Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Stereotypes for Individual Champions?

This recent topic in the LoL boards here made me think about how certain champions are associated with certain types of behavior in-game, so I was wondering if you also noticed that?

Some of the trends I've seen or at least heard about are:
    -The "Easy Mode" champions (Tryndamere, Master Yi, etc.) attract those who like to brag about every kill they get as if they're a gaming god.
    -AD carries are assholes in general, but I've find Ashe and Caitlyn players to be the biggest examples of the AD Carry Asshole in motion.
    -The number of Karthus players that follow the "Press R" memes are large in number.
    -Some of the ganker champions (most notably Shaco) attract the same crowd that Male Undead Rogues in WoW get as the ganker stereotype.
    -Some the unpopular champions (notably Trundle) have all the cool and calm players.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2012-04-27 at 04:34 AM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    My Tryns are all asses. Never met a Twitch that I liked. People who only call AD Bot in Ranked don't know to carry.

Deleted
    All Evelynn's are trolls or people who think they can play Evelynn usefully. They always feed.

Generally i see Volibear players always being overconfident and feeding as well... I don't know why people don't just realize Volibear sucks at the moment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    This recent topic in the LoL boards here made me think about how certain champions are associated with certain types of behavior in-game, so I was wondering if you also noticed that?

Some of the trends I've seen or at least heard about are:
    -The "Easy Mode" champions (Tryndamere, Master Yi, etc.) attract those who like to brag about every kill they get as if they're a gaming god.
    -AD carries are assholes in general, but I've find Ashe and Caitlyn players to be the biggest examples of the AD Carry Asshole in motion.
    -The number of Karthus players that follow the "Press R" memes are large in number.
    -Some of the ganker champions (most notably Shaco) attract the same crowd that Male Undead Rogues in WoW get as the ganker stereotype.
    -Some the unpopular champions (notably Trundle) have all the cool and calm players.
    Haha, I really agree with Trynd, Yi and Ashe.

Also Yi, always towerdiving idiots, who don't care if they die as long as they get a kill.

Personally I like Shaco, but not because he's a ganker, but just because he's a crazy ass motherf*cker. Those kind of characters always attract me. I mostly play him or Fiddlesticks, and I've grown to like Riven awell.
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2012-04-27 at 03:21 PM.

Deleted
    What's with the Ashe bashing? srsly, arrow of destiny to the face !
    J/K. I tend to buy champs with few counters, but I (think) am not a douche in game (unless somebody really gets under my skins, happens mebe once every 2 months).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by athanasios View Post
    Generally i see Volibear players always being overconfident and feeding as well... I don't know why people don't just realize Volibear sucks at the moment.
    Oddly enough I've also run into the Volibear players that do rather stupid things at times.

And just had a Yi player yell at me for killstealing in a bot game...
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    For me, I always see people play characters like Teemo(and Twitch too,as well as some other champs) and they will bitch endlessly if you get a killsteal.

And then they spend every second of the game doing nothing BUT kill stealing other people.

Probably just my bad luck at running into people like that all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by personn5 View Post
    For me, I always see people play characters like Teemo(and Twitch too,as well as some other champs) and they will bitch endlessly if you get a killsteal.

And then they spend every second of the game doing nothing BUT kill stealing other people.

Probably just my bad luck at running into people like that all the time.
    No not just your bad luck.

OT: I agree with the Yi responses also people who play vlad and morgana players are self intitled douches.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cho'gath players are such gentlemen and scholars.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Cho'gath players are such gentlemen and scholars.
    This.

Also, Renekton players are INTERIOR CROCODILE ALLIGATORS that drive Chevrolet movie theah-ters.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, Jax players drive me up the damn wall. Nearly every one I've played with has been a arrogant, insulting douchebag who rages "1v1 ME NEWB" when they get ganked. While I have seen other champs display this attitude, Jax is the most consistent.

On the flip side, I'd say just about every Taric I've seen has been calm, funny, and downright pleasant to play with or against.
    Princesses can kill knights to rescue dragons.

Vladamirs... always stealing my blue buffs >.>

Anivia... always terrible, or outright trolls trying to kill us all

Ahri players. The. Worst. Feeders. Ahri free week is a living hell.

Most Alistars and Trundle players tend to be good! Huzzah!

But then Irelias and Chogaths think they are Wicked and HotshotGG and utterly ruin games. :'[

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by athanasios View Post
    All Evelynn's are trolls or people who think they can play Evelynn usefully. They always feed.

Evelynn is hard to survive in pre 6 level of a game, she has no damage, no mana to ravage, 10 second stealth, and no hatespike (due to mana problems).
    When i play Eve, and my bot lane comrade getting focused, i can't peel anyone off him because of no damage at all.
    But when i take 3rd rank of ravage, hatespike and sheen (5 level) i start gank people and harras supports/ap carries. In teamfights, if needale is in our team, she can drop someone health to 50% with spears, so i can 2 shot them and flash away, so 5v5 becomes 4v5.

And all voli i have seen - was good players.
    Ashe, yi, trynd - all assholes.
    Renekton - cowards, who don't know that this is the best solo-top bruiser in the game.
    Karthus - high rated (EGO and ELO) players, who:
    If winning - brag about them being awesome and their Q hits like a truck
    If loosing - whines about team being so noob and low rated that he want to punch kittens
    Sona - UNLT AFTER TEAMFIGHT SO I CAN STUN ONE RUNNING AWAY CHAMP
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Ashe trynd and master yi all seem to be BM

Deleted
    All Fizz player i have met so far have been quite nice, and good aswell... They may make happy smileys in chat to show their happiness, because fizz will never do bad in a game...
    Most tanks are usually kinda nice, but if the team is doing bad they will brag about it and rage...
    Talon player are also like... Im a gaming god... That is ofcourse if they do well... Otherwise they tend to write something like )(?&(!=#/%!#("/%!"#(/% in chat...
    Olaf players are always overconfident, and you will be aswell if you play him... He makes one feel that you are immortal because of the fact that his damage at low healt is godlike... Towerdiving 2 people thinking you will win... Meh...

But really you can't always say that all that play one champion is the same way, but these are some of the tendencies i have taken note of...+

10+ Year Old Account
    Also forgot to mention this one: The champs with knockback abilities (primarily Alistar and Janna, Vayne somewhat) will use their knockbacks to help the enemy out, mostly by letting them escape. I swear those players are that obsessed with their knockback button...
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2012-05-02 at 06:56 AM.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

No one knows how to play Ashe properly T.T

Deleted
    Most of the Lee Sin's i've met are full of themselves douchebags who will brag about getting kills and threaten to start feeding just because they got ganked. No idea why.

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Also forgot to mention this one: The champs with knockback abilities (primarily Alistar and Janna, Vayne somewhat) will use their knockbacks to help the enemy out, mostly by letting them escape. I swear those players are that obsessed with their knockback button...
    Just wanna say, in Alistar's case, hitting knockbacks can be kinda tough because of ms/lag, and that positioning is pretty tough unless you knock them up first.

But in a lot of cases, like you say, they'll knock them away, all the time.