Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WillFeral View Post
    Guarantee this mmo will fail just like all the other ones before it. All hail World of Warcraft.
    Without other MMO's to copy WOW would have failed a long time ago, I can name several features WOW has "borrowed" from these so called failed MMO's.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    But some people, like myself, want to know why we are killing those pirates.
    Yes, thank you! This was my biggest pet peeve about the writing in Cataclysm. There was no reason given for doing most of the things you were doing. Every quest you were given was like the NPC's "To Do" list with no explanation. Drove me nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    That's not the point. The point is that is better to have just a text telling you why you are killing them and then experiencing an amazing combat than having an amazing voice actor telling you why to kill the pirates but then experience a dull and boring combat. If we can have both the actor and the amazing combat... hell yes! but right now TESO has the amazing voice actor and the dull combat.
    Amazing combat does not trump everything else, unfortunately. This was a painful lesson I learned with Tera.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

10+ Year Old Account
    Anywhere i can find morphed abilities list? Tamriel Foundry only has the base ones.

Deleted
    aaaand maintenance again ... you can stop trying to log in for another hour or so -.-

Just got in, played 3 minutes "The world of Tamriel will come down in 1 minute for a short maintenance" ... yay

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I don't get how there can be people on this planet who think a beta test, especially a closed beta test such as this one, is somehow a free trial so people get to play the game without paying for it.

Is the concept of beta testing really so hard to grasp?

Yeah, im sorry for wanting to TEST a game in a BETA TEST before i decide if im going to bury 60€ on it and pay a sub fee for it.....
    but hey atleast i know that the loading screen works

Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post
    aaaand maintenance again ... you can stop trying to log in for another hour or so -.-

Just got in, played 3 minutes "The world of Tamriel will come down in 1 minute for a short maintenance" ... yay
    Yep.. "The beta server will be taken offline to re-enable Cyrodiil. At this time we expect it to be back online no later than 3:30pm EST."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowstep View Post
    Yeah, im sorry for wanting to TEST a game in a BETA TEST before i decide if im going to bury 60€ on it and pay a sub fee for it.....
    You are testing it, you are helping to test server loads.

Only, its not a TEST, its a STRESSTEST weekend. You have a key already, youll get in for the next beta week-end. Those that wont be STRESSTEST. Than you'll be able to make a choice before droping 60$.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't even get to the character screen anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

I guess its good they did this stress test cause a launch like this would kill it.... i'm shocked at how bad it is really, if it was an open stress test i could see it, but when you control the number of accounts/keys this is bad. bugged quest still and numerous other bugs i still have faith in the game, but I do not see a smooth launch. Hopefully i'll be surprised.

oh and its very much the slow paced RPG not fast passed so I see this being a nich market.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Silly you for confusing "Stress test" for "Free demo."

You just offended about 99.6% of the people that sign up for betas.

It's down for a brief maintenance. It was stated in-game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Can't even get to the character screen anymore
    Short maintenance, message came ingame.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    I can understand part of it though, because of all paid "beta" tests coming out from other games within and outside of the genre
    Some of them are starting to sell alpha access, just look at many kickstarter games or even a big one like Everquest Next: Landmark.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Amazing combat does not trump everything else, unfortunately. This was a painful lesson I learned with Tera.
    I said combat just to illustrate what i was trying to say. I want to have both, just saying that if i can only have one... i rather have combat over voice acting.
    Last edited by Geckoo; 2014-02-08 at 07:20 PM.

Who else is ready for the "WoW was the first MMO" and racist chat at launch?

I know I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Balte View Post

I know I am.
    Was dealing with some guy earlier trolling in chat saying SWTOR was before WOW and WOW just copied SWTOR.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Deleted
    Beta test isn't there for you to test out a game to see if you want to buy it. That's not the "test" part you're in it for. You're there to test whether it works, and report any bugs to the developers, so they can fix shit. Beta testing is a job, not a gift.

In other news, 10 minutes requesting character load, loading into a zone, "1 minute until maintenance". I think I've played all of 15 minutes yesterday and today. Not a very fruitful test for me, but I guess they'll be fixing shit before launch. Still spending 110€ on the physical Imperial Edition + postage and shit. Yeah, stuff is expensive here in Finland. No joke.

short maintenance? They say until 3:30pm EST on their website. Shit.

10+ Year Old Account

I know I am.
    My first MMO was Galaxies
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I know I am.

Don't forget "Dirge" "Anal" and "Your mom jokes"