Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    oh yea finally gonna be able to black list av and isle of conquest. hate them both.

Deleted
    No more Shite of the Ancients and Eye of the Shitstorm. Woo!

10+ Year Old Account
    ...OMG IT'S SWIRLY BALL!!!

OMGOMGOMGOMG!

Oh, please Blizzard please please leave this in. I've missed it so much!

People have already said it but 12,013 votes for currently playing Inferno, followed by "1.9% of characters have unlocked Inferno difficulty" Blue post. lol.

Will there be a new build this week?

Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    Will there be a new build this week?
    Please yes. I'm sick of Townlong Steppes.

While it is amusing that this poll shows a majority playing in Inferno, it is limited to people that view this website.

Many people interested in end-game content frequent this website.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omni View Post
    People have already said it but 12,013 votes for currently playing Inferno, followed by "1.9% of characters have unlocked Inferno difficulty" Blue post. lol.
    MMO-Champion visitors are pro. or lying. or a little of both.

on the Achievement WowDB. I can't figure out much sense in which achievements are account wide and which are not. I looked up The Immortal to see if I'll be able to use that title on other characters, and it's not account wide, which doesn't surprise me. But some don't make sense. Kingslayer is, Destroyer's End isn't. Heroic Fall of the Lich King is, Light of Dawn isn't. Glory of the Cataclysm Raider is, Heroic Al'Akir isn't. Similarly, Glory of the Dragon Soul Raider is, but Heroic: Madness of Deathwing isn't. Secrets of Ulduar is, Keepers of Ulduar isn't.

Can anyone enlighten me? I expected a lot more to be account wide. Don't really see a point in making a meta account wide, but all the pieces and the titles not, especially when the meta mount will be account wide anyways. The D3 account-wide achievement system is more what I was expecting, where any character counts, with maybe some uncool but unsurprising exceptions for Feats of Strength like Immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahska View Post
    Um don't read that part?
    Hard to ignore if its mixed up between the WoW news. I didn't mind that D3 got news here a couple of times, but now its just too much

Deleted
    In regards to the achievement points being shown for the individual characters how sure of this are we?

I transferred my main over that has 11110 achievement points, on beta it only has something like 3500 as some of the grind quest information is missing (all the squirrels/gold etc) but the number of achievement points seem fairly consistent across all characters.

Another thing to note is that all my feats of strength are currently showing across all chars including Hand of A'dal which people have listed as not being shared.

/edit

checked all characters on my beta account and all achievement points are identical at 3945, the only way I could verify this is completing an achievement on my panda that is already marked as completed so level 20/quests cleared in a zone would be the easiest but I don't have time right now.
    Last edited by mmoc272ae768e6; 2012-05-29 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Clarification

Query 1: Made 6 characters. One is in inferno. How many players are playing inferno? 1/6 or 1/1?
    Query 2: Got the game for free due to annual pass. Tried it out, didn't like it. Quit. How many players are playing inferno? 0/1 or 0/0?
    Query 3: I play hardcore. I get to inferno and die. How many players are in inferno? 1/1, 0/1 or 0/0?

1.9% of characters are in inferno. Yeah, I believe that because only 16% of my characters are in inferno.
    Last edited by hx9; 2012-05-29 at 03:05 PM.

Love the BG blacklist feature. Now I can avoid the zerg/siege weapon nonsense and focus more on the smaller scale BG's

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you even have an option in the poll of "not playing D3"? What statistic does that satisfy??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Can you please stop posting Diablo 3 news??? Its not WoW or MMO related
    At this point it's basically a mmo... it's massive, it's online, it's muliplayer.. is it a mmorpg? no is this site mmorpg champion? no
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Wow... that's not a BG blacklisting tool. That's just a way to allow the Horde to never play AV ever again.

RIP AV... how painful a tortured life you had for something that started so beautiful. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Mnevis View Post
    on the Achievement WowDB. I can't figure out much sense in which achievements are account wide and which are not. I looked up The Immortal to see if I'll be able to use that title on other characters, and it's not account wide, which doesn't surprise me. But some don't make sense. Kingslayer is, Destroyer's End isn't. Heroic Fall of the Lich King is, Light of Dawn isn't. Glory of the Cataclysm Raider is, Heroic Al'Akir isn't. Similarly, Glory of the Dragon Soul Raider is, but Heroic: Madness of Deathwing isn't. Secrets of Ulduar is, Keepers of Ulduar isn't.

Can anyone enlighten me? I expected a lot more to be account wide. Don't really see a point in making a meta account wide, but all the pieces and the titles not, especially when the meta mount will be account wide anyways. The D3 account-wide achievement system is more what I was expecting, where any character counts, with maybe some uncool but unsurprising exceptions for Feats of Strength like Immortal.
    I went back and clarified the wording a little bit. For example, once you earn The Keepers of Ulduar (10 player) on one character, it becomes account wide on all your characters. You must kill all four of those bosses on one character though, so progress on it is not account wide. After you earn an achievement, almost every single one is account wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    Love the BG blacklist feature. Now I can avoid the zerg/siege weapon nonsense and focus more on the smaller scale BG's
    That saddens me... as Zerg/Siege IS a battleground. Smaller scale stuff is not a battleground... it's just playing field-games.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    That saddens me... as Zerg/Siege IS a battleground. Smaller scale stuff is not a battleground... it's just playing field-games.
    Well, label it however ya want. I prefer smaller scale PvP, as I feel my contributions are much more meaningful. I'd rather have the large scale stuff be in world PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Wow... that's not a BG blacklisting tool. That's just a way to allow the Horde to never play AV ever again.

RIP AV... how painful a tortured life you had for something that started so beautiful. >_<
    Hordies will still play it. They'll just probably stick to Rath strat/scorched earth premades.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    You must kill all four of those bosses on one character though, so progress on it is not account wide. After you earn an achievement, almost every single one is account wide.
    Ok that makes sense, thank you. Account Wide meaning in this case 'now can be completed through the efforts of more than one character', not 'now any character gets credit once you earn this achievement'.

Looking at them now though, there are still some disappointments. It's cool that, for example, if I happened to get 'Don't Get Cocky Kid' on an alt, it would count towards my main's progress toward 'Battle of Gilneas All-Star'. But, unfortunately all of the Win 100 Isle of Conquests, or Disarm 50 Bombs, or Defend 50 Nodes achievements don't count up all your characters' wins/disarmed/defended. Those seem like sub-meta-achievements to me.