10+ Year Old Account
    any word on stealing? Will you be able to pick pocket players and kill random npcs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    any word on stealing? Will you be able to pick pocket players and kill random npcs?
    Now that would be funny and if implemented correctly could cause a lot of butthurt but good times.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Highly doubt it. You'll only see enemy players in the central PvP zone from what I know, and being able to pickpocket them would be awesome but I feel like the devs will shy away from it (would lead to massive griefing). As for killing random NPC's, again, highly doubtful. Any important NPC's will likely be unflagged for combat, as killing them would put questing to a standstill for other friendly players. Another tool for massive griefing that I feel like the devs will stay away from.

Zenimax has said there will be a "Crime System" and the Thieves guild as one of the first content updates. So I can definitely see NPC pick-pocketing in the game.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    Zenimax has said there will be a "Crime System" and the Thieves guild as one of the first content updates. So I can definitely see NPC pick-pocketing in the game.
    NPC's yes. But not on players. Possible it may be added for the players in Cyrodiil however.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    This is a little upsetting. Was hoping for it to really be like having 12 abilities, not just 6.
    Not just that, but I am concerned about the controls scheme. If it is like the PC version was for the Elder Scroll games, I do not see it working that well in a MMO. From the videos of game play I have watched, that is exactly how it is. Which is fine in the console version I guess, but for the pc controls, I predict this will be a major game breaker for many MMO players who are use to what they consider the standard control schemes like you have in WoW, Rift, GW2, SWTOR, LOTRO, etc, etc. I am referring to the + which is stuck in the center of the screen and this is how you do combat and interact with the game world environment. In other words, no free moving mouse pointer. For the old Elder Scroll players this will not be a issue. But if they want to get a lot of players who have not played them, this could be a limiting factor.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2013-12-09 at 04:31 PM.

I really feel like the amount of customization from skill sets other than your class is underappreciated.

I wasn't planning on playing this and after learning just how insane the customization is... My interest. It has been peaked O_O
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    NPC's yes. But not on players. Possible it may be added for the players in Cyrodiil however.

- - - Updated - - -

Not just that, but I am concerned about the controls scheme. If it is like the PC version was for the Elder Scroll games, I do not see it working that well in a MMO. From the videos of game play I have watched, that is exactly how it is. Which is fine in the console version I guess, but for the pc controls, I predict this will be a major game breaker for many MMO players who are use to what they consider the standard control schemes like you have in WoW, Rift, GW2, SWTOR, LOTRO, etc, etc. I am referring to the + which is stuck in the center of the screen and this is how you do combat and interact with the game world environment. In other words, no free moving mouse pointer. For the old Elder Scroll players this will not be a issue. But if they want to get a lot of players who have not played them, this could be a limiting factor.
    I think it would cool to add pickpocketing for players while in Cyrodiil.

On another note, I personally don't see the problem with just 6 abilities on a hotbar, to many and it leads to a complicated mess.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/new...ng-progression
    lots of questions answered in this Ask us anything
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Easily their best AUA to date. Clarified a lot of things some people seemed to have a poor understanding of.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/new...ng-progression
    lots of questions answered in this Ask us anything
    For abilities, is there a single morph, or are there multiple as you advance?

At the moment, abilities can be morphed once.
    Hope they add some more in the future. I can say that I've encountered some of those morphs and I like them, but was expecting them to be morphed even more along the line.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    Hope they add some more in the future. I can say that I've encountered some of those morphs and I like them, but was expecting them to be morphed even more along the line.
    I remember them saying earlier that there would 2 morphs at launch so maybe they just haven't released the 2nd one yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    I remember them saying earlier that there would 2 morphs at launch so maybe they just haven't released the 2nd one yet?
    You have two options for morphs, but you can only choose one. That is what you are thinking about.

Deleted
    The elder scrolls online will release on april 4 2014 for PC and Mac

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, here is the linking for people wanting to read up on that talks about the game being released on PC/MAC on April 4, while consoles will have to wait till June for the game to release. http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/new...lans-announced

They also released a new video about Cyrodiil with this announcement also.

10+ Year Old Account
    People seem to be bashing the game trailer hard in the YouTube comments.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    It's Youtube and it isn't a VEVO video, what did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    That's life.

TES fans will say "you should have made a single player game" and mmo fans will say "Why isn't tab target working".

TESO will probably be a niche game with a devoted following. Dat ability system... mmm.

looks pretty amazing.. As a former DAoC player, I can't wait for this!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow thats way earlier than i tought.

Think im gonna give it a chance....if wildstar is not released before.
    Last edited by Iseeyou; 2013-12-11 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    Wow thats way earlier than i tought.

Think im gonna give it a chance....if wildstar is not released before.
    Incredibly different games with different strengths.

It's best to give both a chance.