Deleted

D3 - Installation issue

Yo! Ok, so first I downloaded the stuff from the email I got from Blizz since I bought the annual pass. After that I had to wait around 2 hours for the 7 GB to download. Then I opened the launcher and once I clicked install, I got a message saying ''an unexpected decryption occurred. Please contact customer support.''

So what, I just go to battle.net and type this to Blizz and wait for a reply or did I do something wrong, did forget to set anything, does this have to do with the current Battle.net people can't log in thing etc. Help is appreciated, thank you.

Same here having problems with installing.
    Tried installing on different hd's with enough space, all with thesame message telling
    me I don't have enough space. This occurs after waiting half an hour seeing
    'updating setup files' and doesn't go any further than that for me.
    Tried my dvd, downloaded full client, downloaded new client; nothing works.
    Running on win7 ultimate OS with 12gb ram with a i7-965 on a rampage III, so
    that should not be the problem.
    Any insight from you guys? Thank you. ;-)

Deleted
    Also, when I select the destination on the launcher installation (my first D3 stuff is on D disc, with it's own folder) do I have to place it next to that folder, just put it in D disc or inside the first D3 folder?

for the downloaded installer, the files might have got corrupted whilst downloading, might be like u might have interrupted the download and resumed again. I had the same issue and re-downloading helped . Idk the issue with the dvd though :?

Deleted
    Ok. I downloaded Diablo again, now when the downloading finishes, I clicked cancell, it was 7.60/7.60 nothing was happening, obviously done. I clicked the launcher and I can't open it, it's telling me ''Another program is currently using this file.'' The only thing I have open is Google Chrome... I don't have anything else open that's using it, what do I do, i've been struggling all day and can't even get to install it....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanxys View Post
    Ok. I downloaded Diablo again, now when the downloading finishes, I clicked cancell, it was 7.60/7.60 nothing was happening, obviously done. I clicked the launcher and I can't open it, it's telling me ''Another program is currently using this file.'' The only thing I have open is Google Chrome... I don't have anything else open that's using it, what do I do, i've been struggling all day and can't even get to install it....
    Don't click cancel, let it finish. Its not done until its done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastkaii View Post
    Don't click cancel, let it finish. Its not done until its done.
    Ok, so what do I do now, I click the install link on my mail, or do I have to delete everything and let it install for 2 hours again?

Quote Originally Posted by Shanxys View Post
    you are not supposed to do that my friend, check your d3 installation folder and delete any .part files, when it's at 7.60gb/7.60gb it's unpacking the tome 3, you just have to wait. after deleting the .part files, start up the downloader again

Did you play on the Diablo III beta at all? Also, don't fret about having to reinstall. Servers are gonna be down a little while anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khonorum View Post
    you are not supposed to do that my friend, check your d3 installation folder and delete any .part files, when it's at 7.60gb/7.60gb it's unpacking the tome 3, you just have to wait. after deleting the .part files, start up the downloader again
    Ok, I deleted 1x .part file but when I click the SetupWin.mpq (which i think is the installer) it then gives me the ''Windows can't open this file...windows can go online to look it up automatically or you can manually select from a lit of programs etc....)

So I can't open the launcher or the installer, what now? Appreciating all you peoples answers here.

---------- Post added 2012-05-15 at 11:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Acideyeliner View Post
    Did you play on the Diablo III beta at all? Also, don't fret about having to reinstall. Servers are gonna be down a little while anyway.
    Haven't played the beta, and I know about that, I just want it installed... Been struggling with installing it for 6 hours... Literally. And I'm not even in the main installing phase.

start the downloader. Point to the folder where you downloaded your files. The downloader will check files and redownload those that got corrupted.
    let downloader finish. After it downloads everything (showing 7.60/7.60) it's still working - it's unpacking files. If you cancel at this stage - files don't get unpacked and game will not install. Wait untill it's done.
    After that you run installer.

and btw. MPQ files are not executables. Those are content databases that store.. well every piece of content. You need to run Diablo III Setup.exe file..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

I had the same problem last night.

I will try to help with what I did

Redownload the Diablo 3 installer (Not the D3 setup file from Battle.net as it will make you redownload the whole thing) here :

http://us.media.battle.net.edgesuite...downloader.exe

Currently you should have a Diablo 3 folder where all the .part files you had were deleted from, if you can restore them if you haven't cleared recycle bin.then run the installer and point it to the same directory. It will run a check on the files and download all the missing files and that should solve the problem

Deleted
    Ok. Right now the launcher worked, I started the second installation, although I don't have the third tome in the folder and the installer is just going..... (still at 0% after 4 minutes)

---------- Post added 2012-05-16 at 12:18 AM ----------

Right. Now reading through Synche's comment, I stopped the second installation and went for the first installer, I returned the .part file (3) which is the only one undone into my Diablo folder. As i downloaded the very first installer it's telling me ''Another copy of the Blizzard Downloader is already downloading that file to that location.''

So, what do I do now? The part 3 tome is on .part yet the second installer is working. (although haven't seen 1% yet, because I stopped it after 5 minutes)

I'm really hating the fact that I have to go through all this... Really appreciate your help
    Last edited by mmoc9aedacf3cf; 2012-05-15 at 10:23 PM.

Deleted
    i have this too

Deleted
    Update: I managed to fix the very first downloader issue, now when the game actually starts installing it stays at 0%. I've left it running for about an hour and a half and it stayed at 0%. At the start it told me that I needed some minimum specifications: Pentium D 2.8GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+, but my friend told me that he got a brand new comp, got the same message, restarted it and it worked, so that should work for me not a problem. I haven't set up my Game Code on battle.net but I don't think that's the problem either. I've set the destination for the second install inside the folder of the first installment folder, so why does it remain at 0%?