Deleted
    You know what kind of Spin-Off I'd play? a good old-fashioned adventure set in the elderscrolls world. The Dark Eye adventures from Daedalic showed how atmospheric such games can be, and you can also do a very storydriven game.

I know this is no happening, just a thought. (although telltale could...nah)

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    7 minute official video on blacksmithing if anyone is interested

Nothing new though, if you crafted during the beta you already know the system.
    Lol'ed at "killing your distant relatives"

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how crafting is being handled. It reminds me a lot of Runescape. Yes, Runescape... that beginners and childhood MMO/ It was one thing I hated from my transition from Runescape to WOW. I now got brought down to two professions. Runescape let me do them all as I pleased and I even had a nice forum based business and several gatherers who I had hired under me. They got flax and ore for me and I payed them slightly below current market value in exchange for always being open to their sale. To me it was cheap and to them it was convenience. Plus anyone remember world 55 rune running :P I quit before the Grand Exchange was added. I started wow right before TBC was out to give a time frame. Heck I remember when Runescape separated free to play runes from Member runes (the kind you mined) I was so pissed because I knew Runes would jump in price... I was right :P taught younger me capitalism. Had to let go of all my free member gatherers . Stupid Big Jagex regulations!

I am thinking I will be able to do this in ESO too. Especially with guilds that currently have no auction house holds. Are we able to normally trade with other players? If so I would love to do a forum based business again. I found it more personal and fun than just putting something on the auction house.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2014-02-19 at 05:03 PM.

Thanks to Squeeze and Zanag for explain the more healer oriented options. I guess I didn't think enough outside the box (that a Templar could use light armor and restoration staffs)
    Stumpe - The cutest plushie ever made. Greatest hobby ever!

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I am thinking I will be able to do this in ESO too. Especially with guilds that currently have no auction house holds. Are we able to normally trade with other players? If so I would love to do a forum based business again. I found it more personal and fun than just putting something on the auction house.
    You will be able to trade, yes - and I'm SURE you'll find people who will be willing to forage for you. Might be a while before prices settle to something reasonable though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliandal View Post
    You will be able to trade, yes - and I'm SURE you'll find people who will be willing to forage for you. Might be a while before prices settle to something reasonable though
    It was what kept me in Runescape longer until my switch to wow. It just became a business simulator XD. I have a feeling that since not every guild will have access to the auction houses. There will be a niche market via the forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to create an account on the Tamriel Foundry, but both ESOhead and the Foundry are slow as a snail. Anyone else experiencing this?

I suppose their servers may be a bit busy, but what in the hell. :s
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by himlaklar View Post
    Thanks to Squeeze and Zanag for explain the more healer oriented options. I guess I didn't think enough outside the box (that a Templar could use light armor and restoration staffs)
    Heh, no problem with that. If you have anymore questions on the healing situation on this game I'm glad to help out.

Hmm... I'm wondering now how the abilities are classified. Are ultimate abilities and normal activated abilities the same when looking at passives that grant benefit for each ability slotted?

Like in shadow there's the passive that says you get 2 or 3% more hp for each slotted shadow skill. Would consuming darkness qualify to grant that benefit or is it limited to just the other 5 skills?

Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post
    Going to create an account on the Tamriel Foundry, but both ESOhead and the Foundry are slow as a snail. Anyone else experiencing this?

Not sure about the Foundry - but if you have an account with any of the other ZAM sites, you could try the unified login (wowhead, torhead, any of their UI sites, etc) Should work with your original email address and password for the original site.

I'd imagine that yeah, they're getting hit hard. The foundry I can understand, since it's a sort of private enterprise. However for ESOhead - not so much. ZAM should know better

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I like how crafting is being handled. It reminds me a lot of Runescape. Yes, Runescape... that beginners and childhood MMO/ It was one thing I hated from my transition from Runescape to WOW. I now got brought down to two professions. Runescape let me do them all as I pleased and I even had a nice forum based business and several gatherers who I had hired under me. They got flax and ore for me and I payed them slightly below current market value in exchange for always being open to their sale. To me it was cheap and to them it was convenience. Plus anyone remember world 55 rune running :P I quit before the Grand Exchange was added. I started wow right before TBC was out to give a time frame. Heck I remember when Runescape separated free to play runes from Member runes (the kind you mined) I was so pissed because I knew Runes would jump in price... I was right :P taught younger me capitalism. Had to let go of all my free member gatherers . Stupid Big Jagex regulations!

Actually, the crafting system (and my first encounter with a specialized forge) was a major factor in my decision to give the game a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    There isn't much need for technological advance when you have magic. It makes sense to have both, but as long as people can throw volcanoes at you, technology is less meaningful.
    Not so much. Why does technology advance? To make the impossible possible. It's simply part of who we are as humans. We seek to do more with what we have. It shouldn't be too much of a stretch to give that same trait to all of the TES races but even if we restrict it to only the human sub-types that still leaves us with some groups in the TES world trying to progress.

So now we add magic into the mix. Yes you can do a lot with magic. But at the end of the day only a small subset of individuals can use magic at the "tossing volcanoes" level. And really only a fraction of the population is even capable of magic use directly, instead relying on those who are capable to provide any benefit. At the end of the day some guy somewhere is pushing a cart or swinging a sword using nothing but the sweat of his brow.

At some point that guy or several of those guys is going to look up and say "bleh, there has GOT to be a better way". If magic were the answer, assuming that our progression with technology is any indicator, then magic would be even more pervasive and you would see a lot more in the way of mundane tasks handled by simple magic cantrips and the like. Summon a minor daedra to wash your clothes and dry them or something (i.e. a clothes washing machine).

And if magic cannot spread and be used that easily then technology would be the next logical progression. The person who is pushing the cart, who can't find any way to have mundane magic handle the task for him, would perhaps start looking at ways to make it happen more efficiently than with brute force.

So while I wouldn't say that over the course of the thousands of years of TES history, technology should have reached the same point we have, I think the accomplishments should have reached the same level, whether through similar progression of magic or the use of technology where magic is unavailable.

The only other options are to assume the psychology of all inhabitants is wildly different from those of Earth or the rules of physics preclude technological advancement or the Tamriel powers that be are purposely holding any such advancement back, an approach to lore that would be heavy handed in the extreme.

10+ Year Old Account
    the main reason we wont see a jump in technology in ESO is because it is in the second era.

every game except for Skyrim takes place in the end of the 3rd era with only a few decades separating them, In fact Morrowind takes place only a few years before Oblivion. Skyrim takes place in the 4th era 200 years after Oblivion

ESO is the past.

I think it's more that looking between ESO and skyrim, skyrim doesn't seem all that advanced in comparison?

Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post

Tamriel Foundry says they plan to upgrade their servers next week.

Deleted
    Short question: Is beta completly over? their page says 8days offline already

Deleted
    I was in the beta the last betaweekend and i remember that restoration and destruction staff abilities costet mana and not stamina. But now esohead shows stamina in their skill Calculator.

So did they change this ? Do I simply remember that wrong or did esohead do a mistake ?

A link to the Calc with some points spend in the staff-trees: http://esohead.com/calculator/skills...zanQ6zanX6zanS

Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    Short question: Is beta completly over? their page says 8days offline already
    No, their internal beta is ongoing, and there will be at least one more weekend beta in the future, hopefully more.

Anyone have any experience with or speculation based on gameplay passed level 10 for a Medium armor Nightblade using a bow primarily? Damage, survivability, utility, party dynamics, etc...

Looking for gameplay similar to a Skyrim Bow wileding Nightingale type character

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post

Looking for gameplay similar to a Skyrim Bow wileding Nightingale type character
    Could you be a tad more descriptive on that? How exactly did you play a 'nightingale'?

edit: since really, the main thing about the nightingale in game was a being that dedicated their life to Nocturnal and was associated with a band of thieves. Most of the typical 'thief' actions aren't exactly present as I've seen in the betas (beyond sneaking around at least)
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2014-02-19 at 06:28 PM.