Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Excellent! With all the cross-sever technology, you'd think they could do ACCOUNT-wide heirloom transfers which we've wanted forever.

Coming from a long time player, normally I would think this was bad idea and going to have a negative impact on the game, however, I've been leveling a new toon for the last couple of weeks, and I must say, 1-60 content is pretty dead. I never needed to group with anyone to complete any quests, I could que from anywhere in the world for a dungeon or PVP. I leveled a Draenei on Kalimdor going through the human starter questing areas, eventually getting up to level 58 without really running into another player. It wasn't until I hit level 74 that I came across another player from my faction, we grouped up to complete a quest he/she was having trouble with, qued for a few dungeons, and added each other to our friends list in case we should be leveling again at the same time.

The point I'm trying to make, is that for new players, the game feels very lifeless. Unless you have a massive amount of money, or want to spend your time farming instead of playing, professions are inaccessible to new players. 30-40g per stack of low level herb/ore is completely unobtainable to a fresh player without an 85 to bank roll them. They will make almost zero connections in game, when I first started playing WoW the people who I wound up being guilded with were often the people who I grouped with for harder quests and zones, and eventually found people who I shared a demeanor with and went on to raid with them.

Anything that promotes more people being out in more parts of the game is a good thing. Make it accessible, populate it well, and get the community to become engaged again and take it back from the trolls!

15+ Year Old Account
    Wonder how this will work on PvP realms....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by runeb1980@hotmail.com View Post
    Pretty much called this in the other thread about the non-existant 10.2 million subscribers. Blizzard are unwilling to admit that the number of subscribers is actually in steep decline in the US & EU.
    And you know that how exactly? Or are you suggesting that Blizzard are deliberately misleading both player and investors of the subscriber numbers in some vain hope that they won't find out?

Also, whilst slightly off-topic, why do I get the feeling your the exact sort of player who manages to get their account hacked and never know why?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    This opens up the game. As long as: 1) spawns are kept variable, 2) named quest mob sharing (ungrouped) is somehow implemented, and 3) they address max level/AH stuff as well, this is a good thing.
    I think 2) is already in game.
    It worked that way when I quested during the overcrowded Cata launch

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post

This opens up the game. As long as: 1) spawns are kept variable, 2) named quest mob sharing (ungrouped) is somehow implemented, and 3) they address max level/AH stuff as well, this is a good thing.

A good first step, imo.
    This was a feature implemented with Cataclysm. All overhauled quests in Eastern Kingdoms/Kalimdor + the Cata quest zones had named quest mobs 'untaggable'. For example, the giant Ettin that patrols around Tol Barad could give credit to all who attack it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dexter44
    There is no patch for human stupidity
    Orihank is displeased.

So long as they group RP realms together. I do not want to have the zones used for RPing now, to be filled with a bunch of people who think it's funny to interrupt what you're doing with jumping and spamming.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I've been saying it forever; Blizzard is going to, over time, slowly break down the boundaries between servers, and they'll keep doing it and modifying how the servers work until those boundaries are almost totally gone.

This is a good thing, by the way.
    so instead of 10s or 100s getting started on an expansion, trying to do quests, etc. you can have 1000s or 10000s or more trying for the same quest resources, etc. world's weren't set up to run with millions, so, no, bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by kays View Post
    oh god terrible idea is terrible, this should be called you'll never finish a kill quest again!
    Wow, I know right? I'd hate for you to try out playing an MMORPG, I don't think you'd ever cut it having to play around other players.
    Quote Originally Posted by dexter44
    There is no patch for human stupidity
    Orihank is displeased.

0:04-0:07 = My reaction
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    I think this is a absolutely immense feature. For those who are thinking they won't be able to complete quests any more because of over population or won't be able to farm nodes, don't be retards. It's not going to be crammed full...... A bit of of competition over nodes is right anyway. The game is designed that way from economy to re spawn rates etc. That's how it should be. As Tinykong said above great addition for new players.

They might as well merge all servers together and divide people to different phases when an area reaches x amounts of players.

Quote Originally Posted by kays View Post
    oh god terrible idea is terrible, this should be called you'll never finish a kill quest again!
    What about gathering those 15 bear meats from a bear population that 3/4 of them are meatless. Now there wont be even meatless bears.

And just when you think Blizzard ran out of cool ideas, they come and hit you with a bat. The potential of this is simply amazing, in all aspects of the game.

Kudos blizzard.

---------- Post added 2012-05-10 at 06:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    This doesn't help those of use who are already max level on dead servers at all.

I can't even buy landslide on the AH one my server, that's how bad it is right now.

I sincerely hope this isn't all you have planned to help deal with low Pop servers.
    Transfer to a high-pop server perhaps? You DO have the option, you know?

10+ Year Old Account
    goldshire will be fun....merge them all! MUAHAHAHAH

Quote Originally Posted by greyghost View Post
    Wow, I know right? I'd hate for you to try out playing an MMORPG, I don't think you'd ever cut it having to play around other players.
    i can cut it playing with other people but adding more people for no reason? i dont ever see someone while trying to get to 80-85 and say wow i wanna pay with you! no i just wanna get to 85 as fast as possible alone or with somebody i know or just do dungeon finder and if i find someone cool on there then ill quest with them but this is like throwing 30 lions in a cage with 1 gazelle in it do you honestly think people are going to be all happy cheery about it no we just want to level and get to level cap because face it after the first time leveling story doesnt mean anything and you could care less about anything but getting to max i dont mind other people but adding more people to make it feel like a high pop place and hope everyone is friendly is just asking for trolls and unhappy people like me

Quote Originally Posted by finchna View Post
    so instead of 10s or 100s getting started on an expansion, trying to do quests, etc. you can have 1000s or 10000s or more trying for the same quest resources, etc. world's weren't set up to run with millions, so, no, bad idea.
    No... they can cap the number of people that would show up in a Cross-Realm zone pretty easily. This is hardly implying that there will be thousands of people all in one zones.

The idea is that there would be multiple instances of the same zone with people from different realms, as many instances as there needs to be for the questing experience to not be degraded by the number of people in the zone. It's a great concept. The tech is already there to join the instance of somebody from another server, so you'd be able to play with friends regardless of what server they're on.

I imagine this is only another step in a long line of planned developments to continually break down the boundaries between servers.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2012-05-10 at 10:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very very cool to see blizzard doing this. Leveling won't feel like such a ghost town experience now hopefully... heck, maybe world pvp might actually happen!

10+ Year Old Account
    what about ganking? 0o instead of 1 level 85 corpse camping you...you get 5! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    what about ganking? 0o instead of 1 level 85 corpse camping you...you get 5! <3
    Remember it would go both ways, though; there might be more of an opposite faction in a zone, but there will also be more of your faction.