Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by Viceversa; 2012-05-14 at 04:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    http://i.imgur.com/jDihJ.png

My highest KB count in 1 single game, so far(not counting low level chars) on my hunter.
    I did nearly 2x the damage of the horde at 2#. It was a very close match aside from that tho.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea. As a rogue I spend a significant amount of time playing defense, recapping bunkers, stealthing into Frostwolf, guarding a twr, etc. My goal is to help my team min, not rack up damage numbers. That's my role in a BG like AV especially.

Quote Originally Posted by hiddenfear91 View Post
    Not damage, but it's my new highest killing blow record on any toon. Second toon I've gotten Wrecking Ball in a random PuG now
    http://i.imgur.com/BJuWc.jpg
    Wish I had a screenshot of the time I was in Battle for Gilneas during 4.2 on my Blood DK, the entire ally team was low resil scrub cloth wearers... solo camped the GY, went 82 KB 1 Death over 150 kills

24 million on my Fire Mage. (Will put link later)
    Multi-dotting must be nerfed...

Deleted
    24 mil in 4.2 PTR as a boomkin in AV PvE gear with a pocket healer. Could probably get 36mil with gear in 4.3.

Multi-dotting is so challenging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by macdisciple View Post
    I have no idea. As a rogue I spend a significant amount of time playing defense, recapping bunkers, stealthing into Frostwolf, guarding a twr, etc. My goal is to help my team min, not rack up damage numbers. That's my role in a BG like AV especially.
    Wtb 9-39 other teammates like you <3

OT: my best damage is somewhere around 4-5 mil, pretty meh. I did however do 9 mil healing in an AV turtle on my drood a couple of days ago. Not the best numbers ever but I'm proud of them :P
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

Deleted
    My spriest went 18-3 in some WSG a short while back, and I was checking the win screen, where I'd done about 4.5 million dmg. Not bad for a 10man BG I thought. Then I saw the afflic lock above me on damage with 8.5 million. What the everloving fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyred View Post
    My spriest went 18-3 in some WSG a short while back, and I was checking the win screen, where I'd done about 4.5 million dmg. Not bad for a 10man BG I thought. Then I saw the afflic lock above me on damage with 8.5 million. What the everloving fuck.
    Cata-geared affliction lock who multi-dots.

I once saw a Frost DK do 8,5 Million damage in a 26min WSG, I have the screenshot, but i'm currently not at home. I'll post it later. He 2x the damage of the 2nd and 3th on damage(which was me, and some guy on the alliance).
    If I remember correctly, the damage done was something like this :
    Allaince :
    F-DK : 8,5M
    ??(A shaman, I believe) : 4,1M
    Horde :
    Me(BM hunter) : 3,8M
    Fire-mage : 3,4M
    3# : 2,[?]M
    feral druid(as the FC) : 1,2M
    Rest of the dps : below 1M

Ever since that BG, I have feared cata-geared Frost DK's.
    If you ever meet a cata-geared frost dk on the enemy team, and you yourself dont have full cata gear, just leave the BG. Its not worth it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rederoin View Post
    Ever since that BG, I have feared cata-geared Frost DK's.
    If you ever meet a cata-geared frost dk on the enemy team, and you yourself dont have full cata gear, just leave the BG. Its not worth it.
    This I'd have to disagree with. Frost DK's are squishy, just nuke them down. Even so, that kind of damage equals a constant 5-6k dps for the duration of the BG. Considering the downtime you have (ie when you're dead or there are no enemies to hit) that's pretty goddamn impressive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyred View Post
    This I'd have to disagree with. Frost DK's are squishy, just nuke them down. Even so, that kind of damage equals a constant 5-6k dps for the duration of the BG. Considering the downtime you have (ie when you're dead or there are no enemies to hit) that's pretty goddamn impressive.
    The problem is the other dps on your team, most of them don't tend to be that good, and if they aren't good(be it gear or skill, but gear). you're not going to have a good chance against full cata geared "BG classes", if you're still gearing up(below ruth gear). I've had BG's in which I both did far more damage and more KB's than the rest of the dps on my team. and i'm far from being full cata geared(only got the shoulders, bow, gloves, belt, wrist, and 1 ring). Like in the BG I mentioned in my previous post, one of the rogues had 4 more HK's than me(I had 25), yet I did 6x the amount of damage he did.

I posted such a game before :
    Quote Originally Posted by rederoin View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/jDihJ.png

My highest KB count in 1 single game, so far(not counting low level chars) on my hunter.
    I did nearly 2x the damage of the horde at 2#. It was a very close match aside from that tho.

While I do think damage does not mean everything, it certainly is a important aspect. A team with every dps doing 4.000.000 damage in a WSG against a team with every dps doing 2.000.000 damage has a far higher chance to win(assuming both sides have the same amount of healers)
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2012-05-22 at 08:51 AM.

Deleted
    Personally my spriest is well geared, probably better than most. However I also play alts, whose gear level varies. The gear mismatch can mean less or more depending on what class you're fighting. For instance, when my mage was undergeared frost DK's destroyed me, while warriors were less of a problem. On my warrior who I've just geared up, a couple of frost DK's were hammering on me in Twin Peaks the other day, and I was able to kill one, then rallying cry+enraged regen+victory rush and then destroy the 2nd frost DK as well.

Also, I wouldn't get too hung up on overall damage (despite the title of the thread). It's related to kills and effectiveness, but isn't necessarily a great guide. For instance, let's say an afflic lock goes up against a resto druid who's flag carrying in WSG. He fully dots him, fears him, keeps dotting, but just can't get through the druids hots. Eventually the druid runs out of cooldowns and the the lock pops trinket, demon soul and kills him in a deathcoil+blanket silence. Now compare that to a rogue who comes in, saps the druid, waits for hots to drop off, then goes garotte into kidney into dance and kills the druid in about 15 seconds. Both players will have gained 1 KB, 1 HK, 1 flag return, and the afflic lock will have done a lot more damage. However the rogue will have helped his team more (usually) by dropping the FC quicker. Another example, I've been in several arena's where the other team or a member of their team has done a lot more damage, but my team has won because we made our damage count more and scored a kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    12million with my ruthless geared boomkin (few pieces of ctalysmic) an a gy farm at twin peaks. Mushrooms. dots and starfall ftw
    ~May the goat be with you~

Quote Originally Posted by karydas View Post
    12million with my ruthless geared boomkin (few pieces of ctalysmic) an a gy farm at twin peaks. Mushrooms. dots and starfall ftw
    That makes me want to level a druid so bad :/

Deleted
    Does Tol Barad count?

I got something like 11 Million on my Fire Mage. Combustion - Impact in the middle of the clusterfucks is <3.

Deleted
    Wrong forum i suppose... Thought was pvp but its pve

Then they nerfed aimed shot.

I should have known better than to one shot a mage. Blizzard doesn't forgive for such insolence.

27Mill, vs. a actual good premade.

http://imgur.com/Sav5J

10+ Year Old Account
    500 Million damage in a hour and a half Rathrak AV premade with my Cunning/Variable Lightning Capacitor/Rath'rak boomkin... 105 KB's.. 1 death. Should've SC'd but didn't.

Playing as a fire mage I focused more on getting as much mass burst and DoT damage as possible at once, rather than total damage done. Rarely actually measured it though, I think I reached close to 1 million damage at the docks flag in Isle of Conquest with all my DoTs spread by fireblast. Didn't get any kills due to the mass healing. The most amount of simultaneous kills I got from this was 5 in Arathi Basin when everyone was hugging the stables flag, and 7 in a Tol Barad match.