Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Pardon the spoiler but...

Yeah. I was very confused, displeased and slightly aroused to see Diablo HAD BREASTS!!

SUPPLE BREASTS LOLOL!!!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    So his "evil spirit" is always male no matter the vessel he is using for physical form? Ok, makes sense.
    Yep, pretty much this. Diablo is a he - no matter who or what he possesses.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Also a pretty good point, since Andariel is one of them.
    W/e she is there or not, diablo looks like alien not diablo.
    You expect schwarzenegger in his prime years to come out of the door, door opens, what you see? paris hiton with spikes on her back.
    O and diablo also hits like a girl... the mauler thingys on 4th act are more dangerous than him/her/whatever >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo is "devil" in Spanish, and since it's a demon I'd assume it's genderless. Also they aren't going to rename the entire franchise because Diablo lost some weight P:

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexiefy View Post
    W/e she is there or not, diablo looks like alien not diablo.
    You expect schwarzenegger in his prime years to come out of the door, door opens, what you see? paris hiton with spikes on her back.
    O and diablo also hits like a girl... the mauler thingys on 4th act are more dangerous than him/her/whatever >.>
    In a way, Diablo is an alien. He is an alien to Sanctuary. Also again like many have stated, Diablo looks the way he does in D3 because he is an amalgamation of ALL 7 Evils, including Andariel - who was female. Not to mention he is using Leah as his vessel, and Leah was (surprise surprise) a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryade View Post
    Not when Diablo is "Devil" in Spanish...
    But the same applies to spanish, Diabla is a female version of a devil i dont know if english has it though, i talk spanish so take my word for it
    i suppose the word Devil in english has no gender and is neutral?
    Last edited by banan163; 2012-05-19 at 06:26 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banan163 View Post
    But the same applies to spanish Diabla is a female version of a devil i dont know if english has it though, i talk spanish so take my word for it
    i suppose the word Devil in english has no gender and is neutral?
    Kinda hard to say really. I mean if it's "THE" Devil or a Devil, also there's the term She-Devil.

to those saying "diabolos" doesn't come from the old greek (hence why it's older than spanish/italian or portuguese), the Roman Empire adopted a lot of ancient greek culture, as well as their science and their vocabulary. As you may know, spanish, italian and portuguese (amongh others) evolved from a kind of "street" latin, adopting the latin language as the base of their language, thus making several spanish words similar to greek ones.
    To the OP, (atleast in portuguesa) there's no feminine form of "diabo", afaik.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Kinda hard to say really. I mean if it's "THE" Devil or a Devil, also there's the term She-Devil.
    Yeah true had forgotten about the term She-Devil:P
    But the word Devil in general should be neutral i think in English

10+ Year Old Account
    if i remember correctly at the end of act 3 adria pretty much says diablo was leah's father through leoric's son. so unless blizzard is really trying to make a point about gender identity or something i dont see how he can be her "father" and be a woman

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draganid View Post
    if i remember correctly at the end of act 3 adria pretty much says diablo was leah's father through leoric's son. so unless blizzard is really trying to make a point about gender identity or something i dont see how he can be her "father" and be a woman
    Diablo possessed Adrian - Leoric's son and father of Leah, in the end of D1 - he tricked him into smashing the Soulstone into his own forehead. Just like the Diablo from D1 was a possessed Albrecht, and how the Diablo in D3 is a possessed Leah. This however, has nothing to do with Diablo's gender.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Since Diablo is based on the greek Diabolos (male devil) the female version would be Diabolas (female devil). So Diabla instead of Diablo...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryade View Post
    Not when Diablo is "Devil" in Spanish...
    In reply:

The Devil (from Greek: διάβολος or diábolos = 'slanderer' or 'accuser')[1] is believed in many religions and cultures to be a powerful, supernatural entity that is the personification of evil and the enemy of God and humankind.

Διάβολος from the Greek verb διαβάλλω(= to wrongly accuse, spread lies about someone, slander), converted to the latin Diabolus and then passed on to latin-descendant languages in slight variations.

Diabola or Diabla and such don't feel good, semi-correct and leaning on being wrong.

Diabolica sounds better and is grammatically correct, even though it is an adjective.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys are over-analyzing the point that's been stated a few times. Diablo is a male. He took on a female appearance due to his host body, Leah. He's still himself in spirit.
    | Happiness is the best revenge |

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    In a way, Diablo is an alien. He is an alien to Sanctuary. Also again like many have stated, Diablo looks the way he does in D3 because he is an amalgamation of ALL 7 Evils, including Andariel - who was female. Not to mention he is using Leah as his vessel, and Leah was (surprise surprise) a girl.
    leah is a pawn that is there just for diablo to get out of soulstone and thens transform into his form...
    And as i said... Look at previous diablo, look at azmodan, fuck... look at belial in his true form...

There is no logical reason for diablo to look as he does. He is not in leah's body anymore just like he wasnt in aidan's body when you fought him in d2.
    Fact of the matter is, diablo looks was even bigger letdown than whole story of this game...

i thought it was a tranny, and they go by "he" or "she" so Diablo is fine. Just like I could be a big foxy tranny named Jeff for all you know.

Deleted
    Spoiler

As was said he is male and Leah's Father, so regardless of his vessel he is still himself.

But that doesn't even matter really, Diablo is his actual name, not just a description so it wouldn't have to change even if his gender did.