Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    Finally Bethesda is coming with an MMO.
    Unfortunately, that isn't the case.

I have a feeling it's going to be so much more buggy than what their single player games usually are and I like their games.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Oh snap, beta bros.

nice try, sherlock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Silly question but is the beta under an NDA?

Quote Originally Posted by Byrogan View Post
    Silly question but is the beta under an NDA?
    yes, it is.

Deleted
    epic trailer!

i have a question though, will lighting play a part in this game, like in Skyrim sometimes its handy to pull out a torch or a spell to light up the cave because its too dark to see anything, will we see this in ESO? as its something thats missing from pretty much every other mmo, in skyrim night time feels like night, whereas WoWs night time is still pretty light.

sorry if i worded this badly, just think bit would be awesome and add that extra bit of immersion, i really liked it in skyrim that going into a cave actually felt like a cave because of the lighting, when you compare that to Wow. and i have no idea why this font is red or how i change it.

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 01:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Baskrik View Post
    I like the idea. Always thought to myself, when I played Skyrim, it would be nice to have some of my friends with me. Though never thought long about an mmo. Still, the idea is really nice, and I am looking forward to it.
    They have the opportunity to use all the ideas and good stuff seen in other mmos (WoW, Rift, SWTOR, AoC and so on) and put them to good use. What I have heared so far, they also have pretty good ideas themselfs. so lets see what they come up with.
    i never thought there would be an mmo of it, but on xbox when me and my friend first got skyrim we was both hoping they would make a co-op feature or expansion or something as it would be awesome to play together. i hope this game doesn't dissapoint as im a long time lover of Elder scrolls, excited that me and my friend can play together, he always played melee/warrior/babarian whereas i usually stick to ranged weapons, would be awesome to go around slaiying together.
    Last edited by mmocef2fdcc82b; 2013-01-23 at 01:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    epic trailer!

i have a question though, will lighting play a part in this game, like in Skyrim sometimes its handy to pull out a torch or a spell to light up the cave because its too dark to see anything, will we see this in ESO? as its something thats missing from pretty much every other mmo, in skyrim night time feels like night, whereas WoWs night time is still pretty light.
    I have a feeling that it'll be very conveniency based. Say you CAN see in the dark and make out dark caves and corridors, but torches or fire in general will work as a quality of life in exploration. Help you see things you might've otherwise missed like little hidden things and such. But it's just speculation, I would merely be suprised if they did not utilize it atleast to the same extend as in Skyrim =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    I have a feeling that it'll be very conveniency based. Say you CAN see in the dark and make out dark caves and corridors, but torches or fire in general will work as a quality of life in exploration. Help you see things you might've otherwise missed like little hidden things and such. But it's just speculation, I would merely be suprised if they did not utilize it atleast to the same extend as in Skyrim =)
    it just made me think of it on the trailer when that woman shoots a spell down the tunnel to light it up. hoping things like that make it into the game.

CGI trailer looked good.. but swtor taught me not to judge a game by its trailers.

Deleted
    its weird, all other mmos that came out had massive hype and "this will kill wow" posts, rift,swtor,gw2 ect, but this one seems to have a lot less hype and the posts surrounding the hype. i have high hopes for this game, one of my favorite things about ES games is the large open world with focus on exploration, as long as i can do that in ESO it will keep me entertained for a while. i still find places onskyrim i havn't seen before while randomly wondering around.

Deleted
    its weird, all other mmos that came out had massive hype and "this will kill wow" posts, rift,swtor,gw2 ect, but this one seems to have a lot less hype and the posts surrounding the hype. i have high hopes for this game, one of my favorite things about ES games is the large open world with focus on exploration, as long as i can do that in ESO it will keep me entertained for a while. i still find places onskyrim i havn't seen before while randomly wondering around.

Wich is because this "might" fail. I do not know how they want the combat system to be like . the PvP what ever how will this be done ? Still ima try out this game ofc

I think more of it could come down to ES already being a trusted name and thus hype is not needed? I'm not sure.
    We all know Skyrim, most of us know Oblivion and Morrowind. I guess we already trust ES.

One thing i liked the most with Morrowind was the alien architect i hope they bring that back in eso.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawxey View Post
    I think more of it could come down to ES already being a trusted name and thus hype is not needed? I'm not sure.
    We all know Skyrim, most of us know Oblivion and Morrowind. I guess we already trust ES.
    Pretty much what Fawxey just said. TES and Bethesda are already high on the trust list of gamers who're into the SPRPG experiences. Then in addition, ZeniMax, who aquired Bethesda in 1999, has been the complete Anti-EA in terms of costumer trust. Never heard of ZeniMax before this? Well, they're pretty much the difinition of "Under the radar" and there's a good reason for that. Nobody ever complains about them or calls them scammers or evil.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZeniMax_Media
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZeniMax_Online_Studios (Formed for the purpose of ESO)

Basically, we're dealing with a trusted company and the development team of a trusted publisher to deliver a title that has been highly successful in the past.

I think that's why it's not so hyped. And in addition, Skyrim and Oblivion was not long ago. Those who went and tried those and hated them probably will pay no heed to ESO, thus there's little need for overhype. Fans will get it and try it, some new people will be drawn to it and those who already KNOW they won't like it will stay away.

Atleast that's what I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meteoria View Post
    Wait, didn't you just break the NDA? ;D
    Back to the pit like the rest of us!

Vizzle, at least try to use the same font, :P
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Definitely joining Ebonheart, that leader is one badass Nord. Also Admin/Mods, is there any plans for Elder Scrolls Online and Elder Scrolls in general to have a forum of it's own?
    Needs more than this to even be considered. Time will tell (or well, activity).

Bioware was trusted once too.

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 11:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post

Vizzle, at least try to use the same font, :P
    I had to leave some semblance of "this is fake" or else *people would think I tried too hard
    Last edited by vizzle; 2013-01-23 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Bioware was trusted once too
    But they did a pact with the Devil!

Deleted
    So who was who in the trailer? Guessing the big dude with the axe was a Nord, the chick was some sort of an elf what about the Asssasin's creed dude?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Proxeneta View Post
    So who was who in the trailer? Guessing the big dude with the axe was a Nord, the chick was some sort of an elf what about the Asssasin's creed dude?
    I didn't get that either. I'd guess a Breton?

10+ Year Old Account
    Next up: Dragon Age or Fallout MMO.

I do hope this game will succeed, but from previous experiences, I doubt it : <
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water