Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I just called and set on hold for like 30min but they said that blizzard has not been hacked and they paid there bills seeing that millions of people play wow not to mention the new release of diablo 3 so dont worry about anything. They said the reason for this is because the server that they use is down and all realms and all websites are in the same server. They also said it will take a while (guessing 3hr 5hr tops)-his words
    So take a nap read a book or play elderscrolls.. see ya
    p.s. For those of you who dont like elderscrolls and want to comment about your opinion..your insanity is a void in my life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Confirmed. WoW is back up. Can log in.

Everything is back up!

Quote Originally Posted by Lignar View Post
    And when their DNS provider takes a poop? What will you switch to?
    I'm meaning even before this has happend there are just bugs, that they even know about that still hasn't been fixed... its just getting ridiculous

Glad it got fixed. I have about 1 hour left to play. ^_^

Last [at]BlizzardCS twitter post 9h ago.

Really MMOC? You cant post any links to WoW? I mean really! No links to the things YOU cover? Thats just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by oriflamme View Post
    I only started WoW in December and I feel your pain. I'm sick of the BS too considering what we all pay to play. After watching a few Tera trailers yesterday & reading about it, I will probably join you. Happy Trails!!
    I'm an ancient MMO player (beta tested Ultima Online) and I'm not even going for Fanboi club or anything but honestly and I mean this sincerely after playing well over 20+ MMO's over the years... World of Warcraft has a. the best uptime b. best problem solving c. tech support out of every MMO I've played since beta Ultima Online. Hands down, no lie, no fanboi.

I have horror stories compared to now from old MMO's like Ultima Online where one of the first times they learned of a duping exploit, they rolled their servers back a week. Every person in-game lost an entire weeks worth of work etc. because of it and 24 hour rollbacks were very common during the first 2 years of Ultima Online which was a pay to play MMO and still is. :P

I want to play WoW right now also but I can assure you this is a 5-star resort compared to other MMO's both past and present. Rifts MMO had their user database hacked and hundreds of thousands of players had their accounts hacked and thats a fairly recent MMO. Ultima Online and Dark Ages of Camelot... if you lost anything on your account or your account was hacked, they just shrugged at you and said "Sorry, nothing we can do." You truly do not understand how awesome WoW is compared to other MMO's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing to see here now, please keep moving along...
    Last edited by Amilyne; 2012-05-18 at 02:55 PM.

us.battle.net just loaded up for me, and the WoW servers seem to be back up for me as well, at least on my standard connection. Tried accessing through my AT&T Hotspot and neither works still, very odd, oh well.

They are back up =D
    | Main RP Character:
    Nidal Shadowdance |
    | While Forum RP'ing:
    Italics = What he's doing currently.
    Non-italics with Quotes = Talking
    Non-Italics without Quotes = Thinking |

Ahh couldnt do my dayies at morning break.... Im all discombobulated now :P

Deleted
    So the wow servers havn't been offline at all? just not resolvable? boohoo
    i kinda hoped this would have reset atleast the raidlocks

Aah well, it sucks, but c'mon it's not like it has been offline for days, just a couple of hours.
    And even then, it's not like they can help it if the whole dns is offline....

If you are really this angry about this as some people here, you should really look for some help

Everything is Fine bliz has it up now... No need to change the host file at all

Everyone remember to undo any changes made to the hosts file! If you don't, it's going to be unfun when the IP addresses next change and you've forgotten about this change.

Just able to logon now US

They fixed it. go on and continue throwing your lives away nerds

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-05-18 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oriflamme View Post
    I only started WoW in December and I feel your pain. I'm sick of the BS too considering what we all pay to play. After watching a few Tera trailers yesterday & reading about it, I will probably join you. Happy Trails!!
    I would be willing to bet that Tera will be a huge fail in the US. GW2 is a big difference compared to WOW, I quit WOW for about 6 months years ago and at the end of that 6 months I started to play GW and it made me want to play WOW again. I could never get over the fact that you can't jump in GW and EVERYTHING was instanced.

Quote Originally Posted by onyxblack View Post
    ... guild was on heroic madness last night, jumped from platfrom 4 to the 3rd one where his head lands. One of the healers didn't get the wind buff and fell right through the water.

Im addicted to wow... but its just been full of bugs lately.
    That's been happening forever now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kihlerabz View Post
    I assume this is a work-around to whatever issues are keeping ppl from logging into the blizz servers.
    I looked up "How To Edit Your Hosts File" at How-To Geek.com . . . looks a bit complicated . . . oh well. . .
    It's a actually pretty simple.

On Windows, find Notepad in your start menu, right click on it and select "Run as Administrator". In Notepad, open C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc.

On Mac, open Terminal, type 'sudo nano /etc/hosts' and type in your password.

Copy and paste into the end of the file:

12.129.206.130 us.logon.battle.net
    213.248.127.130 eu.logon.battle.net
    12.130.244.193 us.actual.battle.net
    80.239.208.193 eu.actual.battle.net

Save it and play.

When the servers are back up, follow the steps again and delete those entries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delameko View Post
    It's a actually pretty simple.

On Windows, find Notepad in your start menu, right click on it and select "Run as Administrator". In Notepad, open C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc.

On Mac, open Terminal, type 'sudo nano /etc/hosts' and type in your password.

Copy and paste into the end of the file:

12.129.206.130 us.logon.battle.net
    213.248.127.130 eu.logon.battle.net
    12.130.244.193 us.actual.battle.net
    80.239.208.193 eu.actual.battle.net

Save it and play.

When the servers are back up, follow the steps again and delete those entries.
    The servers are back so dont do this anymore