Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    That's what I'm thinking.. Even though the abbrevation looks like a cat on a keyboard hah.
    A mummorpuguhfips!

They have said that they want WoW and Titan to co-exist on the market. They cant co-exist because alot of players dont like subbing to multiple games. Blizzard is gonna either have a sub fee where your account gains access to both games or one of these is going to be F2P.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    You got a lot of stuff wrong here mate.

Titan is not F2P, and it isn't DOTA2, it's Blizzard Dota which showed us at last Blizzcon. Oh and Blizzard is currently suing Valve over the whole DOTA thing because DOTA was made using the Wc3 editor which clearly states that whatever you make using it, belongs to Blizzard.
    They're only suing Valve over the ability to call their game "dota" from what I understand. They're trying to stop them from cornering the brand name for obvious reasons. They likely can't call their game "blizzard dota" without crossing some lines if Valve succeeds in acquiring "dota 2."

In the end, they're more than likely to piss off the majority of the fan base if they push too hard, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    Well, technically you can call something like Mass Effect both a FPS and a RPG. The line is not exactly clear cut.
    Im pretty sure its 3rd person

Deleted
    The Dota 2 if a SC2 mod. I can't wait till an official announcement for Titan. I need something new and fresh =D

Deleted
    Nothing really has been confirmed. Only some passing information about a project called Titan, and they have confirmed they are making a new MMORPG.

Im excited, but im not going to be speculative. They might of had Titan as another project, and this new MMO could have a project title called Project Rizla Paper, or Project Coffee Creme ... oh thats Google that likes the food.

But you know what i'm getting at though?

We know that they are doing a new MMORPG. God is in his heavens, all is right with the world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Titan is the F2P game, and it's also already known that it would be an MMO. Seems like more of a typo than anything else.

If they ARE making 2 MMOs, it would be incredibly stupid. Also, Blizzard doesn't own the rights to DOTA. DOTA 2 is being developed by a different game studio.
    Okay, first - Titan IS not confirmed as THE F2P game. And second, Blizzard DotA and DotA 2 are actually different games.

Deleted
    i dont think DotA can be free to play considering it requires Starcraft 2, unless they allow it to be played on the starter edition.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    A mummorpuguhfips!
    Developed by Murloc Inc.

---------- Post added 2012-05-09 at 09:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Godavari View Post
    i dont think DotA can be free to play considering it requires Starcraft 2, unless they allow it to be played on the starter edition.
    That was the original plan, but they've changed that.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Vand3tz View Post
    Guessing the F2P game is DotA, which leaves the MMORPG as Titan.

We all knew it would be, but looks like it's been confirmed.

No more 'it's an FPS' rumours I guess.
    You do realize nothing has been "confirmed"? You are only taking what you know and speculating off that. Until it's officially written it could still be anything.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    They're only suing Valve over the ability to call their game "dota" from what I understand. They're trying to stop them from cornering the brand name for obvious reasons. They likely can't call their game "blizzard dota" without crossing some lines if Valve succeeds in acquiring "dota 2."

In the end, they're more than likely to piss off the majority of the fan base if they push too hard, I think.
    Sounds likely really... All that legal mumbo jumbo.

Worth remembering that the lawsuit only was started in the first place because Valve went ahead and decided to file for the trademark on 'DOTA.' I suspect nothing would've happened at all if they hadn't done that in the first place.

Blizz doesn't actually have the trademark for DOTA, but the goal of their suit is to file an injunction to prevent Valve - or anybody else - from trademarking it and causing issues.

That's my understanding of the case anyhow. Please don't tear me apart for possibly getting some of the legal terms wrong - you know what I mean.

Deleted
    unless they didn't changed the Q&A about Blizz dotA it's still in the starters edition and thus freely available for everyone.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Worth remembering that the lawsuit only was started in the first place because Valve went ahead and decided to file for the trademark on 'DOTA.' I suspect nothing would've happened at all if they hadn't done that in the first place.

Blizz doesn't actually have the trademark for DOTA, but the goal of their suit is to file an injunction to prevent Valve - or anybody else - from trademarking it and causing issues.

That's my understanding of the case anyhow. Please don't tear me apart for possibly getting some of the legal terms wrong - you know what I mean.
    This seems to be what I recall from some article aswell yes.

I really have to ask why cant people just wait for them to say somthing on this? every time they release a mission statement do we really need someone making conspiracy theory threads on what they think titan will be? Just wait for fucks sake. There is absolutely no information out on it so stop claiming that you know it will be x y or z.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    There is absolutely no information out on it so stop claiming that you know it will be x y or z.
    There actually is. Sorting though the rumors to know what is the truth is the hard part, though.

we really don't need 4 MOBA'S in this world (dota 2, dotablizzard, HoN and LoL, even more if you count dota1, bloodline champs, and some more stuff)
    I know, there are alot of fps's too, but these games are like exactly the same. (I know they aren't, but with other gametypes, you can go new directions, with dota-style games, you really can't...)
    Point is: don't really get why blizzard is making new dota, the market is kinda flooded with those games.

And titan? ppl will finally have the wow-killed they've wanted for so long but never came.

Why can't Titan be f2p, considering they're going to use real world advertisements in game to pay for it. This really tells us nothing, I think you're reading way too much into it.
    Can you show where you saw that announcement? I thought we haven't heard a single thing about the new game other than its codename.

thats a confirmation? i guess you believe the world is gona end cuse some yahoos said it to
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

Quote Originally Posted by Aksor View Post
    And titan? ppl will finally have the wow-killed they've wanted for so long but never came.
    Blizz has stated that they want to develop Titan as something that can co-exist with WoW, and players would want to play both... they've obviously got some scheme in its development to back up that kind of statement. Their goal isn't to force players to choose between one or the other, it seems.

---------- Post added 2012-05-09 at 03:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    Can you show where you saw that announcement? I thought we haven't heard a single thing about the new game other than its codename.
    There was an article a while back that confirmed it. We have no idea what 'real world advertisements' really means though in the context of the game. The most popular theory is that it would be a modern day or near-future setting that could logically include real ads, but who's to know?