Jewelcrafting, - How can i make goldz?

So, i just came back after a 3/4 year break. And iv started fresh, new alt on a new server due to being on a severely under populated server now. (RIP Neptulon-EU Horde side will sadly be missed).

I relevelled a rogue about 3 weeks back, and its going smashing, having alot of fun, doing 30k-40k dps with 388 ilvl pve gear also have full pvp conq / ruthless gear.

Now it was time for me to level professions. I finished leveling JC and its the first time iv ever had JC.

So im kinda new to how to make gold with it. Is it simple?

Do i just buy say X amount of stacks of Pyrite/Elementium ore, prospect it, cut the blue quality gems out of it, sell it on AH = profit ??

What can you explain to me on how to make golds with this? Keep it simple please, my english isnt all that great hehe, sorry for any mistakes, and thanks in advance!

tbh, i wanted to start with...if you need to ask how to make money with JC, you should pick other proffesion

blue gems are pretty much a waste of time now, unless they are red cuz those still can be sold for decent price. atm best money is in meta gems, but you need a alc transmuter for that (but i recommend that anyway, tons of gold i made with it). So pretty much just buy or mine obsidian/elementium. More low quality gems with obsidium which you need more for meta gems. In Hyjal is pretty easy to mine obsidum today cuz most bots are in Highlands.

anyway, JC alone is not that good money at this moment. In combo with Transmute its a winner.

Deleted
    Making the PvP rings / necks give you a nice profit (Atleast on my server) Spent around 100 - 200g on mats and its a guarantee to make a double profit. (The ones that require red gems can sell for 1k even if you are lucky)

They sell good because people buy them to get into LFR / start doing bgs.

Quote Originally Posted by dim View Post
    tbh, i wanted to start with...if you need to ask how to make money with JC, you should pick other proffesion

blue gems are pretty much a waste of time now, unless they are red cuz those still can be sold for decent price. atm best money is in meta gems, but you need a alc transmuter for that (but i recommend that anyway, tons of gold i made with it). So pretty much just buy or mine obsidian/elementium. More low quality gems with obsidium which you need more for meta gems. In Hyjal is pretty easy to mine obsidum today cuz most bots are in Highlands.

anyway, JC alone is not that good money at this moment. In combo with Transmute its a winner.
    You can also combo it with Enchanting to make a larger profit from prospecting-- crafting all non-red gems into necklaces and rings and then disenchanting them will increase the money you can pull in. If you go the enchanting route, I suggest selling off all shards and essences, but saving hypnotic dusts until Mists, unless you need the money right now. I'd expect the value of dusts to rise as supply drops but demand for Embersilk Bags for new monk and Pandaren alts increases.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    You can also combo it with Enchanting to make a larger profit from prospecting-- crafting all non-red gems into necklaces and rings and then disenchanting them will increase the money you can pull in. If you go the enchanting route, I suggest selling off all shards and essences, but saving hypnotic dusts until Mists, unless you need the money right now. I'd expect the value of dusts to rise as supply drops but demand for Embersilk Bags for new monk and Pandaren alts increases.
    yeah i agree....but i kinda have all proffesions except tailoring and leatherworking, but so far JC/Transmute made most of my gold and with JC you really have multiple options on how to make money with few other professions.

With this xpac winding down and people not really caring about gemming and enchanting gear

making money with JC isnt the money maker it once was

i would sugest just get the main pats agi str int inferno rubys etc and try to underbid peeps in the ah

really does depend on server

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    JC and Enchanting are the 2 best combo gold making professions due to the elementium shuffle. You can also use green quality gems to make rings like the Jasper ring, hessonite rings and either sell them or DE them for enchanting mats.

Obviously red gems will always be your best selling gems because they are primary stats.