Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This game is 100x better now that I have DSFix. Was getting crappy frame rates and dropping to absolutely awful ones before, with poor graphics. Graphics are pretty good now and constant 60FPS. The only problem is tearing since DSFix doesn't have a VSync option ;/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightshark View Post
    since DSFix doesn't have a VSync option ;/
    I'm pertty sure it does.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

I downloaded the latest version from their website and this is at the bottom of the file:

###############################################################################
    # The settings below are not yet ready to use!!
    ###############################################################################

# You can only set either forceFullscreen or forceWindowed (or neither)
    # 0 = off, 1 = on
    forceWindowed 0
    forceFullscreen 0

# turn on/off Vsync
    enableVsync 1 (I tried setting it to 1 - yep, doesn't work)
    # adjust display refresh rate in fullscreen mode - this is NOT linked to FPS!
    fullscreenHz 60

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm, maybe you're right. But I don't remember having any screen tearing in DaS.
    Maybe I forced it in the video driver settings...
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

So I bought Dark Souls last month for $20 and I absolutely love it. Sadly, I got it for the 360. At the moment on Steam, it's for $20, which comes with the DLC. I'll have to spend $15 for the DLC to play it on the 360. Does anyone else see something wrong about this or am I just bad timing?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    So I bought Dark Souls last month for $20 and I absolutely love it. Sadly, I got it for the 360. At the moment on Steam, it's for $20, which comes with the DLC. I'll have to spend $15 for the DLC to play it on the 360. Does anyone else see something wrong about this or am I just bad timing?
    The fees publishers incur for console and PC games are not the same. That's the way of things.

There's DLC worth buying? Damn game went on sale 50% off 1 day after I bought it.

Not sure why everyone seems to gripe about Blighttown, I had more trouble in the sewers before it after I got cursed and then had to fight the gaping dragon (yay, 1 hit deaths ><). I did go the wrong way in Blighttown for a while and ended up in the Valley of Drakes, which chewed up about an hour.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's DLC worth buying? Damn game went on sale 50% off 1 day after I bought it.

Not sure why everyone seems to gripe about Blighttown, I had more trouble in the sewers before it after I got cursed and then had to fight the gaping dragon (yay, 1 hit deaths ><). I did go the wrong way in Blighttown for a while and ended up in the Valley of Drakes, which chewed up about an hour.
    Prepare to Die Edition comes with the PC version.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know if there is exists a console version of the game that has the DLC stuff already on the disc in a complete package?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    Anyone know if there is exists a console version of the game that has the DLC stuff already on the disc in a complete package?
    Yes, it exists. It is called a "Prepare to Die Edition" and is available for PC/Xbox360/PS3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me or are the bosses the easiest part of the game? >.> Seems like I have the most trouble with progressing through the zone, but when I get to the boss I either one or two shot it. I'm hoping the last boss is a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    Is it just me or are the bosses the easiest part of the game? >.> Seems like I have the most trouble with progressing through the zone, but when I get to the boss I either one or two shot it. I'm hoping the last boss is a nightmare.
    How far into the game are you? Most of the early bosses didn't give me much trouble, but a few later on did.

10+ Year Old Account

Main gripes are.
    1. Toxic
    2. Small walkways and cliffs.
    3. Toxic.
    4. Lag.
    5. Toxic.
    6. Weird looking mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    How far into the game are you? Most of the early bosses didn't give me much trouble, but a few later on did.
    Working on sen's fortress. Have killed the asylum demon, capra demon, witch quelaag, ceaseless discharge, taurus demon, bell gargoyles, gaping dragon, pinwheel, and moonlight butterfly. Not in that order. I'm looking forward to fighting Sif, as I hear he's a really good boss fight.

Working on sen's fortress. Have killed the asylum demon, capra demon, witch quelaag, ceaseless discharge, taurus demon, bell gargoyles, gaping dragon, pinwheel, and moonlight butterfly. Not in that order. I'm looking forward to fighting Sif, as I hear he's a really good boss fight.
    I just did Sen's Fortress last night. I think it was the hardest part of the game for me so far, was the first time the game really made me rage. I haven't killed some of those bosses >_< I haven't even seen Pinwheel or Ceaseless Discharge. Moonlight Butterfly I tried once and decided my character was too weak, maybe I'll give it another go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sif is umm... well, easy if you know what you're doing, I mean tremendously easy, so you may be a bit disappointed, =\

The first few bosses imo aren't all that hard. You're basically at the 2nd half now.
    I just did Sen's Fortress last night. I think it was the hardest part of the game for me so far, was the first time the game really made me rage. I haven't killed some of those bosses >_< I haven't even seen Pinwheel or Ceaseless Discharge. Moonlight Butterfly I tried once and decided my character was too weak, maybe I'll give it another go.
    Oh hi rock.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Sif is umm... well, easy if you know what you're doing, I mean tremendously easy, so you may be a bit disappointed, =\
    Agree with that Sif is pretty easy when you know what to do, and learned the game basics. But if you go fight Sif too early on, he can really give you a hard time when you aren't all that familiar with the game mechanics. Speaking from experience.. Been there, done that

A question : Is the DLC worth buying? I only have the regular version of the game on Xbox360.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deroth View Post
    Agree with that Sif is pretty easy when you know what to do, and learned the game basics. But if you go fight Sif too early on, he can really give you a hard time when you aren't all that familiar with the game mechanics. Speaking from experience.. Been there, done that

A question : Is the DLC worth buying? I only have the regular version of the game on Xbox360.
    I'd say go for it, I love fighting Artorias and the last boss (if you don't know what it is).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deroth View Post

Yes it is worth buying. Everything DS related is worth buying!

10+ Year Old Account
    Fire bombs or pyromancy make butterfly die like a little bitch. Pinwheel is in the catacombs, and is by far the easiest boss in the game imo, as I killed him in a matter of seconds. Ceaseless discharge is in the demon ruins after the chaos witch quelaag.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2013-03-24 at 09:32 PM.