Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Heals for the same as LW now.... video in beta thread.

/confused
    /dissapoint

Quote Originally Posted by derevka View Post
    Heals for the same as LW now.... video in beta thread.
    Most likely bugged.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    Most likely bugged.
    I hope... but stranger things have happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hope it's intended. Would make it a more situational glyph rather than an LFR-only glyph.
    Kil'Jaeden - US

Thanks to Lilliputia for the amazing signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Venteus View Post
    Hope it's intended. Would make it a more situational glyph rather than an LFR-only glyph.
    Still only applies to one target per application. And given its requirements of low Hp to autofire, I don't know about you but I tend to heal those people at low HP to you know, not let them die. Tanks can chew up the ICD, rather than putting them to use in triage.

It's a passive output increase for the sake of bigger numbers, dropping every good bit of utility that Lightwell has as a pseudo cooldown. Plus, it eats up a Major Glyph.

It's still something I would implore progression minded Priests to stay away from, and find a raid (or leader) willing to help you use Lightwell to its strengths, rather than this bathtub of mediocrity.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

There's more to playing a class in WoW than just 'progression minded' raiding.
    If you don't like what it does to your spell --> Don't use it.

Others will find this appealing for various reasons. They will use it. I encourage them to do so.

Kel I agree with you completely. The tank ICD issue alone (not to mention requiring a major Slot) is rationale enough for me. We will see if the calc is changed. With the patch notes last week actually including the x3 multiplier, I'd like to assume he current incarnation is a bug.

There are so few situations that warrant using lightwell as a passive HPM increase, that I don't care if the glyph gets identical throughput. Glyphed lightwell will still be a mark of lazy raiders giving up a burst mechanic for higher baseline HPS.

And if spirit shell stays the way it is, look out - you're gonna need that burst. Hell, blizzard is probably going to wind up counter-buffing DG and AM just so raids without a disc priest can survive mechanics tuned against the existence of disc priests. Being holy in the first place, and ALSO glyphing lightwell? That's going to be a huge give-up. What will you take to compensate: PI or AA?

But don't mind me, we all know I can get pretty crazy on this particular topic.
    Last edited by zakaluka; 2012-05-27 at 03:44 PM.

in the heat of the moment it is hard to click sometimes or if someone is standing on it this will help
    ggg

Think about this idea:

How will healing with a holy priest + disc priest healcomp come out?
    First consideration: boss damage mechanics must be more bursty to compensate for the existence of spirit shell. Barrier may be nerfed into a kind of AMS as it was in wrath, or DG/AM/Totem may be buffed to put other healers on equal footing.
    Now, with PI/AA available, and lightwell next to DH, holy truly will have more burst than any healer in the game. (we have had discussions, I am aware most people think it won't be worth giving up DI or FDCL for either of the burst talents. We will see.)

How does echo of light, and the new renew glyph, in chakra serenity play next to the Brewmaster monk's Stagger during a big tank soak? Holy to heal up the actual health deficit which is ticking down, disc to chain SSHells on him (healing damage which is coming in continuously). Kind of a tug-of-war. For the first time ever we have a mechanic which will force echo and renew into not overhealing.

Now with the burstier mechanics we have a disc priest to sshell blanket (1) 2x PoH for the raid (2) FH/GH the tank, (3) a GHeal for whoever isn't at full health. 11 seconds.
    Spikier-than-normal damage mechanic hits the raid, but much of it is mitigated to barrier/SSHell. Dump all 10 charges on the lightwell in a coordinated way, like a strategic raid group would - back to full health faster than possible with any other healcomp outside 3 minute cooldowns.

I am predicting that disc+holy is going to be one of the strongest heal comps in 5.0 thanks to the same synergy that made disc+rdruid powerful in 4.2. But give up your DH-in-a-bottle and you will strain that synergy.

(who wants to raid with me in 5.0? I'm excited about this, and probably also up for grabs)
    Last edited by zakaluka; 2012-05-27 at 11:27 PM.

That's awesome. I loved holy in Wrath, CoH was great but since they changed that I've never played holy since.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Glyph of Lightspring is a sign of a terrible priest in a group of bads, it's not a replacement for that.
    I´ll see whether people continue to not click on my lightwell. If they don´t, I´ll be using this one in dungeons/LFR. In normal/heroic raids, people click.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    A Multiple-target video demonstrating Lightspring: http://youtu.be/0gHgdg7P9bY

The Glyph of Lightspring is an awesome tool for Holy Priests to use as needed. After having tested it with multiple players I'm liking it even more. The "checks every 5 seconds" doesn't actually operate the way it sounds. It actually does heal multiple targets nearly simultaneously. Don't get fooled by the animation, the buff is actually applied first then the animation of the light springing to the target goes off just to satisfy the need for bright sparkly spell animations. The slight delay seems to depend on the distance the target is from the Lightspring, but I will have to test that out some more (it could be the person most damaged to least damaged under 50%). Anyway, it behaves more like a 5 second cool down per person, which is really there to ensure that a player who has the buff doesn't get another buff until the first one wears off. If you think about it, normal Lightwell has the same "6 second" cool down per person since you can't spam it.

The fact that it only activates sub-50% means it helps out when desperately needed, provide an HPM boost to Holy Priest healing at a time when healers are getting behind, or when a big damage spike goes out. This means even less of a chance for the buff to be cancelled (goes out AFTER big damage spike), or for it to overheal. Check out the video.

That changed from when derevka was testing it, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    That changed from when derevka was testing it, then.
    Yeah, I have video (I havent uploaded) with 2 locks lifetapping and it being on CD between heals between the two. Not to mention it has a different animation... far less shiny than this new one! ;-o (it didnt spin/skitter)

Curious....

Edit: apparently it did skitter a bit.... but did seem to have a 5 sec CD between casts. That said, i suppose it COULD have just been timing of their lifetaps causing their INDIVIDUAL ICD's to mimic a global ICD.
    Last edited by derevka; 2012-05-30 at 02:13 AM.

That.... changes things.

I smell an incoming nerf to this.

With this glyph, Lightwell certainly cannot be considered utility anymore. And that's quite a difference.

If you can blow 15 charges in a single 5 second interval check, imagine what a carefully timed lightwell placement can do to, say, Chimaeron healing?
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    I smell an incoming nerf to this.
    I'm still going with "it's bugged".

All other spells that have a "replaces X" wording in them replace the original spell. Lightspring doesn't currently do that. What it currently does is to simply change the mechanic on lightwell, while the baseline spell stays Lightwell. So Lightwell doesn't get replaced, only the mechanic is changed (and looking at all other "replaces X" talents/glyphs, Lightspring is not working correctly. It's supposed to replace Lightwell, what it currently does is to simply change the Lightwell mechanic, not replacing the spell.)

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The range on Lightspring is currently twice that of Lightwell. 40 yards.

Good point and something that is potentially exacerbated in 25 mans with multiple priests (say, one glyphs and the other not): it there is no visual distinction between LW and LS, how can we expect people to click LW when they cant /quickly/ tell the difference between the two...

But all of this, in agreement with kaesebrezen, points to "bugged" or at the very least not yet final.
    Last edited by derevka; 2012-05-31 at 10:55 AM.