Poll: Should IP pricing on Champions be reduced?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

IP Prices on Champions

Hello fellow League of Legend players!

I'd like to ask something about IP prices and in particular, the prices of champions. Do you think that over the 2 year or so time that the game has been out that Riot should reduce the IP pricing of champions? There have been champions out for quite some time (Kog'Maw/Vladimir) and they are still priced at 6300 IP.

That being said I do recognise that they reduce the RP prices of champions and rotate these changes every week but does anyone else feel that old champions should be reduced?

They've been doing it for a while (see Ryze,Anivia,Twitch,etc) And they'll keep reducing the old ones like Kog'maw and Vladimir, of course.

However, personally, I couldn't say I'm very fond of the idea, I was already outraged when my main got price reduced. I guess I like feeling like a special snowflake, but oh well. New champs seem to only be comming in 6300 format :/

Quote Originally Posted by Magellanmini View Post
    Hello fellow League of Legend players!

I'd like to ask something about IP prices and in particular, the prices of champions. Do you think that over the 2 year or so time that the game has been out that Riot should reduce the IP pricing of champions? There have been champions out for quite some time (Kog'Maw/Vladimir) and they are still priced at 6300 IP.

That being said I do recognise that they reduce the RP prices of champions and rotate these changes every week but does anyone else feel that old champions should be reduced?
    Man, you should see the prices on Garena(SEA) server. They rarely ever reduce ip prices, and they do not even follow the NA prices. So many heroes are more expensive over here then in the NA server for eg. Jax is 3.1k here, and Miss Fortune is a 6.3k hero and so is Blitzcrank also at 6.3k among many others. Seriously ridiculous.

I think the cap should be 4.8k, not 6.3k.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

No. The reason of them being this high is so choosing what champion to buy is a decision, champions being 5 games worth of ip would basically remove the point, might aswell make them all playable standard then. Would also completely remove the reason to buy champions with RP meaning less income for Riot, seeing as they're f2p they can use that.

So imo a no because champions wouldn't feel any special anymore to unlock and it reduces Riot's incomes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorious View Post
    No. The reason of them being this high is so choosing what champion to buy is a decision, champions being 5 games worth of ip would basically remove the point, might aswell make them all playable standard then. Would also completely remove the reason to buy champions with RP meaning less income for Riot, seeing as they're f2p they can use that.

So imo a no because champions wouldn't feel any special anymore to unlock and it reduces Riot's incomes
    Yeah I bet it really has nothing to do with them wanting more money when players get frustrated and buy riot points.

Eh, they won't reduce IP prices while there are those out there who seek instant gratification through RP purchases. Current IP prices doesn't really bother me, just makes me think long and hard about what champion to buy.

Deleted
    I think they're a bit too steep. They really have to stop pricing ALL the new champions at 6300. Why are there no 4800 or 3150?

IP prices on champs is kinda fine.

The pricing on RUNE PAGES IS OUTRAGEOUS MANG

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    IP prices on champs is kinda fine.

The pricing on RUNE PAGES IS OUTRAGEOUS MANG
    This is so very true. The champ prices are about right since you always get something exiting, but runes/runepages, those are a big unexiting grind.

Deleted
    Since this game if F2P it is pretty obvious why are the prices relatively high.

Not to mention getting just one of the two will leave you broke very easily. I guess that's where the IP boosts come in.
    My General Gaming Blog *Latest Updated: 9/25/14*

Deleted
    I think that are some good champs with a very low price, and some champs with a really high
    They should review all prices

Some Champions need reduction in my opinion. For example:
    - Ezreal 6300 -> 4800
    - Hecarim 6300 -> 4800 (yes, even it's whole new)
    - Yorick 6300 -> 4800
    - Lulu 6300 -> 4800 (how many would buy 6300 IP support?)

And these are just few examples. Karthus should be increased back to 6300

I don't care particularly for the IP prices, but it'd be awesome if they allowed you to do any sort of bundles with RP. Either their own premade sets of newer champions, or just "pick any X champs for y RP."
    It's called Bloodlust not Heroism.
    I used to be a good player once. Now I'm a casual

Deleted
    they need to reduce, or ill never have them all, u just can keep playing like no lifer and want to bit expand my collection

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    I think they're a bit too steep. They really have to stop pricing ALL the new champions at 6300. Why are there no 4800 or 3150?
    Jarvan, Rumble, Karma, Trundle, Galio, Irelia, Swain, Oriana, Miss Fortune, Urgot. I've been playing since Kog was released. These are champions who were released after Kog and 4800 or lower.

Its a decision. Do you slog it out and play how ever many games to get enough IP to buy a champ, or do you put real money into it and get it straight away? I've done both in the past, though tend to only buy any RP champs I want when they go on special offer.
    RETH

I actually think a lot of the RP prices need to be reduced on the older champs as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Jarvan, Rumble, Karma, Trundle, Galio, Irelia, Swain, Oriana, Miss Fortune, Urgot. I've been playing since Kog was released. These are champions who were released after Kog and 4800 or lower.
    Orianna, who is the latest 4800 champion came out a year ago. I said new champions.