Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Lightwell is so incredibly annoying, even coming from a 8/8 HM raider. We use it, we just don't *like* it very much. It isn't *fun*. I hope they buff Lightspring up to be equal to Lightwell, so it can be more of a choice than a "idiot mode" glyph. There are inherent advantages to the Lightwell mechanic (versus Lightspring) already, as Kelesti pointed out.

Lightwell/Lightspring is kind of like Astral Form for Druids (or should be). If you really like Lightwell, then you don't glyph it. If you really hate Lightwell, everything it stands for, and you burn a little Thrall effigy with a Blizzard T-Shirt on it every expansion when you realize it is *still in the game*, then you can glyph it.

Of course, if they really make it weaker than Lightwell, no one will glyph it except LFR heroes. And we'll be back to square one.

Deleted
    I just hope lightwell remains 'a bit of extra healing' rather than another raid CD that's used in rotation with all the others /yawn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    god damn you need to chill. the glyph is barely implimented and you already claim anyone who use this is a baddie. please take a step down from the high horse and realize not everyone has the same play style as you.

personally im happy about this i dont have to fight a meaningless war with randoms to click something so i can do better on charts
    The glyph is unquestionably a great addition, it will give us a reason to drop it in LFR, dungeons, and the occasional pug. I think the majority of the dissent coming from kelesti and myself is that blizzard said it was not going to implement a brain dead Lightwell, and they could have just as easily "fixed" the main issue with Lightwell by making it macroable and decreasing hit box interference.

Either way, if you needed this implementation for Lightwell to be successful for you, personally, then you could have just as easily not specced into it in Cata (it was never mandatory, though helpful on heroic progression), and for the future, well, hopefully we have three other compelling holy priest glyphs so that those of us who don't have problems with raids clicking on it as is don't have to suffer.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    The one on live is good for heavy aoe situations.....?
    not if people dont click it : P thats the whole point. people still wont click most of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

I don't know about Lightwell not being mandatory in Cata. It sure felt like on some fights, if you didn't use it and (obviously more importantly) get your raid to click on it at the right time, it was hard to keep up with the damage. The mana efficiency you get from LW is pretty huge in any healing model where mana matters.

That could be because I was always a bit undergeared whenever I healed HMs, thanks to Holy being my offspec, though, too.

15+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2012-05-13 at 09:02 AM ----------

Joke aside, it will be great if the glyphed LW/S will only be better in some situations; random hits on a few targets in the raid for example, where priests don't have spammable HR or CH to cower that up.

If it will just be a smart LW handeling out the healing for free, ofc that would be really bad, but I don't believe that will be the case at all. Having player interaction still should be more powerful if used correctly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felade View Post
    Lightwell is so incredibly annoying, even coming from a 8/8 HM raider. We use it, we just don't *like* it very much. It isn't *fun*.
    But how is an automatic healing-lightwell fun? It removes planning and teamwork.

I'm not saying that I can't see why people want such a Lightwell. I'm baffled by the design-decision of it, for multiple reasons.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Deleted
    How useful this is outside of pugs/lfr depends on the way it's implemented.

The tooltip says 'Every 5 sec the Lightspring will attempt to heal party and raid members lower than 50% health for (5,735 + 55.3% of SP) over 6 sec' If as the tooltip suggests the lightspring heals all targets under 50% hp every 5 secs it would be very useful in a large number of situations... Drop it just before a big aoe and watch the lightspring hot 15/25 or 10/10 (with 5 charges left) - which to be honest sounds OP (yes lolwell could do this on live, and in some well organised raids it does, but instantly hotting the whole raid or 15/25 people when a big aoe lands with one click is very powerful) especially with the rest of holy's aoe burst capabilities.

Kelesti seems to think that it will only heal one person at a time... In which case it would indeed be crap. But the tooltip clearly says members not a member. Maybe they'll cap the number of party members it can heal as 5 per 5 seconds? I guess we'll find out soon.

Deleted
    I might have done these calculations wrong but:

Light Spring
    (5,735 + 55.3% of SP so for my priest on live that's about 5.735 + 7.189 (55,3% of 13.000) = 12.924 per hot)

Lightwell
    (2878 + (13.000 * 0.308 = 4004 * 3 = 12.012*1.15 = 13.813 per hot)

So a 889 difference

that ofc is from live Sp as with pandaria spell power goes up allot and just adding 1k sp more:

Light spring
    (5,735 + 55.3% of SP so for my priest on live that's about 5.735 + 7.742 (55,3% of 14.000) = 13.477 per hot)

Lightwell
    (2878 + (14.000 * 0.308 = 4.312* 3 = 12936*1.15 = 14876 per hot)

So that would be a 1.399 difference.

It would seem the scaling would be hit hard by this from the moment the priest hits level 90 and in further tiers the scaling difference would be so much that the glyph is completely blown away by the difference with a normal Lightwell.

Still if your raid group doesn't click the lightwell that often the light well heals will be wasted thus Light spring would beat Lightwell healing done whenever a Lightwell is not fully used.

Quote Originally Posted by nopolica View Post
    I might have done these calculations wrong but:

Light Spring
    (5,735 + 55.3% of SP so for my priest on live that's about 5.735 + 7.189 (55,3% of 13.000) = 12.924 per hot)

Lightwell
    (2878 + (13.000 * 0.308 = 4004 * 3 = 12.012*1.15 = 13.813 per hot)
    Your Lightwell calc is completely off:

(((5375 + 0,308 * 13000) * 3) *1.15) = 32357

Lightspring heals 13k, Lightwell heals 32k. That's how it also looks in Beta.

Nice.Nice.Nice. Holy gets closer and closer to become a specc on my priest

Deleted
    As a holy priest.... YESSSS.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    ...thefuck
    I know. It is a dark day. A dark day for you indeed.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    personally im happy about this i dont have to fight a meaningless war with randoms to click something
    You realize, for the entirety of the game, you could click Lightwell yourself, right? Anyone who figured this out, quit complaining about Lightwell YEARS ago. For all intents and purposes, a free self-heal... for 1 talent point... that heals for more than Desperate Prayer over time... on a shorter cooldown...

15+ Year Old Account
    This is the one of the most obvious "2-camp issue" in the game. One half want to keep it the way it is, the other want a change to it.

I think making it a glyph instead of changing the spell itself is a brilliant idea and I am very happy they choose to do so, and not removing the old version, wich is unique and good in many ways. This way all of us can have Lightwell as you personally prefer; automatic bomber or the click version (if all goes well on balancing it etc, ofc the glyph should not be mandatory).

Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    The glyph is unquestionably a great addition, it will give us a reason to drop it in LFR, dungeons, and the occasional pug. I think the majority of the dissent coming from kelesti and myself is that blizzard said it was not going to implement a brain dead Lightwell, and they could have just as easily "fixed" the main issue with Lightwell by making it macroable and decreasing hit box interference.
    This is far from the first time Blizzard has changed their stance on an issue, and of all thing major and minor this is a minor one. It just seems like a bigger deal b/c your fixated on it from a jaded Holy priest perspective. It's a fricken light well, and they buffed it in situations where people won't click it.

Either way, if you needed this implementation for Lightwell to be successful for you, personally, then you could have just as easily not specced into it in Cata (it was never mandatory, though helpful on heroic progression),
    Simply not specing into it is a piss poor option. It's lost healing, that a priest has no real way of getting back if people refuse to click.

and for the future, well, hopefully we have three other compelling holy priest glyphs so that those of us who don't have problems with raids clicking on it as is don't have to suffer.
    Or you could just leave the minor glyph slot empty. If that is 'suffering', you seriously need to take a step back from this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    To be completely honest I wouldn't doubt it if Lightspring did heal less. The reason being that they want some of the major glyphs to provide "convience" at the cost of the ability somewhat. It's much like the Inquisition glyph for Ret Paladins in beta where Inquisiton time is increased by 100%, but deals slightly less damage.

Lightwell will be used by the people who have members who understand how to use it and get the maximum benefit. Lightspring will be used by people who have people in their group who fail to use it. Even if Lightspring does less HPS than Lightwell, I would say most of the time Lightspring would do more healing than if you just had lightwell because some people can't comprehend how to use Lightwell.
    Thats what I was saying. By nature of being a 'smart' heal, it likely will heal for less rewarding raids who 'use it' instead of just the 'auto heal'.

Glyphed Lightspring is not a marker of a bad priest, per say.... its a marker of potential issues in the RAID/GROUP. Its akin to raiders not using Healthstones. Survivability is EVERYONE'S problem. And people who die, in range of a lightwell, do have a certain amount of onus on themselves. However, making it a smart heal it will be out-scaled by normal LW, and reward raiders/players who know how to click it and when to click it. Just like if heathstones automatically used themselves, it would HAVE to be for less than if you had to click it yourself.

Raiding priests should be ready to say on vent/mumble "Lightwell" when big damage is going out and healers are falling behind... that one word on vent, shouldn't make or break 'how you prefer to play'.

Edit: The glyph is not yet available on Beta... its lilsted as an optional glyph in our glyph list, however it is not available via vendor (in Temple of the Jade Serpent) or inscriptionist.

Quote Originally Posted by derevka View Post
    inscriptionist.
    OMG

It's SCRIBES

SUPER pet peeve >.<

Anything that gives me more control over my own healing makes me happy

Basically blizzard catering to a lazy community who place their own meter humping above their own role in a group.
    There is no reason why DPS cannot make realistic efforts to click the lightwell, because their role is equally about supporting and enabling others to do theirs than it is about your own meters.
    Therefore you should spend that period of time clicking the well if by doing so you are reducing the work for the priest.
    They place it with the intent it should be used, not because it looks pretty.