Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomservo View Post
    do it better yourself then
    Sure people need to chill out, but comments like this make me insane.

So if I buy a new car that is in the shop all the time should I not bitch because I don't have the knowledge and tools to engineer and build a car myself? If I take a new medicine that makes me ill should I grin and take it because I don't have the know-how to create my own medicine?

I love the no offline mode idea because the biggest pain for me when I tried to play Diablo I was within a week as soon as I went into an online game there were a ton of hacked "godmode" characters. That ruined it for me.
    ----

Prediction-- most of the people constantly moaning and complaining about games likely all have "Farmville" on their Facebook.

My idea of hell: Sitting in a movie theatre with 200 sniffing worgen or laughing goblin toons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamalaya View Post
    Lol, the hilarious point is when you realise there are 250+ negative reviews on metacritic which may well just be people reviewing the log in screen. That's...pretty sad if you think about it, heck at least if people say "the ending to Mass Effect 3 sucked!" they have a point.
    The generalized negative reviews arent due to the issues of release.
    Many reviewers have early accesses and already reviewed the game before launch.
    There is however a reason why its fetching negative reviews.
    This is a very personal opinion so dont go into crusade mode, but in my view the game is subpar.
    It feels like a diablo clone, not a diablo.
    LOVED the first and the second, this one looked bland, maybe i outgrew it but i doubt it as i still play D2 and D1.
    This one feels like tourchlight actually i dare say that torchlight 2 or path of exile (a free game) will be better than D3.

And i am honestly sad about it, i grew with diablo (played it with my father, i was in charge of potions haha, was like 8?) and with D2... this one is good as a game but juiceless, soulless somehow...

The constant login spamm wont help the case btw.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that there is no Offline mode is a TOTAL HERP DERP fail

The fact that the online servers are crashing cause of millions of people trying to log on all at the same time isn't a surprise though
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

Quote Originally Posted by RevDrLuv View Post

So if I buy a new car that is in the shop all the time should I not bitch because I don't have the knowledge and tools to engineer and build a car myself? If I take a new medicine that makes me ill should I grin and take it because I don't have the know-how to create my own medicine?
    This is more like...you buy a car and then 10 million people use it all the time. You should probably expect your car to break down once in a while if so many people are going in and out of it.

Deleted
    The pool gets crowded when everyone's jumping in at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by RevDrLuv View Post

If you buy a car and have usual 'beginning car problems' on the first day and you know almost certainly they'll be gone in a week or so, I'd expect you to not bitch incessantly about it and say it's a horrible car because of it. If you take some medicine and have known major side effects that you were aware would exist (even if you didn't want to admit it...) and that would disappear after a few days, I'd expect you to not try to get your doctor fired or crusade against the pharmaceutical company.

Quote Originally Posted by dariusz2k View Post
    And yet how many times have you been like "Don't worry bro, just copy my D2 and have this serial key I got online." and then your LAN friends never actually bought the game. I'm all for the online only, if people abuse it, lett'em use it.
    Many, and in the end we all ended up buying the game because we enjoyed it.
    There is a reason why piracy is considered free advertisement. If people like the game they will buy it, if they dont they wont.
    Someone who pirates likely wouldnt buy the game in the first place, there is NO loss of money.

Hell quite a lot of games i ended up buying were due to friends borrowing them to me and me liking them, or getting to know them at a LAN with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by aekya View Post
    This is a very personal opinion so dont go into crusade mode, but in my view the game is subpar.
    LOVED the first and the second, this one looked bland, maybe i outgrew it but i doubt it as i still play D2 and D1.
    This one feels like tourchlight actually i dare say that torchlight 2 or path of exile (a free game) will be better than D3.

And i am honestly sad about it, i grew with diablo (played it with my father, i was in charge of potions haha, was like 8?) and with D2... this one is good as a game but juiceless, soulless somehow...
    I mean this in a non-critical way, but how do you review a game when you have no experienced everything about it? Many of the best games I've ever played I was completely lost/frustrated the first time playing it. Maybe you will still not like it, but maybe I'm just different in thinking that making a judgment so quickly is rather difficult.

Okay, I am tired of people defending Blizzard on this epic fail. Steam has been providing single-player games with online DRM that include a multi-player option, and everything has worked fine for them so far. And before you say "Steam doesn't have games that millions play like Blizzard", they do and they have plenty of them like Skyrim, Call of Duty MW3, etc. And they handle the traffic for many of them at the same time. This whole fubar fiasco was all Blizzard's fault for forcing a person that wants to play a single-player game remain logged into a server the entire time they are playing instead of just doing a credential check and then allowing the game to be activated for play and then logging out the user from the server (like Steam does).

Not only did they screw up by requiring this, but they also screwed up by not paying attention to the number of pre-sales and annual passes and making sure that the proper infrastructure was in place for launch. They had to take down battle.net websites in order to allow those that got in at launch to actually play and today it is having a ripple effect on WoW servers. I am sorry, but IMO this is an inexcusable screw up that could have been avoided by having more than one open beta weekend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    The pool gets crowded when everyone's jumping in at the same time.
    Haha, I think crowdedness would be the least important problem. Think of all the injuries.

No one could play the game until Blizzard's servers went up. It's, literally, the exact same thing, for example, that IGN did with SW:TOR. No one has played the game long enough to give a good review.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomservo View Post
    do it better yourself then
    Why do people feel the need to post this crap? The lack of ability to do something better doesn't disqualify you from judging or commenting on it. It reminds me of Rob Schneider chewing out a critic for rating his Deuce Bigelow sequel poorly because the reviewer hadn't won an award.

If Gordon Ramsay says his liver and raw sewage pate is the height of cuisine, let's see you do...oh wait, you can't. It's still gonna taste like crap though.

Why not just go with, "I have no real counterpoint, but screw you"?

Quote Originally Posted by helusay View Post
    Okay, I am tired of people defending Blizzard on this epic fail. Steam has been providing single-player games with online DRM that include a multi-player option, and everything has worked fine for them so far. And before you say "Steam doesn't have games that millions play like Blizzard", they do and they have plenty of them like Skyrim, Call of Duty MW3, etc. And they handle the traffic for many of them at the same time. This whole fubar fiasco was all Blizzard's fault for forcing a person that wants to play a single-player game remain logged into a server the entire time they are playing instead of just doing a credential check and then allowing the game to be activated for play and then logging out the user from the server (like Steam does).

Not only did they screw up by requiring this, but they also screwed up by not paying attention to the number of pre-sales and annual passes and making sure that the proper infrastructure was in place for launch. They had to take down battle.net websites in order to allow those that got in at launch to actually play and today it is having a ripple effect on WoW servers. I am sorry, but IMO this is an inexcusable screw up that could have been avoided by having more than one open beta weekend.
    You have a fundamental misunderstanding of the login process.

Many, and in the end we all ended up buying the game because we enjoyed it.
    There is a reason why piracy is considered free advertisement. If people like the game they will buy it, if they dont they wont.
    Someone who pirates likely wouldnt buy the game in the first place, there is NO loss of money.

Hell quite a lot of games i ended up buying were due to friends borrowing them to me and me liking them, or getting to know them at a LAN with friends.
    And how many more times did you play a game, enjoy it for a couple of hours then just not buy it at all. It isn't really free advertising if you give the product away for free in the hopes that someone will turn around and be like "Oh but...I should pay you for this."

This isn't your blog, OP.

There's so many wrongfully self entitled people crying about something as minor as a couple hours downtime on release that it's embarrassing.
    It's called Bloodlust not Heroism.
    I used to be a good player once. Now I'm a casual

Deleted
    i like the way arenanet holds a event for guildwars 2 it has loggin issues and the developers solve it in half the time blizzard does for a smaller company areanet is sure showing them up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by helusay View Post
    Okay, I am tired of people defending Blizzard on this epic fail. Steam has been providing single-player games with online DRM that include a multi-player option, and everything has worked fine for them so far. And before you say "Steam doesn't have games that millions play like Blizzard",
    Ok gonna have to stop you right here. Steam does not house the servers for the multiplayer of any game accept Warhammer: Retribution and they had the same issues for a week after that game launched.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    No offline mode was a GOOD idea, I'd hate to see the amount of piracy, dupes, hacks and other crap that would come about if information was stored on your computer..
    Those will exist anyway.