Thread: arena combo

10+ Year Old Account

arena combo

just wondering whether resto shaman + mage is a viable arena 2v2 team , thanks :3 and sorry for the short post.

Probably no, I mean you can play anything for shit and giggles but serious arena I don't think it will work. I don't think mages have the power to be the only dps in 2s comp. I don't think you they can constantly get kills. I play a hunter and we can't do it either we play double dps. Elemental/Mage could be ok though.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Deleted
    Resto shaman is pretty bad in 2s no offence. You can win, but most of the time you win because the other team is 2x dps and you can turtle just long enough for your partner to kill them, or they make a mistake which gives you the win after 30mins.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can go Elemental, you'd find it a slightly better composition, as the Mage can provide the control whilst you provide the burst DPS.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

I think frost mage can put out a lot more pressure than people here give it credit for, however, you will for sure be needing more base skill to be effective than if you just played with one of the train-the-healer-and-win classes like a dk, warrior, or rogue. With a mage you actually need to use CC for example.

If you are the mage, and you want to play with a healer, you can probably do much better with a disc priest (or, I imagine, a resto druid), I've seen fire mage holy pally work at high ratings too, although it seems like a frustrating comp if you fight certain enemies.

Mage can also work double dps very easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nereth View Post
    If you are the mage, and you want to play with a healer, you can probably do much better with a disc priest (or, I imagine, a resto druid), I've seen fire mage holy pally work at high ratings too, although it seems like a frustrating comp if you fight certain enemies.
    The druid has the CC in the form of Cyclone. But, the Disc Priest can beat out other healer teams by Mana Burning during Deep Freeze.

I think Resto Druids are weak this season.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    The druid has the CC in the form of Cyclone. But, the Disc Priest can beat out other healer teams by Mana Burning during Deep Freeze.

I think Resto Druids are weak this season.
    In 2s they're not so bad.

I wasn't saying which one was better I just thought they were both viable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nereth View Post
    I wasn't saying which one was better I just thought they were both viable.
    They are indeed both viable. I'd just side with a Priest over a Druid.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Deleted
    Fire mage resto shaman is actually a pretty "good" 2v2 comp.

Note: by "good" I mean it's hard for you to lose considering how durable the setup is, I for one can't stand long games but each to their own - I know people who enjoy playing it and have barely any losses at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    2v2 double DPS is much easier than healer/dps. Just as long as one of you has a decent cc, it's pretty much gg. Ele/Mage would be better.
    If the ele gets focused (which they will 90% of the time) the mage can peel amazingly whilst you run around spamming glyphed LB npsnps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honzi View Post
    If I got 50k gold for every error since diablo launched, I'd be able to buy a proper weapon.
    "I will now attempt to run away but first I will forget to close my chat window! wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!"

Deleted
    I just did rogue/Rshaman and the only thing we lost to was Hpally/mage both after fucking long and frustrating fights. I will now always just leave arena if I see that comp, I think with Rshaman you can probably do "good"