Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakario View Post
    Also, what about Moonguard and goldshire if Elwynn forest gets Cross realm zoned :O
    Moonguards Elwynn Forest wont ever be marked as low-pop with that community around

15+ Year Old Account
    Return of world pvp?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    And this is why WoW still is the best MMORPG there is.
    Yes, things like this is why Blizzard is the leader in the MMORPG Genre.
    Others just follow, they even try to catch up with phasing.
    Blizzard is two steps ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Well there's your server merges. Blizzard merged every server together with this.

Wow... this is.... I can't even believe this is possible.

Blizzard blew my mind!
    how can you even compare this to a server merge? the auction house will still be seperate, you cant enter cities on other servers,etc. This will turn out as LFR 2.0 aka, more people acting like kids, emo raging and whining about everything. If this is the only thing that's being done with low pop realms, im quitting. CBA this anymore. I play a ORPG, not an MMORPG!

please **** off blizzard!

was not expecting this. pretty awesome.

This doesn't excite me at all. When I quest, i always quest solo unless I am playing with a close friend or relative. I like the ability to not have to fight many others for mobs when leveling. I prefer abandoned zones.

To be honest i didnt expect this from blizz, they basicially said "sup?" to all haters.. REALLY good feature, gonna level up something in MoP just for fun and world pvp, will be awesome! Remind me of vanilla.

Deleted
    With this addition they could consider adding back some group quest. If you are really supposed to see people in the world outside of xpack release, then perhaps it'd be fun if you could interact with them (other than that being limited just to that retarded thing called world pvp).

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oell View Post
    how can you even compare this to a server merge? the auction house will still be seperate, you cant enter cities on other servers,etc. This will turn out as LFR 2.0 aka, more people acting like kids, emo raging and whining about everything. If this is the only thing that's being done with low pop realms, im quitting. CBA this anymore. I play a ORPG, not an MMORPG!

please **** off blizzard!
    Because the complaint of people on low pop servers is "we can never find people to do things with." not "the AH is too empty."

This makes it feasable to play a low pop server now. Plus you can make friends cross-server for your 90 content.

And LFR 2.0? You're not forced to interact with these people. Turn off general, and don't accept group quests. Better yet, go back to your single-player RPG.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thessalor View Post
    Of course cities will not be cross-realm from this as they are already bustling enough.
    Yeah, unless you are playing in a near-dead server.

Even though this change is a very, very pleasant surprise and will breath some life back into low-populated realms(not to mention world PvP!)I'm still pretty frustrated with the existence of so many "dead" realms, playing into one - I just hope there's more technology to come regarding this huge issue.

Once again, awesome move from Blizzard, hats off... Just couldn't help but bring some QQ in regarding the server issue, sick of not being able to form raid groups, the shitty AH and all the loneliness that comes with servers that are almost empty.
    Last edited by mmocbfaacb1cad; 2012-05-10 at 09:03 PM.

Deleted
    This will be terrible for RP realms. Rp outside of cities will dissapear.

Quote Originally Posted by susaku View Post
    While this does seem alright and quite fun actually and I hate to be the spoilsport/pessimist. But what impact will this have on Roleplaying servers? People sometimes roleplay in these quieter zones. Won't this be kind of ruining that by having people from other realms running about?
    Else I am completely fine with this idea, it sounds very fun.

Edit: and what about PvE and PvP servers? You can't really say anymore "PvP on a PvP server", when you are in a PvE server that has zoned together with a PvP zone.
    they already said they can choose which servers get grouped up. they'll probably take all of the rp servers and group them up. same with pvp and pve. they would just make sure the zone pools are made up of the same types.

Deleted
    i had the best times in wow leveling 1-60 because of how busy the zones were and meeting people and grouping up. Arathi highlands in vanilla was booming and the quest at the keep were elite it foursed people to group.

Unfortunately, this doesn't solve the problem that's been plaguing every expansion. High Level raiders transferring out of the server in the hopes of joining a proper raiding guild for the next expansion. As the server gets smaller, more people transfer just because of the lowered population, exacerbating the problem.

This doesn't change a thing to the raiding community of a server. What they need to do is to merge multiple small/low/medium pop realms.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea they are slowly moving to unifying all the realms together one way or another

Quote Originally Posted by Greenboat View Post
    This will be terrible for RP realms. Rp outside of cities will dissapear.
    Perhaps RP realms will only phase with other RP-realms?

Join FDWH Gold Challenge Mode on OpenRaid and get your awesome transmogrification set. These events are for everyone, ranging from hardcore veterans to skilled casual players. No experience is required, only knowledge of tactics. Make sure to put MMO-Champion in your note!

Don't like it, would rather see server merges.

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Perhaps RP realms will only phase with other RP-realms?
    Don't come in here using logic!

Deleted
    This is the best idea ever. Imagine that you're, say, like to create pugs to old raids but are unable to due to low populated cities/trade chats with nearly no people replying. This new thing would allow you to make pugging those older raids a whole lot easier. Well done Blizzard, I was NEVER expecting such a good move

So it's based on population density.

Sounds really Great.

But does that mean the players from other servers will just suddenly appear out of nowhere if an area gets too low?

Does it ever deactivate? What if the density gets too high after the merger is activated? Will all the other players from other servers just suddenly vanish? Group mates and PvP opponents just vanishing?

I just don't really see how the feature can ever deactivate without it impacting players. And if it doesn't deactivate, I don't see why they wouldn't just put it on by default.