Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatguyiscool View Post
    this game is good on paper but the gameplay is pretty bad.
    Bad in what way? The buggy/choppy-ness of the Arma2 engine or simply in a 'works in theory, doesn't in practice' way? I'd agree about the bugs but have hope they'll be wormed out in the standalone client.

Only problem i'm having with the game currently is the amount of duping going on, if you die it takes a 15 minute run to certain locations and maybe 2 or 3 server hops and you can easily get fully geared out by raiding dupers camps. I actually started playing on Sanctuary/Non-hive servers the other night just so I could go into Cherno without there being a dozen snipers all with the same loadout (AS50 w/ nato, ghillie and NVG) just sitting on the hills because theres almost no penality for dying in the context of gear. I'd guess for every legitimately spawned m107/AS50 there is atleast 200 duped ones.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Quote Originally Posted by BelziBhaal View Post
    Wtf is ghosting?
    Ghosting in dayz is if you exploit the fact that positions etc are global across all servers in PvP.

Basically lets say you see a guy up on a hill, you then log out, log in to another server and run on top of the hill, then log out and back in on your original server then kill the guy you saw on the hill from behind since you logged in on that hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wtf is ghosting?
    Ghosting is the reason why I have died twice while sniping into Elektro >.>. It seems that whenever I get a character to 3+ days alive I end up dying to ghosts.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

All I've heard from my friends and associates is how amazingly difficult this game is to setup and I bought it for myself. It fucking is. There's a specific order in which you have to do things and one thing done offkey, fucks everything up. Plus, the game has bugs, the framerate in Day Z is a lot lower than normal Arma 2, so if you're using Arma 2 or the free version of it to test your system before getting Day Z, it's not an accurate assessment. Then we have hackers... There's basically nothing you can do. They just come into all the servers, ruin everything and leave. You can't do anything really unless you get lucky and have a few hours where none of them get on your server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    In the context of Arma/Dayz I would imagine the hack(s) that enables you to become invisible and/or immaterial, the hack the guy uses in the DayZ Haunting video (worth watching btw), but that's just a guess.

In other FPS ghosting normally means watching the enemy teams screen to gain an advantage but that's not really applicable for DayZ.
    Ghosting is when you log into another server to move your char so that it gives you an advantage, for an example, you are being shot at and you know where the guy is, you log into an another server move to where the guy was and log back into the other server and kill the guy, most people use this method to kill snipers or if they are being binned down by a sniper or a squad somewhere.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im glad our designated driver for our helicopter hasn't done that yet

Intel i5 3570k, Gigabyte 7870 OC 2GB AMD RADEON, Kingston Hyperx T1 2x4GB 1600mhz,
    Seasonic 520w M12, Asrock Z77 Pro4, WD 500GB Blue

Bad in what way? The buggy/choppy-ness of the Arma2 engine or simply in a 'works in theory, doesn't in practice' way? I'd agree about the bugs but have hope they'll be wormed out in the standalone client.

Only problem i'm having with the game currently is the amount of duping going on, if you die it takes a 15 minute run to certain locations and maybe 2 or 3 server hops and you can easily get fully geared out by raiding dupers camps. I actually started playing on Sanctuary/Non-hive servers the other night just so I could go into Cherno without there being a dozen snipers all with the same loadout (AS50 w/ nato, ghillie and NVG) just sitting on the hills because theres almost no penality for dying in the context of gear. I'd guess for every legitimately spawned m107/AS50 there is atleast 200 duped ones.
    Will those kind of servers show up on six-launcher? (at work so can't really check atm) And do they still run battle eye to try and help some with hackers? (just don't want to play on one if they are hacked just as much or more lol)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagmonster View Post
    Will those kind of servers show up on six-launcher? (at work so can't really check atm) And do they still run battle eye to try and help some with hackers? (just don't want to play on one if they are hacked just as much or more lol)
    Seems to be a mixture of the two. Some are set up for people without legit copies of the game as well as being able to openly script/spawn things but there's also plenty of decent ones with BattleEye running and competent admins.

Had a good laugh playing on one last night, constant fire fights going on in Cherno and Elektro with everyone just using pistols, enfields and shotguns.
    Last edited by Nirawen; 2012-08-10 at 02:22 PM.
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,

Deleted
    Okay, I'm not bashing this game or anything... it actually looks rather fun.

But what's with everyone's obsession with zombies? You see it everywhere lately. I really don't understand it. They're not the greatest thing ever.
    Personally, I think if you're seen one zombie movie or game, you've seen them all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another good use of hacks

her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,

Oh god, now I don't want to log on incase that thing appears behind me
    Trying to play GW2 like you played WoW is like trying to play Chess using a Checkers strategy.
    -----
    Give a man a fire and he will be warm for the night, set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

10+ Year Old Account

Thanks i just dont know how will i go to sleep now D:

Intel i5 3570k, Gigabyte 7870 OC 2GB AMD RADEON, Kingston Hyperx T1 2x4GB 1600mhz,
    Seasonic 520w M12, Asrock Z77 Pro4, WD 500GB Blue

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody ax murderer guy has me scared to play at night now.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

10+ Year Old Account
    Just noticed while watching the axe video again that the music during the death screen is from Gothic 3 .
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,

Deleted
    Wtf is ghosting?
    Ghosting is when you disconnect, connect to another server to walk up behind people, then log in to the server you disconnected from to shoot them in the back. I think.

It might also be to hide your name in the server list.

Here's my own little bandit video, with a hillarious twist.
    There are 3 people, 2 pals and 1 stranger. Watch the luckiest respawn in the world. Sorry about the aspect ration being messed up, it's my editor.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm3EpTuD1fw
    Last edited by mmoc4a603c9764; 2012-08-12 at 03:58 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Ghosting is when you disconnect, connect to another server to walk up behind people, then log in to the server you disconnected from to shoot them in the back. I think.

It might also be to hide your name in the server list.

Here's my own little bandit video, with a hillarious twist.
    There are 3 people, 2 pals and 1 stranger. Watch the luckiest respawn in the world. Sorry about the aspect ration being messed up, it's my editor.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm3EpTuD1fw
    You cannot believe, how boring that was to watch. Not sure how a person can enjoy himself laying down in grass all day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    You cannot believe, how boring that was to watch. Not sure how a person can enjoy himself laying down in grass all day.
    Whatcha mad about man?

Yes it takes patience to do so, something a lot of people lack.

10+ Year Old Account
    besides the bugs and hackers most amazing mod everrr

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodydemize View Post
    besides the bugs and hackers most amazing mod everrr
    It's an alpha, it will have bugs. A lot of them.
    But expect it to get much better now that the game is going stand-alone. Many of the issues are inherent in the ARMA 2 engine, so if they change that out it will solve so many problems.