Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    personally i'm having heck of a time when i pvp with my shadow priest (i hated until this build) with proper silence/cc arrangement, we're like invincible. really.

i dont see any problems with spriests... look at rogues

Man, spriest is fun as hell and competitive in DPS. Maybe the reason they're not majorly revamping is because spriests are already in a good place. If it ain't broke, don't fix it...pretty sure Blizz should try to live by that one because why redesign every single class every single time if you've found a formula that works on a few of them? I am happy with mine, I know that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play shadow as my main spec. To say the least I was severely disappointed when shadow priests were first showcased at blizzcon, and finally when the beta was released. Thankfully, I am happy to see some great specs in the right direction (master changes, DP changes, apparitions being a proc, etc)

That said, there are still a few things I'd like to see fixed.

- Our class level 87 ability is incredibly situational, and on a large cooldown. I personally find it a bit lackluster knowing that in order to get any use out of our ability, we need to be in a party or raid, and it needs to be off a 6 minute cooldown. I personally would like to see a completely different ability be our "big MoP ability," but if it must be void shift, at least give it a cooldown where we'll get to see it multiple times during an arena, bg, or raid encounter.
    - Spectral guise still needs major work. It breaks far too easily, and the inability to cast while "stealthed" sort of leaves its purpose at escape, and then it's just a half-assed 1-6 second escape.
    - I would like to see more than just 2 ways for us to dump our orbs. Especially when one of them is specifically for PvP (so what choice do we have with regard to orbs in PvE?)
    Kil'Jaeden - US

Thanks to Lilliputia for the amazing signature!

DP hitting like a truck, healing like mad, instant cast. DoT. Scales with 60% of SP (wich is rather high considering scaling from other classes as well).
    It doesn't stick a huge dildo in Paladins asses, but that's a good way to dump orb.

Technically you don't have to be in a party or raid to use void shift. You can voidshift your shadowfiend/mindbender :P

But I agree, the 6min CD seems a bit long.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    You can voidshift your shadowfiend/mindbender :P
    You can't do that.

I actually love how shadow priest works in the beta atm. The fact that we won't get to much new stuff is even better as I've played it for so long that I want this experience to be worth anything :>

It's still rather new though so I'll have a lot to learn/find etc.

I havn't been on the beta for about two weeks but at that time it was possible to shift with your SF, probably have changed that now though as it would be a crazy good cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickdiculous View Post
    I like your spelling. pretty pro.

But it actually crossed my mind to switch my main from a mage to my spriest as well. The rotation and abilities are getting completely reworked, hell they just changed how orbs and mastery and devouring plague worked, again. I'm excited to see how they do come live.
    1. "Pretty pro" is not a correct sentence, you should have used a comma instead. Not to mention the fact that the "p" was not capitalized.
    2. In the sentence below you say "to switch my main from a mage to my spriest", the words "Change" or "Swap" would be correct there.
    3. You start listing spells using "and" between them, the correct way would be the following:
    "...how orbs, mastery and devouring plague worked..."
    4. The word "worked" is wrong. Even though the change happened a long time ago the change of said spells are still active and you should therefor have used "works".
    5. "I'm excited to see how they do come live" is not a correctly writen sentence.

Almost every sentence is constructed badly, please read up on "Sentence construction".

I don't write good/type/spell good in any way, but I realy hate people complaining do as you did, complain while beeing so far from good yourself.

Deleted
    Reading these forums sometimes, it feels like ALL classes are the worst come Mists, mostly because Blizzard is changing something that the OP liked/didn't like or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by eErike View Post
    I actually love how shadow priest works in the beta atm. The fact that we won't get to much new stuff is even better as I've played it for so long that I want this experience to be worth anything :>

It's still rather new though so I'll have a lot to learn/find etc.

I havn't been on the beta for about two weeks but at that time it was possible to shift with your SF, probably have changed that now though as it would be a crazy good cooldown.

1. "Pretty pro" is not a correct sentence, you should have used a comma instead. Not to mention the fact that the "p" was not capitalized.
    2. In the sentence below you say "to switch my main from a mage to my spriest", the words "Change" or "Swap" would be correct there.
    3. You start listing spells using "and" between them, the correct way would be the following:
    "...how orbs, mastery and devouring plague worked..."
    4. The word "worked" is wrong. Even though the change happened a long time ago the change of said spells are still active and you should therefor have used "works".
    5. "I'm excited to see how they do come live" is not a correctly writen sentence.

Almost every sentence is constructed badly, please read up on "Sentence construction".

I don't write good/type/spell good in any way, but I realy hate people complaining do as you did, complain while beeing so far from good yourself.
    I do hope your own sentence construction was tongue in cheek. If not, I highly suggest YOU read up on "spell check" and adjective/noun/verb usage.

---------- Post added 2012-05-06 at 11:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    Reading these forums sometimes, it feels like ALL classes are the worst come Mists, mostly because Blizzard is changing something that the OP liked/didn't like or whatever.
    I think people are confusing a beta test with a finished product; Blizzard has said multiple times that they are still iterating abilities rapidly. Additionally, the numbers passes are still ongoing.

I think most shadowpriests are quite happy at the moment. Those who aren't probably haven't tried it out on the beta and base their opinion of what they've read.

Quote Originally Posted by Giiggity View Post
    I do hope your own sentence construction was tongue in cheek. If not, I highly suggest YOU read up on "spell check" and adjective/noun/verb usage.
    Sadly not, hence the last sentence in the whole post. Actually going to spend a few months trying to fix it in Australia, untill then I just rage about idiots trying to act cool on the internet

@Ryotte:

The only reason why shadows are in a good place atm is because of the 4p t13 bonus. When that's gone we'll stuck in the RNG swamp again.
    That's probably why blizzard is doing something about it in MoP

Deleted
    Shadowpriest is a class/specc I would really love to lvl and try for MoP, it's really amazing (fan of the dark wings!)
    And the new changes look nice and nothing is old for me as I have never played this class before!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    You can't do that.
    You could as of Tuesday, so unless they changed something on Wednesday I don't see why you can't.

As of the recent changes (DP becoming orb dump, etc), I absolutely love the MoP implementation of Shadow. They made Orbs a more active mechanic, while maintaining our mix of DoT damage and direct damage, and made our self healing somewhat meaningful without being too ridiculous. I am concerned that our self healing with the Glyph of Dark Binding is too strong in PVP, as that glyph + glyph of POM is pretty much a personal word of glory. I feel practically unkillable in any duel or 1v1 pvp setting (Yes, I know duels don't matter). I miss the numerous mana regeneration abilities we had in Cata, but the VT mana return isn't too bad. We do need dispel protection added back to VT, somehow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow seems like it's getting treated well on the beta imo. A hell of a lot better than Affliction anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    You could as of Tuesday, so unless they changed something on Wednesday I don't see why you can't.
    It was changed when the tooltip changed from friendly targets to party and raid targets... That was even before Void Shift became the level 87 spell.

Hmm.. Strange. I know that I did it before. Oh well, ignore me :P

All and all, I think they have good ideas coming and as far as im concerned, our main competitors (hybrid ranged dps' ele sham and boomkin) I think we are still going to come out better come launch. So anyone honestly complaining about the talent tree now, its not even finished. People just need to be patient. I swear everyone is crazy if they think we are gonna be like BC bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tollfree View Post
    All and all, I think they have good ideas coming and as far as im concerned, our main competitors (hybrid ranged dps' ele sham and boomkin) I think we are still going to come out better come launch. So anyone honestly complaining about the talent tree now, its not even finished. People just need to be patient. I swear everyone is crazy if they think we are gonna be like BC bad.
    If people don't complain/do the math/review beta stuff they wont know what to change and how much, you know kinda the point of the beta.