Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Anyone else run into magicka regen cap problems? apparently in level 16 greens you can already "overcharge" your magicka regen, and even so you still can't spam spells as a high elf sorcerer built entirely around magicka efficiency. Is there really any point in wearing light over medium or heavy, since magicka is obviously not a good reason?
    Yeah I've noticed this on the beta as well they need to do a bit more tweaking with stats. I know in my build I spread my stats out and used class skills and wep skills evenly and it worked out fine but some people are going to play just pure magicka or stam builds they might run into a wall.

Deleted

"Unity Group Frame"

heh, the UI mods are already taking care of my concerns, nice

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post

"Unity Group Frame"

It is strange that you are depended on external addons to make the game playable, but on the other hand, why waste dev time when most of the players will use addons anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    It is strange that you are depended on external addons to make the game playable, but on the other hand, why waste dev time when most of the players will use addons anyway.
    So like wow? lol just kidding I think the default UI is good needs a bit of work but being able to mod the UI is great anyhow.

Deleted
    oh boo-fucking-hoo ... it was a design choice not to display buffs/debuffs not laziness. Some random players with next to none experience in UI/game design stomped that Addon out before the game is even released, what makes you think ZO couldn't do that if they wanted this kind of UI in their original concept.

Deleted
    oh boo-fucking-hoo ... it was a design choice not to display buffs/debuffs not laziness. Some random players with next to none experience in UI/game design stomped that Addon out before the game is even released, what makes you think ZO couldn't do that if they wanted this kind of UI in their original concept.
    You seem to not get what I was about to say with that, do you? Try to read and comprehend again, have another try, it's free.

Quote Originally Posted by smackyslap View Post
    So like wow? lol just kidding I think the default UI is good needs a bit of work but being able to mod the UI is great anyhow.

I agree, it is just a bit strange that some basics are missing, like damage numbers or stuff like that.

[/QUOTE]I agree, it is just a bit strange that some basics are missing, like damage numbers or stuff like that.[/QUOTE]

I believe their reason for no damage numbers was immersion but yeah at least having the option to turn them on would be nice. Then again it might be there I did not tear into the options that much.

Deleted
    You seem to not get what I was about to say with that, do you? Try to read and comprehend again, have another try, it's free.
    I get exactly what you're saying. The game is very playable without any addons, just like WoW or Rift or Lotro or FF14 or [insert random MMO] without any addons. You don't need the additional functionality to play the game, or succeed at it.

Deleted

"Unity Group Frame"

Looking good!

Deleted
    I get exactly what you're saying. The game is very playable without any addons, just like WoW or Rift or Lotro or FF14 or [insert random MMO] without any addons. You don't need the additional functionality to play the game, or succeed at it.
    Yeah.. continue to live in your small little dream world where addons don't give you superior advantages in PvP...

Quote Originally Posted by smackyslap View Post
    I agree, it is just a bit strange that some basics are missing, like damage numbers or stuff like that.

I believe their reason for no damage numbers was immersion but yeah at least having the option to turn them on would be nice. Then again it might be there I did not tear into the options that much.
    I would be Ok with that but if addons can avoid these restrictions there is no point in them anyway.
    There is no option for now but the UI might be changed a bit for release so maybe there will be an option, who knows.

Deleted
    Well WoW standard interface was very very bad for most of the time and is still bad. For Arena and heroic raids i still need 15+ addons to work. As long as your opponents have access to addons , you are forced to use them anyway.

In the end you can expect a lot wow like addons for TESO.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2014-02-19 at 11:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I think The Fiend was going overboard by a lot with his tone and argument, I agree with his core premise.

This game is NOT Elder Scrolls, not by any stretch of the imagination. The lore IS being shat on, quite excessively so, and if you are a real TES fan you will really take issue with that, most of us anyway.

Like I stated in my little impression post a few pages ago, the game has numerous other issues that make it worse than comparative MMOs in my opinion, but where it most certainly fails is as a TES title. It has none of the immersion, atmosphere or freedom that the TES games offer, and that is - like it or not - what TES players look for.

If you approach the game as "oh cool i get to play a generic MMO in this universe and not care about the lore?" then yeah, you'll enjoy it for a time. Any other approach, such as "let's compare it to any TES game ever" or "let's compare it to the best MMOs on the market" is not in TESO's favour, sadly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Thats because Khajit are Crack Addicts, thieves and lying scoundrels. It's sort of what they are designed to be.
    And have the best racial .

Eye of Night lesser power : Night-Eye for 30 seconds on Self (0 magicka cost)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    This game is NOT Elder Scrolls, not by any stretch of the imagination. The lore IS being shat on, quite excessively so, and if you are a real TES fan you will really take issue with that, most of us anyway.
    As I explained time and time again, ES lore is ambiguous. Just like real life history, everyone has their own view and interpretation. If you think the stuff you read in UESP is somehow "official canon" you are doing it wrong.

Any info on the next beta weekends / open beta / pre-order guaranteed beta? Cmon...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    As I explained time and time again, ES lore is ambiguous. Just like real life history, everyone has their own view and interpretation. If you think the stuff you read in UESP is somehow "official canon" you are doing it wrong.
    Most of lore is from ingame book sources.
    http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Books

(i am so gona be hated now because i am right )

And yeah ESO is not in same world as old elder scrolls. Its more like a diferent dimension. (wich sucks)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post

it's still not 100% canon lore, because ESO takes place in the lore-hole, anything could happen and it could be wrap with the approach: "for the next 500 years nobody was allowed to talk about it and so it was forgotten and unseen in single player games which took place 1000 years after ESO" :P

Or lets just say we are playing in the pararell universe (just like Draenor in WoW newest expansion), I know I am gonna be hated :P

And honestly? I am considering ESO as a pararell universe, which I can experience with open mind. It releases you from the shackles of "wtf, but it was different in old elder scrolls, wtf!" :P

EDIT: I see your edit, now you wrote "And yeah ESO is not in same world as old elder scrolls. Its more like a diferent dimension. (wich sucks)". Well, we agree.

BTW: Any info on the next beta weekends / open beta / pre-order guaranteed beta? Cmon...
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2014-02-19 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post

That's my point, and if you pay attention to those ingame book sources, they are all either biased, incomplete, or inaccurate, or a combination of them, depending on the author and his agenda. One book says the Tribunal killed Nerevarine themselves. Another book says they didn't. Which one do you believe? That's just an example of the ambiguity.

Don't treat ES lore as any other game lore where there is only one "correct" version of history or events.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    Any info on the next beta weekends / open beta / pre-order guaranteed beta? Cmon...
    There are yet no information.
    However rumor has it that there will be at least one more beta weekend before release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    While I think The Fiend was going overboard by a lot with his tone and argument, I agree with his core premise.

Like I stated in my little impression post a few pages ago, the game has numerous other issues that make it worse than comparative MMOs in my opinion, but where it most certainly fails is as a TES title. It has none of the immersion, atmosphere or freedom that the TES games offer, and that is - like it or not - what TES players look for.

If you approach the game as "oh cool i get to play a generic MMO in this universe and not care about the lore?" then yeah, you'll enjoy it for a time. Any other approach, such as "let's compare it to any TES game ever" or "let's compare it to the best MMOs on the market" is not in TESO's favour, sadly.
    It is an Elder Scrolls game. Sorry. It has Elder Scrolls in the title and just because you're pulling the "no true scotsman" bullshit on the game doesn't make it any less so.

World of Warcraft shares none of the gameplay elements of the original 3 Warcraft RTS games. You know why? because it would never work in an MMO environment. It's stupid to expect the same amount of gameplay freedom that single player games offer in an MMO. It's a different genre, sharing the same world and lore as the previous.

As far as immersion and atmosphere, I experienced plenty of that in just the beta.

I understand there are people out there that are upset because you can't steal 1000 loafs of bread and put buckets on the heads of guards and then giggle about it while making youtube videos with shitty music, but MMOs wouldn't work in that environment when EVERYONE decides to troll everyone else. There has to be restrictions, rules, and guidelines.