Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blikz1 View Post
    Bullshit like this port should be illegal, 40 euro's for a broken piece of shit.
    Um, what's broken?
    Played 9 hours so far, no problems.

Deleted
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kiz3f...&feature=g-u-u

I'm not going to write a wall of text not worthy of my time.

10+ Year Old Account

So wait... You want me... To watch a 22 min and some change video... Just so I can say: "well, that's your opinion man". Just going to cut out the first step and say it now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bullshit like this port should be illegal, 40 euro's for a broken piece of shit.
    What's broken about it? Aside from the terrible KB+M controls, the game runs perfectly fine. I've had zero CTDs, zero glitches, zero freezes, zero bugs, zero FPS drops.....so please explain to me what's broken about it?

Is it an amazing port? No, but considering From Software has ZERO experience with porting games to the PC, I'm actually pleasantly surprised with how the port turned out.

Illegal? Really? The game functions as the console version functions. They warned you that it would be a straight console port and that they didn't really know what they were doing (which is a lot more than most companies do). Didn't watch your video because the game is fine for me and I didn't want to waste my time watching a 22 minute video, but if you really didn't know what you were getting into then I don't know what to tell you.
    Last edited by Wynnyelle; 2012-08-24 at 04:25 PM.

The only issue I've had with it is GFWL didn't save my game because my profile wasn't downloaded or some shit :\

I haven't had any fps issues with my 3 year old computer (2gb ram, core 2 duo).

It's meant to be played with a Gamepad, they said specifically they weren't going to do much with PC controls (although you can rebind everything through the "Key Options")

I love Dark Souls hate, it's usually "this is too hard" when people try to balls to the wall everything and get raped.

Edit: Funny glitch I had earlier doing Co-op on the Gargoyles, when the second one spawned he didn't get any health, so he just landed and died. Gave me a good laugh.
    Last edited by Rusken; 2012-08-24 at 04:27 PM.

Deleted

The entire video is complaining about actual things in the game (other player ghosts...) stuff that makes NO difference to anyone (OMG male/female option list has empty slots) and the rest is bitching about the keyboard controls, which are rebindable if you're dense enough to try and play this without a controller.

They no literally NOTHING about the game trying to say there is no co-op or pvp.

The refusal of people to NEVER use a gamepad strikes again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleficia View Post

Edit: Funny glitch I had earlier doing Co-op on the Gargoyles, when the second one spawned he didn't get any health, so he just landed and died. Gave me a good laugh.
    That would have helped the guy I was watching stream so much. He was attempting to do it without any help whatsoever. Not sure how he would have reacted if it did that. Most likely would have laughed his ass off and threw himself off the rooftop arena to retry it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    The entire video is complaining about actual things in the game (other player ghosts...) stuff that makes NO difference to anyone (OMG male/female option list has empty slots) and the rest is bitching about the keyboard controls, which are rebindable if you're dense enough to try and play this without a controller.

They no literally NOTHING about the game trying to say there is no co-op or pvp.

The refusal of people to NEVER use a gamepad strikes again.
    Oh god. I'm glad I didn't watch it, haha. Sounds like another person who thinks they know what they're talking about but in reality they have no clue. Pass.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    Oh god. I'm glad I didn't watch it, haha. Sounds like another person who thinks they know what they're talking about but in reality they have no clue. Pass.
    The only valid point they have is that some of the keybindings make little sense without being rebound (took me about 1min of experimenting ingame just now to function in combat, end for option screen is odd though) and the camera control with the mouse is pretty bad.

Deleted
    Whatever, i'll make sure to check if the game is a port or not next time and i managed to get my money back from the store so all is fine and dandy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Sunrise View Post
    That would have helped the guy I was watching stream so much. He was attempting to do it without any help whatsoever. Not sure how he would have reacted if it did that. Most likely would have laughed his ass off and threw himself off the rooftop arena to retry it.
    They're actually really easy to do solo if you've got enough damage output, you can easily roll under the Axe attacks and get some hits in, it only takes 2 or 3 to stagger them which is more free damage. You can usually kill the first one before the second has time to get in range.

Deleted
    They're actually really easy to do solo if you've got enough damage output, you can easily roll under the Axe attacks and get some hits in, it only takes 2 or 3 to stagger them which is more free damage. You can usually kill the first one before the second has time to get in range.
    I did it solo by stabbing the first until the second came down then kiting around with an xbow until the first died...

Soooo, staus? People seem to no say anything else than "it sucks" and "it doesn't".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Soooo, staus? People seem to no say anything else than "it sucks" and "it doesn't".
    Mouse control is awful, some key-bindings are odd. No control problems with a pad.
    There's a 1080p directx dll but still runs at 30fps (don't see how anyone's going to get around that as it's tied to game speed).

Other than that it's the same game as the console version + the dlc.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Mouse control is awful, some key-bindings are odd. No control problems with a pad.
    There's a 1080p directx dll but still runs at 30fps (don't see how anyone's going to get around that as it's tied to game speed).

Other than that it's the same game as the console version + the dlc.
    Damn it, I hate using pads ><

Guess I might try to put on a game pad, but unless controls REALLY suck, I think I'm going to suck harder on a pad.

Damn it, I hate using pads ><

Guess I might try to put on a game pad, but unless controls REALLY suck, I think I'm going to suck harder on a pad.
    They're pretty bad. I've been using my Xbox controller from the start and I'm used to playing DS on a PS3 so it's a bit foreign to me, but I'd still pick it over mouse and keyboard. It's atrocious.
    Last edited by Wynnyelle; 2012-08-24 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    They're pretty bad. I've been using my Xbox controller from the start and I'm used to playing DS on a PS3 so it's a bit foreign to me, but I'd still pick it over mouse and keyboard. It's atrocious.
    Can it only run on a Xbox controller, besides keyboard and mouse? Because I don't have a Xbox controller.

Can it only run on a Xbox controller, besides keyboard and mouse? Because I don't have a Xbox controller.
    Dunno, to be honest. That's the only type of gamepad I've ever owned. I'd assume that it has support for other gamepads since mouse/keyboard controls are so bad. I don't think wired Xbox controllers are expensive though, at this point.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's absurdly easy if you have the Drake Sword. I think I took out the first one's tail with one, maybe two hits. Had him at 25% health when the second one came. Too bad I forgot to cut off the other's tail before I killed it.