Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanag View Post
    Well, you are kinda backwards on this. If anything this game is more about PvP than anything else.
    A lot of confusion going around as the game seems to focus on a pvp theme yet most of the content appears to be totally instanced pve. I haven't got a clue how much Cyrodil and pvp is going to play as every poster seems to have a different opinion on how much pvp plays a role in this game. Seems to be a hell of a lot of instancing and phasing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Correct.

From everything I've read the game is a PVE game with a wPVP zone.

It's a lot like playing WoW on a PVE server and entering wintergrasp or baradins hold.
    how would it be considered PVE oriented when they are saying that most of the end game is PvP ya sure there are dungeons and raids to get gear but it would be boring as hell not to fight in those battles
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

No new news lately?

Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    No new news lately?
    Well there were the videos about Character Creation and... I guess that's it.

ESO is going to be horrible. If you've seen a video of the gameplay and know how horribly the ES lore has been annihilated, but are still excited, I guess you're the demographic they're going for.

Please post respectfully. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2013-10-22 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Correct.

From everything I've read the game is a PVE game with a wPVP zone.
    I think it is pretty much the opposite. They created the faction locked PvE leveling zones which you are supposed to blow through in a single player fashion (although you can obviously still level with people within your own faction if you want.)

After that its pretty much a PvP game. The developers of this game are the same people who made Dark Age of Camelot which is just one giant PvP game. ESO appears to me to be Dark Age of Camelot with the letters rearranged to spell out Elder Scrolls Online.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Instructor Soki View Post
    ESO is going to be horrible. If you've seen a video of the gameplay and know how horribly the ES lore has been annihilated, but are still excited, I guess you're the demographic they're going for.
    The fact that they seem so afraid of people actually seeing the game seems to speak volumes about how they feel the progress is going.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Instructor Soki View Post
    Yep, you are so right man, you know exactly how it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tirr View Post
    A lot of confusion going around as the game seems to focus on a pvp theme yet most of the content appears to be totally instanced pve. I haven't got a clue how much Cyrodil and pvp is going to play as every poster seems to have a different opinion on how much pvp plays a role in this game. Seems to be a hell of a lot of instancing and phasing.
    I'm not confused how this going is going to be or how it is being focused right now. From the beginning this game has basically been about the three faction war around Cyrodiil.

There really isn't that much instancing in this game. Yes, faction zones are instanced from each other, but that doesn't mean there is a ton of instancing in the game. Differences.

The most ridiculous is that they are going for $60/$15/Internet-enabled Credit card required while proposing a little more than reused assets and not a single innovative idea in game systems. What do they have what we haven't seen? They cannot realize what they plan well because their team lacks any stars.

i really hope they drop the sub fee before release. as much as i love elder scrolls, there's no way it's worth it. wow isn't even worth it anymore. i personally hate to play games alone too, and i know my friend won't play it with me if there's a fee like that.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i really hope they drop the sub fee before release. as much as i love elder scrolls, there's no way it's worth it. wow isn't even worth it anymore. i personally hate to play games alone too, and i know my friend won't play it with me if there's a fee like that.
    I hope they keep the sub fee and just make a high quality game. The free to play model tends to produce garbage and really produce a pay to win model.

I just hope they make a good, quality game regardless of the payment model.

Deleted
    Sub fees are fine if a) the game is good (kinda obv but if a sub mmo is really good and addicting, I save money paying it because I don't buy other games) and b) if the devs make good use of sub money with frequent enough quality content.

TESO actually seem like a good game. I am all for a sub model as I don't like the concept of F2P games. Being an economist I know the business model is short sighted in nature and they will get a high return in the start while the revenues dwindle alot over time giving the players less and less content but alot of "content" which you have to buy (SWTOR). A sub model could of course suffer the same if sub numbers dwindle fast (SWTOR) and thus the players will receive less content over time.

I don't believe this will happen to ESO though. The IP is too solid and an MMO makes sense, as in SWTOR it didn't really make sense the way it was executed. any SW game without heavy emphasis on space battles and feeling like a fantasy MMO, essentially being another EQ clone, will have trouble surviving despite being a huge IP. Elder Scrolls fits the MMO picture alot better and the TES fans have been wanting a multiplayer option for years now. Myself included. Afaik all my friends will be purchasing this game and they will most likely make it their main MMO as well.

The only problem this game is suffering right now is the lack of info/beta invites at the moment. It brings the hype down, which is very visible on this forum where the first 279 pages on this thread went pretty fast while lately there is almost no activity here cause there isn't anything new to talk about. I think this is a well planned tactic from ZOS though, they don't want the game to be over hyped until it's ready. I think the first surge of hype after the announcement was exceeding their prediction as well, something I don't think they liked. This because hype tends to create too big expectations that is almost impossible to meet. Take a look at TESO's predecessors and the hype they generated. Didn't work out too well for them did it? I think the expectations Wyattbw09 has to the game fits ZOS just perfect at the moment, no expectations = positive surprise with huge success. Instead of: hyped up game that disappointed immensly and bled subs all the way to F2P and ghost town. Am i on to something here?

The fact that they seem so afraid of people actually seeing the game seems to speak volumes about how they feel the progress is going.
    I do have to wonder why people say they are afraid of letting people see the game when it's been playable at every major gaming and geek event in the last year.
    Ferlion <level 85 Druid - Proudmoore>
    Formerly known as the Warlock Shadowsouled - Windrunner

Proud poster of the Story Forums. I got your faction wank right here.

And where are recordings of those 'playables'? Right, there are none. Remember their reaction when the first not faked video got to YouTube? Why there is a preorder requirement to be in open beta?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    And where are recordings of those 'playables'? Right, there are none. Remember their reaction when the first not faked video got to YouTube? Why there is a preorder requirement to be in open beta?
    Always a pleasure seeing you coming into this thread just so you can spread false information.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanag View Post
    Always a pleasure seeing you coming into this thread just so you can spread false information.
    It's not just this thread.

Not sure how it's allowed.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

don't feel bad, tackhisis does this everywhere, not just this ESO forum

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Like I listen to peoples reactions? People are idiots in general, and they bitch about anything.

Having been in ESO at the center of Denmark, video doesn't do it justice. But then, video doesn't do most games justice.
    Last edited by ruinshin; 2013-10-24 at 04:20 AM.
    Ferlion <level 85 Druid - Proudmoore>
    Formerly known as the Warlock Shadowsouled - Windrunner

Proud poster of the Story Forums. I got your faction wank right here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirr View Post
    Sub fees are fine if a) the game is good (kinda obv but if a sub mmo is really good and addicting, I save money paying it because I don't buy other games) and b) if the devs make good use of sub money with frequent enough quality content.
    I'll agree to that. What I don't agree to is having a box price along with a sub fee. Especially a $60 one. ATM the 2 most successful payment models I've seen for an MMO is GW2 and EVE. They either sub from the beginning without box or XPac prices, or B2P and possible XPac paywalls.