View Poll Results: Which date seems realistic for release?

Voters
2187. This poll is closed
  • August 28

260 11.89%
  • September 4

211 9.65%
  • September 11

213 9.74%
  • September 18

380 17.38%
  • September 25

449 20.53%
  • OCTOBER 2

674 30.82%
Page 19 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    There has always been a prelude for every expansion. This time frame doesn't seem too far off from what I expect.
    Which is more musical, a truck passing by a factory or a truck passing by a music school? --John Cage
    There's people making babies to my music. That's nice. --Barry White

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meejum View Post
    when is guild wars 2 going to be released? expect panda to be somewhere around there.
    Blah! Blizzard is about as afraid of Guild Wars 2 as .... well USA is as afraid of being invaded by Canada or Mexico.... :P Seriously.. Blizzard is more worried about current subscribers getting more and more bored and dropped off then playing pecker games with NCSoft.

---------- Post added 2012-06-24 at 11:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    Where is the picture of that blizzard 5 year chart when you need it. Thing has been 100% correct so far yet nobody has busted it out...I am disappoint.
    It's far from accurate anymore. :\ it's off base. That's why it's... poofed
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

May as well wait for it. Blizzard is never going to release a game unfinished. There will still be minor bugs floating around but that's why the community is there to help them. Team effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    Where is the picture of that blizzard 5 year chart when you need it. Thing has been 100% correct so far yet nobody has busted it out...I am disappoint.
    Because it's completely wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aabay123 View Post
    May as well wait for it. Blizzard is never going to release a game unfinished. There will still be minor bugs floating around but that's why the community is there to help them. Team effort.
    There is ALWAYS minor bugs in ALL software. that's common fact. No such thing are bug free software.. NEVER.
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Based on what, exactly?
    empirics most likelly.

meh.

id like it to be earlier, but meh. rather them take their time and get it right. but if its released before that, youd be wrong and come up with a reason why you doubted yourself, and ill be happy playing mop. its a win win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Based on what, exactly?
    Blizzard generally announces the release date 2 months prior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Let's see... 100% correct.... So we have.... Heart of the swarm already.... As of Q4 2011! I need to buy that!! I was late getting D3! I got it in May and it came out Q4 2011 as well! but Ex1 of D3 is coming Q2 2013!! Woots! as well as the next installment of Starcraft Q1 of 2013 already!... OH SNAP!!! Warcraft Movie this holiday season!!!! Who's in it??!!!?!?!?!!!! Is the trailer online?! I bet it's gonna be better than that gay ass Hobbit movie :P... This Q4 2013 Next Expansion of WoW AND Titan!!!! DAYUM!!!!!

:P

Sorry Dazzy.... couldn't resist..... It's almost midnight for me... I'm about to turn into a pumpkin.

---------- Post added 2012-06-24 at 11:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    OH CRAP!!!!! something else!!!!!!!!!! THREE KITTENS HAVE DIED TONIGHT!!!!!!!!
    Fanboy (Fanboi):

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody Bamboo Forrest of Eternal Nightmares
    Quote Originally Posted by Meejum View Post
    when is guild wars 2 going to be released? expect panda to be somewhere around there.
    So it can kill WoW and then fail a 2 weeks later just like Warhammer, AoC, Tera, Rift, and Aion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by redruMPanda View Post
    So it can kill WoW and then fail a 2 weeks later just like Warhammer, AoC, Tera, Rift, and Aion?
    If SWToR had a playable Jar Jar Binks character, you know it would have killed WoW. Kids like Jar Jar even though he makes Ewoks look like Shaft.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's going to be released mid august and when it does I'll come back and laugh at the OP and everyone else thinking it's going to release until Nov/Dec.

Deleted
    Oh for gods sake I usually stay away from these posts but shut up already. The guy didn't even say anything about that, he merely pointed out that it'd be a good idea for Blizzard to release Pandaria around the same time as Guild Wars 2, if that is somewhere around q3-4. MMO-players have a tendency to get attached to a game really quickly, so it'd only make sense for Blizzard to release it around the same time, to minimize the amount of players leaving and sticking with GW2. If they don't, and they release it after, or before, chances are that people will have already invested 2-3 months in a new MMO and plan to stick it out for a while instead of switching back to WoW. If MoP releases before Guild Wars 2, people could (note, could) be bored really quickly and stop playing WoW again after a month. Blizzard needs to be smart about when to release this expansion, which would explain why they still haven't given a release date yet, despite being so far along in the beta.

Sorry, nothing can fail as much as you. If you used even part of your brain here, you would realise that because GW2 has NO SUBSCRIPTION FEE, it won't kill any mmo, just be there along side. But sure, Rift is dead, ow wait no it ain't. TOR is dead, yea partially, but still some servers are damn busy. So nice fail there.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    No, he's saying that Blizzard would only have spent the time on the Brewfest items if they intended MoP to be out before Brewfest started. They would not waste the time making items that they don't plan on using for more than a year, especially not while in development of a beta.
    Yup, INTENDEDbeing the main flaw in your statement.

Deleted
    Based on what, exactly?
    Idd lol, they announce the release 1 month before the actual release always. So let me think, we don't need it now :P

Quote Originally Posted by dethlyhallows View Post

A whole bunch of people in MMO-C have been suggesting that the game would release on July/August, which is not too far off, but they still have nothing to back up unless you count faith. See you in Pandaria September/October!!!
    Yes, their 6+ years of history with the game vs your 124 post count. I'm going to go with the ones running the most popular videogame devoted fansite as opposed to...you.

Deleted
    totally not this summer....the ptr for the talents aren't even out...raids need to be tested 2.definitely not this summer

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post

MoP beta began 20th of march, so it has been going for two months. so one can speculate based on previous beta timeframes that MoP will be released late july-mid august, assuming its time in beta wont deviate too much from previous average (4,2-4,5≈ months)
    Keep in mind that they skipped the whole F&F Alpha this time, so add 2 Month to your "average"

If they offered an annual pass for us to pay for a full year of the same content, you can expect an immediate and HUGE loss in subscribers, myself include. We won't even bother to give MoP a chance when they treat their loyal customers like that.

No way in hell is MoP coming that late, OP.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.