Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CHALET View Post
    'The' military? Plenty use the ArmA engine, plus they need engineers from BI or at least train people to do it. I'm just tired of DayZ fans acting holier than thou about buying the game, as if BI was some cellar-ran company who paid their staff on tinned beans and filtered salt water and Rocket is their messiah who will lead them across the holy land of "omg zombeiz so kewl111!" and that BI should be bowing before people who got it in the Steam sale as their saviours. The fact they spent years developing a sequel - plus DLC - in what was already a very niche market should make it clear BI would have been fine without DayZ, it just got them a good injection of cash more.

The DayZ port will just be ArmA2 repackaged. ArmA3 will have very high system requirements, plus people still struggle to run ArmA2 even to this day. By just tweaking the existing engine it means they can support both 'mod players' and the newbies who purchase it stand-alone with alienating either party nor forcing people who only picked up Combined Operations a few months back to pay out all over again.
    http://news.softpedia.com/news/Unite...r-284461.shtml a little insight to what I said about the military, more specifically the army, looking for a new engine.

So you believe that once the standalone is release the mod will still be developed? Im under the impression that Rocket said he would continue to develop the mod in parallel with the standalone until its ready to release a playable version. Not continue to have a Mod and standalone running side by side.

Also the engine doesnt dictate the system requirements, thats the client. The Arma3 client fully utilizing the Arma3 engines abilities creates those high system req's. I would hope that Rocket uses the Arma3 engine where he can build a better client in time.
    Last edited by philefluxx; 2012-08-08 at 12:23 AM.

I imagine Day Z will be an entirely separate entity from Arma III, with it's own map(s), controls, inventory system, et cetera. The only thing I look for them to share is the Real Virtuality 4 engine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some good info:
    http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2012/0...alone-release/

Looks like its going to be the same as the arma3 engine. Im extremely happy with this =)
    Last edited by philefluxx; 2012-08-08 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Some good info:
    http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2012/0...alone-release/

Looks like its going to be the same as the arma3 engine. Im extremely happy with this =)
    Hard to believe how far Rocket has come, from a modder with a vision to now working on a standalone that'll be released by BI, just in a few months time, and props to BI for supporting this. At this rate it doesn't look like I'll need the War Z to tide me over. Very excited!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Hard to believe how far Rocket has come, from a modder with a vision to now working on a standalone that'll be released by BI, just in a few months time, and props to BI for supporting this. At this rate it doesn't look like I'll need the War Z to tide me over. Very excited!
    My thoughts exactly. The War Z is boasting some interesting features, but now that Rocket has BI and the Arma3 engine for the standalone things are definitely looking a lot better for DayZ since Rocket already has a proven product even with all its bugs and glory hahaha.

10+ Year Old Account
    So my camp got hit and all but a hidden vehicle stolen. I got all the valuable stuff, such as 5 rangefinders, 5 GPS, 5 NVGs, L86, a TON of ghillies out of the ATV, in case they came back and some hacker cumbag goes and gives everyone on the server the same kit. Bye bye to all the loot I was going to trade to replace what was stolen.

Fucking hacking scum.

We banned 28 people from our server yesterday for hacking. had 3 people try to appeal the ban but they had really weak excuses and could not explain the scripts they were caught running lol.

we had our camp attacked during one hackers attack all tents flattened and some cars taken. restarted the server to apply bans tents came back up and we then went out and looked for our stolen cars! found a few still missing 1 truck. We did find a bus though so meh easy come easy go!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BelziBhaal View Post
    So my camp got hit and all but a hidden vehicle stolen. I got all the valuable stuff, such as 5 rangefinders, 5 GPS, 5 NVGs, L86, a TON of ghillies out of the ATV, in case they came back and some hacker cumbag goes and gives everyone on the server the same kit. Bye bye to all the loot I was going to trade to replace what was stolen.

Fucking hacking scum.

>Someone found my tent
    >must be hacking

Dude, if you can get to your camp, anyone can get to your camp.

lol, gotta love the "someone found my camp, damn hackers" rants.

Honestly, i'm one of the guys that jumped on the hype and spent 25€ on ArmA + OA and felt utterly disappointed with the game, oh well, live and learn. Hopefully after some further development it will be a lot better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    We banned 28 people from our server yesterday for hacking. had 3 people try to appeal the ban but they had really weak excuses and could not explain the scripts they were caught running lol.

we had our camp attacked during one hackers attack all tents flattened and some cars taken. restarted the server to apply bans tents came back up and we then went out and looked for our stolen cars! found a few still missing 1 truck. We did find a bus though so meh easy come easy go!
    If I where you, I would be careful saying something like you banned 28 people, you are actually not allowed to ban ANYONE, even if you suspect them of hacking.
    Your server can be blacklisted.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    If I where you, I would be careful saying something like you banned 28 people, you are actually not allowed to ban ANYONE, even if you suspect them of hacking.
    "11. As a server admin you must not:

You are not permitted to ban players for killing yourself or clan members.

You are not permitted to shutdown your server when your killed.

You are not permitted to shutdown your server when you lose a vehicle.

You are not permitted to kick or ban for smacktalk.

You are not permitted to ban for suspected cheats or exploits of a non-server-disruptive nature, including but not limited to ghosting, unverified cheating, duping and similar, UNLESS you have solid evidence, IE logs.

12. You are permitted to kick or ban for hate speech, including racism and homophobia.

All kick or ban actions must be reported in the forums under section http://dayzmod.com/f...heat-reporting/

13. You are permitted to kick or ban for ongoing severe hacking that is affecting players in a server-disruptive way.

All kick or ban actions must be reported in the forums under section http://dayzmod.com/f...heat-reporting/

So yes you can ban people, within the guide lines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    Completely wrong. You cannot ban someone with out just cause. If you ban someone you better have proof to back it up, but you can certainly ban a hacker/exploiter and provide proof if they try and appeal.

On another note, appears BattleEye is getting worked on. Seemed to be doing some interesting stuff yesterday like kicking AFK players and notifying us of certain scripts that were being ran.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    On another note, appears BattleEye is getting worked on. Seemed to be doing some interesting stuff yesterday like kicking AFK players and notifying us of certain scripts that were being ran.
    I noticed the 'random fact' it kept displaying, from a source of exactly 1 fact hehe.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    You do realise that Rocket has been working for Bohemia Interactive as a Game Designer since January?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentCooper View Post
    >Someone found my tent
    >must be hacking

Dude, if you can get to your camp, anyone can get to your camp.
    Read what I said again. I said some hacker gave EVERYONE on the server the same gear. I said nothing about a hacker taking my vehicles. Also, when the server restarted, the atvs were back. My motorbike and bicycle are still MIA, but I will find them eventually.

Reading comprehension ftw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Havn't seen this linked yet so thought i'd share:

her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Havn't seen this linked yet so thought i'd share:

Is it good or bad that I know exactly which barn that is and exactly where it's at?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wtf is ghosting?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BelziBhaal View Post
    Wtf is ghosting?
    In the context of Arma/Dayz I would imagine the hack(s) that enables you to become invisible and/or immaterial, the hack the guy uses in the DayZ Haunting video (worth watching btw), but that's just a guess.

In other FPS ghosting normally means watching the enemy teams screen to gain an advantage but that's not really applicable for DayZ.
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,

this game is good on paper but the gameplay is pretty bad.