Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Learning at least two-three champions of every role is a good way to get more prepared for ranked.

And remember, being a good player is not the only thing that's needed for ranked... Remember, there's random people. They have the potentional to wittle your sanity down slowly.

What Swiftero said, essentially. Know several champs for every role because one of them could be banned. If you really want to win, play jungle, top, or mid. Those 2 lanes and the jungler have the most influence on other lanes. A good jungle can shut down 2 lanes easily. A good top will shut down top and assist in mid. A good mid can now only their mid lane, but can gank both bot and top and can counter jungle.

Pick a role/lane/hero that is mobile and good at roaming so you can destroy all of the enemy lames. Even in rank, mostly at low elo, games are essentially decided by the first 10 minutes (people still don't know what comebacks are or learning on how to capitalize on mistakes).

I haven't done ranked solo/duo queue yet, and only three 5's games with my friends either... but anyway..

I'd suggest getting more experience in draft pick normal games first. While it may be true that support is one of the less popular roles, take into account that it usually is wise for a team to pick their supports first, as you can't really counterpick against them. As opposed to say if your team selects their mid first, then the enemy knows what mid to take against yours.

Thus if you're early in the selection process, sure, grab Janna (if the other team hasn't), but if say you're last pick, getting her last may mean that your allies have been counterpicked. It is possible for someone on your team to grab a champion early and then you trade with them, but then you need to have the champion that they want to play.

And then there's also the possibility that someone else wants to play support, in which case hopefully you can play other roles...

And while I haven't experienced ELO Hell, you may want to try to make sure you win your first 10 placement matches so you can avoid it. =p

Deleted
    What about around 300 wins? And is it better to play with 2 ppl?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you queue with someone you can count on, you have a few extra advantages:

* Only 60% of your team can be filled with idiots, rather than 100% on the enemy side (80% for your team if you solo queue). This is assuming you know what to do.
    * You have voice coms, which is far superior to pinging.
    * You can win more lanes
    * You can help the other lanes (randoms) win more easily

That said, this goes off the assumption that the other person is actually capable of playing at your level. It falls flat if you bring a 1100 ELO player with a 1500 ELO player as you're just going to get frustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    That said, this goes off the assumption that the other person is actually capable of playing at your level. It falls flat if you bring a 1100 ELO player with a 1500 ELO player as you're just going to get frustrated.
    This, well said. It's easier to overlook a bad friend than a bad random person. Trust me, I know from experience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post

Pre-30 games are a joke, and even at 30 most games are, but they are played completely different.

You'll rarely see scores like this flying around. Ashe stacking IE, Talon stacking Thornmail.. Just go and get used to lvl 30 games first and then consider ranked.

Ranked isn't necessarily for the 'better' players as in low ELO you will undoubtedly find a lot of morons. It just doesn't really help the cause if you get an inexperienced player on your team. It'll only make you lose more than you should and your ELO will go lower and lower, and you really don't want this to happen.
    Yes,
    Yesterday I've done 3 drafted matches lvl 30 and is actually different, thought I was good with vayne but I found out I'm not really good on last hitting,
    also I've met 3 blitzcrank or nautilus bottom lane (together with AD) as support wich is really boring...is this something people do to troll or is actaully a tactic to have puller bottom lane?

---------- Post added 2012-05-16 at 10:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    That (^) said, get used to playing support a bit more first. Odds are you can pick it, but taking that upgrade from Philo Stone does show you have a bit left to learn even for that particular role. Same goes for the Guardian Angel.
    As I wrote, during mid game we were dominating the game and I was trolling so I made all the "wrong" choices just to see if those items could be any good, usually I don't build neither the heart nor the guardian angel

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyrosso View Post
    also I've met 3 blitzcrank or nautilus bottom lane (together with AD) as support wich is really boring...is this something people do to troll or is actaully a tactic to have puller bottom lane?
    It's an actual tactic of having a more aggressive character such as Naut, Blitz, Alistar, and Leona, as supports to help secure kills.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

A lot of people can't handle the "passive" support very well, so they go for a more aggressive support character. It depends on your lane partner, but it can work very well.

Remember, a champion that can support in some way is better than a champion that can't support at all.

Yes,
    Yesterday I've done 3 drafted matches lvl 30 and is actually different, thought I was good with vayne but I found out I'm not really good on last hitting,
    Believe it or not, but those are actual offensive supports. They're called kill lanes when you do this and other champions such as Leona, Alistar, Nunu and Morgana are amazing at this.

Bot lane is all about last hitting, poking the enemy team, and setting up for a kill with your support bringing the utility to the fight. You say you're having problems with last hitting, I recommend you take the Butcher talent with your masteries and AD marks & quints. These will not only help with last hitting, but also with your early game dominance vs the enemy ad carry. Doing this also allows you to start with Boots of Speed + 3x Health Pots so that you're more maneuverable and sustainable.

Blitz is wasted as a solo top if you ask me. He can do it, but it's a waste of his utility. Bot lane would be missing out on disables such as pulls, knock ups and silences. He's a fucking amazing support.

Same goes for Naut. He has an amazing gap closer, a slow, short duration stun, AND a knock up. Perfect kill lane champ.

EDIT: I'm glad you're playing vayne. She's probably one of the harder AD carries and she's also one of the best (if not THE best). Just focus on last hitting and getting farmed on cs while also keeping the enemy ad carry harassed so that you may out farm him.
    Last edited by Rampant Rabbit; 2012-05-16 at 06:43 PM.

Deleted
    - I go solo, what's the % I can play as support? (many ppl want this role or noone want it?)
    Its pretty high, everyone wants a solo lane so you won't have to fight for the support role.
    - I see lot of matches with Janna so I guess is not often banned, and I play her and many other supports so I should be ok, am I wrong?
    Bans are pretty predictable, Janna is not often banned unless the enemy bot lane feels like they can be countered by her. But you will see that there are champions who will be banned frequently (kassadin, morgana, amumu, rammus, etc)
    - If all the roles are taken and the only one left is something I really can't play cause we are gonna loose anyway, should I just quit?
    If you quit, you lose Elo. By quiting you may save your teammates' time but there's always a chance you can win.

I'd say you should practice a little more in order to play ranked successfully. By knowing only one role you ruin your chances to be a High Elo player.
    Being stucked at low Elo sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wapetufo View Post
    Dont play ranked.

Get more experience.
    I don't think this is very helpful or contributory.

You didn't answer any questions he had.

If he follows your 'advice' at what point will he have 'more experience'?

Deleted
    Tnx all of u who wrote something usefull, and also those who just trolled

Are the AD runes really important for the last hit?
    If so, This is something I'm gonna try soon.

Been flamed cause I took flash and exhaust with janna....instead of heal cv...I'm pretty sure good ppl with janna don't use heal/cv...maybe cv, but as someone wrote here cv is good only on early game. Am I right?

Deleted
    Tnx all of u who wrote something usefull, and also those who just trolled

Are the AD runes really important for the last hit?
    If so, This is something I'm gonna try soon.

Been flamed cause I took flash and exhaust with janna....instead of heal cv...I'm pretty sure good ppl with janna don't use heal/cv...maybe cv, but as someone wrote here cv is good only on early game. Am I right?
    Exhausting their carry will win you trades early on, in low ELO people don´t even watch the map so Exhaust is better.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think anyone was flaming you for not taking heal.

Supports aren't supposed to be the ones w/ heal, that's for the AD carry as the actual caster gets more.

Flash on Jana is fine, with exhaust being preferable at lower ELOs, CV for more skilled games.

I run Exhaust / CV on Nunu just because I'm a bit more durable and don't really need the escape.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    ..maybe cv, but as someone wrote here cv is good only on early game. Am I right?
    CV is good all game. Anyone who thinks differently should probably consider the times you'd really want to know where their entire team went (let alone the times you'd want to see what their jungler is up to).

Deleted
    Get a good sense of the game and play jungle, easiest way to get to plat.

Don't be afraid of ranked, it's not different from normals in any way. If anything, ppl are even more retarded in ranked than in normals.

Tell ppl to go f themselves if they talk garbage and just play for fun. It's a game and should be enjoyed to the fullest as such.

10+ Year Old Account
    CV is meh. The new jungle is rather predictable. Is it nice? Yeah. Is it necessary? No. I'd much rather have exhaust over it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    CV is meh. The new jungle is rather predictable. Is it nice? Yeah. Is it necessary? No. I'd much rather have exhaust over it.
    Right, and with strong warding from the entire team CV is even less useful.

The only time I take CV is when I'm playing Nunu with my organized 5s...it helps our jungler so much and all he has to do is call for it over Mumble.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.