Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody Bamboo Forrest of Eternal Nightmares
    I'm so damn disappointed in Blizzard. D: They should've prepared better for the launch....now I guess i'll go back to WoW and cry in a corner for a bit

Not surpeised

Quote Originally Posted by Supajayare View Post
    For a multi million dollar video company like Blizzard with an army of technicians at their disposal you'd think this wouldn't happen or at least not this bad. But nope.... ToR had a much smoother launch than this, and GW2 BWE and stress test was flawless compared to this sad attempt of a launch.

Fail blizz, just FAIL..........
    I don't know. To me the whole idea of turning everyone on at once was stupid. Sure it may not be good to be last reigion to get turned on, but is this any better? Then the stupid boards go down so we don't hear anything from them

Quote Originally Posted by Generationwhy View Post
    Same cata launch was relatively painless for me...took maybe 15 mins probably less.
    Maybe there is some sort of curse involved then. Cata was pretty well regarded the worst expac, and had a relatively "flawless launch" Most of the successful games/expansion have been mired in flawed launches. So take it as a good sign for things to come.

I'm currently in game (just got in), just waiting in the start area for my boyfriend to be able to get past character creation.

Quote Originally Posted by lapislazuli View Post
    You are not entirely right. Stuff like servers and bandwidth are just commodities that can be leased. Firms can get into a leasing arrangement to put up additional servers/bandwidth for that short period of spike in usage, without having to acquire the entire asset.

The reason companies do not do this or even take any steps to mitigate such launch day issues is because there are no consequences. There is no backlash from customers. Sure, we might be pissed off now from not being able to log in. Give it 1, 2 hours, once we're in the game, we happy little ducks that forgot all this ever happened. And sure as hell we're going to buy their next game although we know the same thing will happen again on launch day.
    No backlash? The only backlash is a deteriorating reputation for failed launch titles. That's inexcusable in my book. If Blizz had any real competition and I only had $60 to spend towards a Blizz game or its competitor, you damn well will be sure I take things like this into account.

10+ Year Old Account
    looks like the forums are back up, that a good sign
    Proud Healer Since 2007
    "Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid."

A company that makes hundreds of millions off their consumers can and have anticipated this kind of surge they have the hardware resources that they could appropriate to handle this one-two day surge and the take the re-appropriated hardware back to where it would have been normally without having a big affect on anything else dont kid yourself

This is why people should stop comparing it to MMO launches. Proof, lost to time, that Diablo is primarily a single player game, that draws upon its multiplayer support to create replay value.

I wouldn't consider this a "Launch Fail" by any means. When I think of a "Launch Fail" I think of a game that has a lot of hype, been billed and advertised to the tune of millions of dollars and then when it releases you hear nothing but crickets. If anything, I'd consider this a "Roller-coaster Launch". You build up the anticipation (climbing the hill) the game releases and you go screening down the hill into the many hills and valleys of server up-time and down-time until you reach that nice smooth piece of fast track where everything's copacetic.

On a side note, if you can live through the "Gates of AQ" event in WoW you can live through any Server Roller-coaster.
    Last edited by Shugo; 2012-05-15 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TLH447 View Post
    A company that makes hundreds of millions off their consumers can and have anticipated this kind of surge they have the hardware resources that they could appropriate to handle this one-two day surge and the take the re-appropriated hardware back to where it would have been normally without having a big affect on anything else dont kid yourself
    Edit: I can't read, numbers in thousands. Screw you math, they do make a lot. Not nearly as much as Google, at least.
    Last edited by Zyzzyx; 2012-05-15 at 08:06 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    My rant goes beyond the game. People QQ about their cell phone, even thow it has more power than NASA had when it laneded someone on the Moon. Most people complaining don't have the slightest clue how electricity really works, let alone your computer taking digital data, and light to make even browsing the internet possible.
    Ok. Yeah, Louis CK has a funny bit about that..

But we're consumers now, and not in the past. If I pay money for a 3D TV and it doesn't work, I'll expect the seller to fix it for me. Regardless of how amazing 3D TV technology is.

Quote Originally Posted by aeluna View Post
    No backlash? The only backlash is a deteriorating reputation for failed launch titles. That's inexcusable in my book. If Blizz had any real competition and I only had $60 to spend towards a Blizz game or its competitor, you damn well will be sure I take things like this into account.
    Or... get this. If the game were a luxury, and you had the option of simply not buying it at all...

But no. That's just crazy talk.

Quote Originally Posted by DissPanda View Post
    Ooh look, now where have I seen this befo- OWAIT! Cata launch had the exact same problem!
    Not sure what you are talking about, I didn't have any issues logging into Cata at launch.

Deleted
    Downloaded the Installation twice. Both times with corrupted files. Thanks for ~15 GB traffic and wasted 12 hours of waiting (ok and sleeping) .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wigglesworth View Post
    rofl!!!! I fucking love it!!!

Just my 2 cents... adding AND allowing Guest Passes on launch, does NOT help the people who paid money, and now have to compete with guest pass users just to log in..

and FYI Blizzard made $300 million+ last Quarter, and you can RENT servers.. so?? .. Game is defective out of the box.. there are many ways Blizzard could have avoided the rabid gerbils.. but chose not to. I expect lawsuit announcements in the AM!

Be certain that your region is set to YOUR region when logging in.

I lost 2 hours last night by this !

10+ Year Old Account
    Played till around 3AM ish and it was nice, sure first 1hr it was hard to get in (got in earlier but got kicked out, think I hanged at the char creation screen too long).
    -K

So were there people who were actually surprised that this happened? Hell I didn't buy D3 and the only reason I'm even awake still is because I've been having fun laughing at my friends' struggles to login. In general the Internet is having a field day too because of how badly Blizz seems to always do during launches. ">2 HOURS" and "Diablo 3 Hours" are examples of the fun that has been had.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was able to play fine at Midnight until level 6. Got DCed, now stuck getting Error 37. FML