Deleted

Question League of Legends playerbase

Greetings everyone.

This is my first post ever, and I don't want it to be a QQ post, so rather, I'll try to be as straightforward as possible, and avoid QQing x).

on to the topic: I've noticed an (really steep) increase in "lol I mid or I feed" players in LoL; players who pick mage chars even after someone else picked and called "mid" lane (some times about 15 seconds after), and while I don't really want to get into details, I'd just like to hear your opinion.

-Are we getting more "Tards", feeders and trollers at level 30 matches, because of the recent popularity boom in LoL?

-Are the other players who don't do the above, more passive to the whole thing going on? (I remember that when LoL was just released, and only a handfull of champs were available like the "endless backdooring, tower-stunning" Twisted fate, that players actually FLAMED the trolls and "noobs" who played like the childs I'm posting about. -To the point that ANYONE insta-picking or not obeying to the "etiquete" of the champ-select screen were almost doomed to be reported, with the whole team uniting and vouching for the enemy to report (which they did)

just to illustrate my point : last 6 or 7 matches, today and yesterday ,not counting for matches I dodged (mundo support? double AD carry bot lane? xD etc...) , I had at LEAST one of those cases in my team. Also, players that think they're funny and spam random nonsence in the chat, after feeding the game in a downwards spirall intoa lost game , 15 minutes into the match)

now, this is somewhat offtopic, but still, somehow in-topic : should I play a more competitive (and by consequence, more (sigh...)"underground" game? not open to such a bad Kids-QQ-Retardedness-fest?) with some more ... decency on the internet?

what are your thoughts on this? (LoL is starting to lose most, if not all its appeal to me xD )

thanks for reading, and sorry for the long QQ, T.T , rant post , I guess I couldn't help it :P

As far as team comps go, I find the whole notion that "You must play 1 jungler, 1 ad carry / supp bot, 1 mage mid, 1 bruiser top" to be nonsensical.

Fine, if someone wants to win in ranked games, they can stack their team with a perfect setup, but that "tryhard" attitude is not really welcome in normal games.

Games can be won easily with 2 mage setup, 3 mage setup, no jungler setup, no support setup, 5 tank setup, and a huge variety of other combinations. I've seen games won with 3x laner, 1x jungler, 1 roamer setups, 2x jungler setups, and so on. I absolutely abhor people who scream at champ select that I must pick support or tank because every other "role" has been taken. And I won't be forced into picking a tank or a support because I took a little extra time with my champ select, and didn't grab an AP or an AD within the first 5 secs.

The # 1 killer of teams in game are people who refuse to cooperate / give-up because their teammate picked a suboptimal character.

Fine, if someone wants to win in ranked games, they can stack their team with a perfect setup, but that "tryhard" attitude is not really welcome in normal games.
    True, if the opposing team is also arranged sloppily. Which is often the case in normals. Hench, the "anything can happen in normals!" cliche.

Should one run into a proper composition the sloppily composed team of the two will likely be smashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    True, if the opposing team is also arranged sloppily. Which is often the case in normals. Hench, the "anything can happen in normals!" cliche.

Should one run into a proper composition the sloppily composed team of the two will likely be smashed.
    Skill has far more relevance to a particular game's outcome than team composition does.

Teamwork, even more so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Skill has far more relevance to a particular game's outcome than team composition does.

Teamwork, even more so.
    But you don't know how skilled your team mates are and you don't know how skilled the other team is. Same goes with teamwork. The only thing you can do is try get a good team composition, you are hindering yourself if you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by quosk1867 View Post
    But you don't know how skilled your team mates are and you don't know how skilled the other team is. Same goes with teamwork. The only thing you can do is try get a good team composition, you are hindering yourself if you don't.
    Not if people have to play characters / roles they aren't good at though.

In a typical normal game, people aren't willing to adjust around other peoples' preferences. If nobody wants to shift, its better to pick someone you're really good at and let the dice fall where they may, rather than try to pick a character you're not proficient with for the sake of a good comp.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post

Teamwork, even more so.
    Well, LOL assumes equal skill among players matched. So all things being equal, one can not outskill the basic resources of the map. Which is what the meta-game is based around.

No matter how skilled you are as 5 tanks in lane, an equally skilled team with a proper comp will beat you. There is no way your skill grants resource acquisition at a rate that is somehow magical.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-05-08 at 08:26 PM.

i just love to crush a solo top with a duo top on our side and deny him all xp, leaving him useless even with help from his jungler.
    but yeah, lol "community" is just as bad as it can be, but so are 99% of online multiplayer games imo.

trolls and flamers can be easily found at lvl 30- matches too as so many people are making smurf accounts.

you act like everyone who gets to 30 knows every single champ and what they do and then expect them to select appropriately based on whoever calls first mid. for normal games with random ppl i expect ppl to play whatever toon they want because thats what i do. Now there is no excuse for being a tard in chat but that exist in every aspect of life....games included.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Well, LOL assumes equal skill among players matched. So all things being equal, one can not outskill the basic resources of the map. Which is what the meta-game is based around.

No matter how skilled you are as 5 tanks in lane, an equally skilled team with a proper comp will beat you. There is no way your skill grants resource acquisition at a rate that is somehow magical.
    LOL assumes that equal win ratio == equal skill, because its the best approximation they can get in a matchmaking setup.

It is clearly very flawed. The one time out of a hundred you do get a team of equal skill, sure, I'll concur that a perfect setup beats an imperfect one. However that one time so few and far between that its not worth obsessing over.