^ you won't even be able to play by Friday if you're downloading at 380kb/s lol

nvm thought it was Thursday
    thirdworld internet i have to leave my computer on till friday and hope it finish
    Last edited by Damire; 2014-02-06 at 01:04 AM.

All bullshit aside, I just watched their unboxing of the Imperial Edition video and their Lead Loremaster, Lawrence Schick is like the coolest fucking dude in the world.

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/new...perial-edition

Also Kate Beckinsale is voicing a queen, among other cool voice actors:

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/new...cast-announced

Quote Originally Posted by Damire View Post
    thirdworld internet i have to leave my computer on till friday and hope it finish
    I got a beta invite back in October sometime but I haven't been able to use it until this weekend. I downloaded the client last night and mine was running slowly, a cursory internet search showed that its pretty widespread thing. I had to let mind DL overnight.

15+ Year Old Account

Here's the youtube video, does not require you to spend time confirming your age.

Chose the top most choices and now I'm banned from the site, lol.
    Last edited by Kuja; 2014-02-06 at 01:13 AM.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    All bullshit aside, I just watched their unboxing of the Imperial Edition video and their Lead Loremaster, Lawrence Schick is like the coolest fucking dude in the world
    He is! I'd sit down and listen to him talk for hours. Plus... he has a badass mustache/beard

Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    While I know it would cause a fuss further down the line ("I want it! IWANNNNTIIIIIT!") it would be _kinda_ cool if the "any race, any faction" thing didn't continue after the pre-order. Having some level of cross-faction race thing would be people in that faction who didn't align with their own factions beliefs, like folks moving from Europe to the US for work/better life. It adds flavour.

Letting it be a general "anyone can" would probably be a bit more homogenous and take the prettier edge off it.
    If the intention was to keep it rare, tying it to pre-orders was not the way to go. It'll be common as muck to see cross-faction characters at first, only becoming rare much later on. The sensible (and fair) way to do it would be by in-game means, such as a quest chain that is available to all but difficult to complete.

Personally I doubt that much thought went into it. Looks far more like a "crap we need to boost box sales, what can we bait the pre-orders with?" kind of situation.

Was able to max my fiber line downloading it earlier today for the missus to play (well, almost, was at 8MB/sec - it's 72Mb fiber line so should top out around 9MB). Check things like network settings, enable UPNP on the router (temporarily) etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    If the intention was to keep it rare, tying it to pre-orders was not the way to go. It'll be common as muck to see cross-faction characters at first, only becoming rare much later on. The sensible (and fair) way to do it would be by in-game means, such as a quest chain that is available to all but difficult to complete.

Personally I doubt that much thought went into it. Looks far more like a "crap we need to boost box sales, what can we bait the pre-orders with?" kind of situation.
    Agreed on the baiting point sadly. Does look a bit like a cash grab.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got one. HAZA!

Not really my brother did and I stole it lol.
    Aye mate

and their Lead Loremaster, Lawrence Schick is like the coolest fucking dude in the world.
    Seriously? He is obviously acting, and rather badly, I must say.

Really debating buying this for launch. On the one hand, action-combat. No thanks.

But character progression seems incredible. That really intrigues me.

I also like the idea of the [almost] whole of Tamriel accessible for the first time since like Daggerfall. Which was itself incredible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Really debating buying this for launch. On the one hand, action-combat. No thanks.

But character progression seems incredible. That really intrigues me.

I also like the idea of the [almost] whole of Tamriel accessible for the first time since like Daggerfall. Which was itself incredible.
    Wasn't Daggerfall just a large part of the Daggerfall covenant in ESO? It may have been large but was mostly randomly generated i think this is the first time since way back in Arena
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Seriously? He is obviously acting, and rather badly, I must say.
    I think that was the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It isn't twitchy action combat, if that is what bothers you about action combat.

- - - Updated - - -

Lawrence Schick is like the coolest fucking dude in the world.
    Lawrence Schick is a game designer[1] and writer associated with role-playing games who created White Plume Mountain in 1979, an adventure module for the Advanced Dungeons & Dragons fantasy role-playing game, published by TSR in 1979. White Plume Mountain was ranked the 9th greatest Dungeons & Dragons adventure of all time by Dungeon magazine in 2004.
    Some old school background.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Wasn't Daggerfall just a large part of the Daggerfall covenant in ESO? It may have been large but was mostly randomly generated i think this is the first time since way back in Arena
    It was mostly Hammerfell and High Rock in Daggerfall. And if I recall correctly, western Cyrodill.

I also noted [almost] the whole of Tamriel above. After Daggerfall the TES games where much "smaller" in scope.

The last beta test left a sour taste in my mouth. This is your last chance to get my money!

Quote Originally Posted by Krolikn View Post
    The last beta test left a sour taste in my mouth. This is your last chance to get my money!
    +1; I'm in this boat.

Let me help out my fellow EU beta testers and allow me to convert some of the timezones for you.

EU: Helsinki 7:00 PM
    EU: Bucharest 7:00 PM
    EU: Amsterdam 6:00 PM
    EU: Berlin 6:00 PM
    EU: Paris 6:00 PM
    EU: London 5:00 PM

See you guys in beta : )

The whole of tamriel hasn't been in a game since Arena, and the games weren't really rendering the world in 3d untill redguard (parts of hammerfell), and then morrowind, oblivion and skyrim.

Quote Originally Posted by Krolikn View Post
    Same here, I was a little harsh on it the last time I tried it, and found that bow felt really crappy to use. I'm going to give it a much more fair shake, and try out some of the melee and magic weapons.

Is it true that this piece of shit still has its NDA in place 2 months before launch? That should be sending up huge red flags to anyone with some sense