Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    You happen to be looking at the survey with mostly a positive opinion of the game. Which is fine. But for some of us, the questions on the survey hit home on exactly what our concerns and complaints are about the game. And we got to express them with our selections on the survey.
    Unless there were different survey's it covered all topics of the game. You might have though it focused on the negative because if your bias and dislike of the game. I saw a question about the CE also, which the poster I replied to said wasn't there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    No. This is simply unacceptable. The single only reason I support a subscription model is it (ideally apparently) allows you access to everything without charging for extras (except potentially vanity items). Paying separately for character slots is F2P/B2P crap.
    A lot of this has to do with what WoW taught you to be the norm in my opinion, if character transfers were free you would be outraged if other games charged from them. There is no reason there would be server transfer costs in a subscription game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    the game is better off without that crowd, thanks. they tend to be the most abusive, immature, flat out dickish assholes in every single game.
    cause pve players are never like that

Deleted
    There are specific instances that you cannot join as a party though and I don't like that.

My bf and I are very familiar with the "Travel" function as we were having to use it constantly. I also don't like that it teleports you to the nearest wayshrine. Many times that was a good distance away from where we were and in the opposite direction. I really hope they fix that.

No. This is simply unacceptable. The single only reason I support a subscription model is it (ideally apparently) allows you access to everything without charging for extras (except potentially vanity items). Paying separately for character slots is F2P/B2P crap.

There's no reason to ever have 50 characters in WoW, that's insane, and I say that as a hardcore altoholic. ESO would have to come with at least one slot per race with 1-2 extra for good measure, IMO.
    Well I don't know how many character slots teso has currently, but even if I did, I don't see the problem as long as there is enough to do with the slots there are. Especially if the 50+(+) content keeps my main busy for a long time then I don't mind.

And what you say is still not correct as anyone can just buy a second account for more slots, is that pay to win aswell?

And it's not like they reduced the amouth of character slots to sell more, they took a number that will fit most of the playerbase (like wow chose for 50) but give those that want more slots because they think that is not enough an option to get more.

There is also a logical reason for having a cap on it as the data has to be stored somewhere, that costs money, if everyone is able to make 1000 characters that would make the game alot of money. So you could possibly see the money they charge for those extra character slots as a way to get the money the extra data costs back.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

They could use the feedback, just dont turn it into the hate-fest and bash every thing that is different from WoW here. They are different for a reason. (This is to all of you people who are interested but dislike something about the game, not you specifically, Ghostpanther).
    Well, they got it. From myself at least. On the survey I mean.

I have said some positive things on here about ESO before, but I will say them again. ESO's crafting, char creation, art work, graphics, quest story lines, is better than WoW's. Hands down. But those things are not enough to make me want to sub.

And I expected ESO to be different. But not to the extremes they have in some parts. But if they get enough subs to reach their goal ( they do have a sub min goal ) as the game is now, then great. I do not want to them to fail. The industry needs the competition and success of MMO's. The result is better games.

There are specific instances that you cannot join as a party though and I don't like that.

My bf and I are very familiar with the "Travel" function as we were having to use it constantly. I also don't like that it teleports you to the nearest wayshrine. Many times that was a good distance away from where we were and in the opposite direction. I really hope they fix that.
    I've only seen it on the main story quests. But I guess they should be a lore-heavy single player experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by c0da View Post
    Unless there were different survey's it covered all topics of the game. You might have though it focused on the negative because if your bias and dislike of the game. I saw a question about the CE also, which the poster I replied to said wasn't there.

- - - Updated - - -

I actually gave them the highest positive answer possible on some questions. And I agree. The survey covered all the game.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2014-02-12 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    cause pve players are never like that
    of course it comes from both, but pvpers tend to be the worst about it. they tend to be around 15 - 19, think they know every goddamn thing, and think their shit is god's gift.

I actually gave them the highest positive answer possible on some questions.
    Which was my point, the polling and survey covered all aspects of the game both positive and negative.

Deleted
    And I expected ESO to be different.
    THIS! This is the problem you, and many others that come here with complaints, have. It is NOT the game you want it to be, it is the game the Devs, and the fans that were with the game from the beginning, want it to be. It will hardly change, based on the opinions of someone comparing it with WoW because... they don't want the game to be like WoW. They want it to be different, really different... and, as much as you don't believe this, there is a market for people that enjoy that UI, that combat system, etc.

ESO is not the WoW killer. ESO is not for the masses. Its a fine tuned game, for a specific crowd. It does not want 10 million subs, it will never get 10 million subs and they are fine with that. It might go B2P a few months after release, and thats ok too (contrary to what people think, companies actually make more money with B2P than with a P2P).

Just accept this and move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malbabo View Post
    THIS! This is the problem you, and many others that come here with complaints, have. It is NOT the game you want it to be, it is the game the Devs, and the fans that were with the game from the beginning, want it to be. It will hardly change, based on the opinions of someone comparing it with WoW because... they don't want the game to be like WoW. They want it to be different, really different... and, as much as you don't believe this, there is a market for people that enjoy that UI, that combat system, etc.

ESO is not the WoW killer. ESO is not for the masses. Its a fine tuned game, for a specific crowd. It does not want 10 million subs, it will never get 10 million subs and they are fine with that. It might go B2P a few months after release, and thats ok too (contrary to what people think, companies actually make more money with B2P than with a P2P).

Just accept this and move on.
    So you work for them in marketing? I do not think you know what they want in terms of profits. It is your opinion and when you become a moderator here on the forums I will pay more attention to your " accept it and move on." Until then, I will continue to express my opinion, in a respectful way of course.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malbabo View Post
    THIS! This is the problem you, and many others that come here with complaints, have. It is NOT the game you want it to be, it is the game the Devs, and the fans that were with the game from the beginning, want it to be. It will hardly change, based on the opinions of someone comparing it with WoW because...
    Uhm.. Fans that were with the game from the beggining? You mean the closed beta testers? I thought the game was/is hidden from fans by NDA.

This thread has become littered by people who don't respect negative opinions about their "beloved" game and label everyone else as hater.

Quote Originally Posted by c0da View Post
    A lot of this has to do with what WoW taught you to be the norm in my opinion, if character transfers were free you would be outraged if other games charged from them. There is no reason there would be server transfer costs in a subscription game.
    It's not just WoW. I could make 6 characters per server in Rift, 8 per server in Tera, etc. The only MMO I've played where I've had to pay extra for character slots has been GW2, which is B2P.

Since you mention server transfers, I am against charging for them as well, but unfortunately WoW set the bar for that and other games would arguably be foolish to not do the same because it would be a loss of revenue. However, there is no subscription model MMO I know of that charges extra for character slots. I would rather ESO not be the first one to start it either.

I find it interesting that there's been so much uproar over the Imperial CE contents, but nobody else has a problem with the potential sale of character slots? That's not even cosmetic.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

you have 8 character slots, it's entirely optional if you want to buy more. i don't see the problem, it's just like buying name changes and appearance changes.

Deleted
    of course it comes from both, but pvpers tend to be the worst about it. they tend to be around 15 - 19, think they know every goddamn thing, and think their shit is god's gift.
    maybe its these silly presumptions and stereotypes that pve players have that makes them act this way.

I took a lot of time and effort with that stupidly long survay. I feel I deserve a reward or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    you have 8 character slots, it's entirely optional if you want to buy more. i don't see the problem, it's just like buying name changes and appearance changes.
    I agree with this. That is becoming common in most MMO's ( buying a character slot ). 8 character slots for myself would be plenty enough.

So you work for them in marketing? I do not think you know what they want in terms of profits. It is your opinion and when you become a moderator here on the forums I will pay more attention to your " accept it and move on." Until then, I will continue to express my opinion, in a respectful way of course.
    Well, it's pretty clear that you cant have profits if you are a WoW clone. A lot of projects tried. So they want to find their niche, like asians mmo's right know - they are quite a bit different from WoW in every aspect, so they have their audience. ESO have that, they have a special kind of audience: TES games fans. I wont try to describe how a TES MMO should look like and how well does ESO replicate that, it's up to the devs to try and suprise us. I'm looking forward to exactly that, not a WoW clone in TES setting.
    Last edited by Thunderball; 2014-02-12 at 05:31 PM.

Deleted

Your make opinions based on what the mods say? If the guy had a mod tag and told you the game was great bla bla bla you would consider buying the game? Same thing for all those people who are basing they're opinions off of what some guy said on you tube .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WillFeral View Post
    It's cute that people actually think ESO will be successful and not fade away after 2 months because the game will feel unfinished and no end game.Face it the quality of the mmo you expect is WoW or better...sadly you wont be seeing anything like that in the near future.So go forth young knight and spend those coins on ESO and will we see you in 2 months in WoW after you make your sad journey to nowhere.
    Sorry to blow your bubble but I have no interest in World of Daily Botcraft. Played it for 8 years and it's repeating content with all addons. Feel free to buy WoD and play it for 2 weeks gg content clear, what a blast! That's one reason why I don't see myself playing FFXIV, RIFT or Wildstar cause it's just the same old crap with different graphics and I'm getting really tired of it. Now those games are far from beeing bad games, I'm sure there are lot's of ppl liking them and there should be because different ppl different tastes, right? But I'm not going to the WoW forums (or any other forums) to tell ppl their game is bad. For what? That's just narrow minded nothing more.

Deleted
    I dont have to work for their marketing. All i have to do is listen/read their interviews. And the fact that, for example, they had a minimap when the came out in the first version, and the fans on the beta forums complained about it, and they changed to a compass. That tells me what they want from this game. They rather have the real fans happy, than have something the masses request. This isn't an opinion; this happened and is a fact.

If that doesn't tell you what the devs want for their game, i really dont know what would.

Quote Originally Posted by Zepp View Post
    Uhm.. Fans that were with the game from the beggining? You mean the closed beta testers? I thought the game was/is hidden from fans by NDA.

This thread has become littered by people who don't respect negative opinions about their "beloved" game and label everyone else as hater.
    The game has been presented to the fans (on the official website beta forums) a long time ago. They have expressed their opinion for a number of things that were implemented (like i said above, the minimap is one of them. First person view was another). My gf has been testing the game for a while.