolls game. So in that respect I'm happy.
    I agree, it is very similar to Skryrim and Oblivion.

It's funny how all the naysayers keep saying " it doesn't look like an elder scrolls game at all ". I don't see how they can come to that conclusion based on the stuff we have seen so far.

Can't wait until the NDA is removed and more people get to test the game, when that happens people will be able to get a much more clear impression of the game as a whole.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazio View Post

It's funny how all the naysayers keep saying " it doesn't look like an elder scrolls game at all ". I don't see how they can come to that conclusion based on the stuff we have seen so far.

Can't wait until the NDA is removed and more people get to test the game, when that happens people will be able to get a much more clear impression of the game as a whole.
    There has been other videos out, (like that 20 minute aplha / beta or what ever it was) Didnt look like Skyrim at all.
    Same with some earlier previews. Really put me off.

But seeing this, yey! It looks like Skyrim again I will have some time management issues if this turns out to be good

Quote Originally Posted by Eidal View Post
    There has been other videos out, (like that 20 minute aplha / beta or what ever it was) Didnt look like Skyrim at all.
    Same with some earlier previews. Really put me off.
    That Worstyoutube guy was trolling. The sad thing is, he probably cost bethesda potential preorders.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

If they really took the terrible animations and combat from the Elder Scrolls games and put them into TESO, what the hell are they doing? Your really going to gimp your game with terrible animations and combat because you want to stay true to the Elder Scrolls series?

Then again I know nothing other than the videos they provide us. It probably won't be like that, but I think if it does, it's one of the dumbest mistakes they could've made.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazio View Post

I was one of those people up until the last couple videos actually. The game was black and white over night. They did an extremely good job on the presentation. This last video was especially "elder scrolls"ish. Anyone who's still claiming it's not is probably just doing so out of bitter stubbornness. I'm impressed.

The animations look absolutely nothing like Skyrim to me. They seem...less real. And more...MMOey.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

-sniiiipppyyy-
    Last edited by Remilia; 2013-05-17 at 06:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please don't post NDA violating stuff.

I think the animations are great, both from a design perspective and the feeling of immersion. They're rather fluid and expressive. I'm also glad to see that fishing has made its way into the game, too. I've always felt many recent MMO's should have launched with the ability to whip out one's rod whenever they stumble across a body of water.

Quote Originally Posted by Totori View Post
    Please don't post NDA violating stuff.
    Honestly, the NDA has been hurting them.
    In the void of lots of gameplay videos and stuff, all people have really seen have been a troll leaking a 20 minute video where he does his best to make it look bad.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

I think the NDA does a lot of good, honestly. We don't need to know everything about the game right this very instant. It's one of the main reasons as to why I've gotten bored of many other MMO's - information was given freely and very few surprised existed when the game actually launched.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calthric View Post
    I think the NDA does a lot of good, honestly. We don't need to know everything about the game right this very instant. It's one of the main reasons as to why I've gotten bored of many other MMO's - information was given freely and very few surprised existed when the game actually launched.
    I'm glad you seem to have your chin up about this whole thing, but your approach is a little less than realistic, to be honest. I don't always agree with Bard, but he's spot-on with the NDA thing. While I'm not a fan of over hyping anything, there's also the danger of under hyping. While they sit on their NDA, extremely shitty video leaks are popping up, none of them doing the game a bit of justice.

Granted, you'd have to be a total tool to take a leaked beta video and base your entire opinion of the game on it, but it still raises potentially unnecessary concerns. As of right now, I'm not excited for this title at all and I feel like that's partially due to the shroud Zenimax has been hiding the game under. I'm intrigued by it and interested, but not in the slightest bit excited. There's been plenty of games in the last 5 years that have shown us that a popular and familar IP does not mean it'll make a good MMO. Far from it.

In my opinion, we're in dire need of more. Anything, really. Just more of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Honestly, the NDA has been hurting them.
    In the void of lots of gameplay videos and stuff, all people have really seen have been a troll leaking a 20 minute video where he does his best to make it look bad.
    The NDA does them far more good than the negative impact of a few leaked videos. They can still keep the overwhelming majority of the game under wraps. One of the biggest points of a NDA is to make sure that the developers/publishers are the only source for information. They control the pace and size of announcements/reveals, so they can build a strategy around that to keep people interested over longer periods of time and to make sure that when something is announced/shown, that it's actually ready.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that the NDA is far more good overall, but I'd hate to see it go down a SWTOR route. Remember how we were only a few weeks away from the open beta and most of us still had a very vague idea of actual non-cinematic combat? It wasn't until we got our hands on it and went "Oh... ok then" that we could make a real assessment. I can't speak for everyone as I know the game was/is quite popular with a few folks, but I was extremely pumped for that title... right up until I played it.

I'd hate for that to happen with ESO. I'm not saying drop the entire NDA, but let's get some gameplay videos out there. Wildstar, as an example, is handling their NDA very well. Tons of in game footage and interviews. Important questions answered but we're still not sure about so many things so the mystery is still there. THAT'S the proper way to keep our pallets wet.

Again, just a perspective.

Deleted
    By letting the information leak, they may say something that they will not be able to do at launch. Or vice-versa, they may promise something to avoid, but instead will go that route at some point. This is just a safe precaution. With less wide-spread info they have more freedom in choices. I'm sure when the stress-tests will start - they will release more content. But since it is CBT atm, when players are allowed to play an -older- build, I honestly don't see how info from that would provide anything. It's old, probably some, if not all, things are already changed.