Deleted

Preordered from Game

I preordered Diablo 3 CE from game (I live in the UK). And I was just wondering did anyone else order from game and if you have received the game yet?

Hmm not sure how Games online is going, but I know they closed a lot of stores around the country which caused issues for some people.

Game went broke dude, you won't be getting you're copy

The end has come for UK retailer GAME after the GAME Group was delisted from the London Stock Exchange and filed for administration.

GAME UK said it’s board sees “no equity value left in the Group” and as such wanted it taken off the stock market.

In a statement released to the press, GAME UK said: “Further to the announcements of 12 March 2012 and 14 March 2012, the board of GAME has assessed the status of the ongoing and regular discussions between GAME and its lending banks and between its lending banks and a potential third party provider of finance to the business.

“The Board now considers itself to be unable to assess the business’s financial position, and is of the opinion that there is no equity value left in the Group. Therefore the Company has requested that the listing of its securities on the Main Market ofLondon Stock Exchange plc be suspended from trading with effect from 7:30am today.

“The Company will provide a further update in due course.”

The retailer will continue trading for the time being and the 6000 GAME staff have been assured that they will be paid what they’ve earned.

GAME Australia has declined to comment at this stage, although it is important to note that GAME Australia operates independently from GAME UK.

Deleted
    i wanted to preorder from game and then collect in store, but they wouldnt let me as I forgot my membership thingy, so i ordered from Amazon. even in a small town like where i live there are 2 game store still standing...shame about gamestation closing though.

Activision Blizzard put out a press release at the beginning of March stating that they would no longer be supplying any stock on credit arrangements to the Game Group. When I read that, I cancelled my pre-order and re-ordered elsewhere. Given the amount of coverage there has been on Game's financial troubles, both on the gaming news websites, and on the general news media then I'm sorry, but I have to say it's your own fault!
    Gorbag - Elemental Shaman since Nov 2004
    Raider of Logic Tarren Mill EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exavis View Post
    Game went broke dude, you won't be getting you're copy
    Way to come in late, that happened months ago and they have already been bought out by opcapita.

Deleted
    I have received no word from game saying that my order has been cancelled and their website says that my order has already been shipped?